Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New player that could use some guidance.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New player that could use some guidance. 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Geletin » March 12, 2013 9:37am | Report
Hello everyone! I just started playing smite a few days ago and I am loving it so far. However I am having some difficulties with the game, so I have a few questions.

1. Is the god pack worth it? If so should I buy it?

2. I am having troubles killing enemy gods, even when they are low levels. I literally throw everything I got at them and they leave pretty much unharmed, but when they attack me I die so easily. Any tips to kill other enemy gods? The only times I have is when they are low health.

3. I don't know what my type of play style is, but when I play I tend to be very agressive. If I'm an agressive player, what should I be doing around the map(I play conquest.

4. Any recommended gods? I unlocked Vanmana and followed all the guides, but I just cant seem to get a grasp on him.

Thanks guys!

Geletin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » March 12, 2013 9:45am | Report
hello and welcome.

1) yes, buy now

2) kill more....
but srsly give more info about the probleme geez.

3) stay in lane, roaming and ganking makes you lose too much EXP

4) arachne maybe or neith?
Vamana is strong but you need a grasp of the game before you can really use him

add me ingame and I'll joust you to see where I can help you.
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » March 12, 2013 9:47am | Report
1. Yes it's very worth it, and it won't be available again after Smite comes out of beta.

2. Maybe you are attacking tanks? They are build to take damage, or maybe who you are attacking have protection against your damage type. Pay attention to what items the enemy players are using, and adjust yours accordingly. :D

3. If you're an aggressive player, then you should be picking assassin type Gods. This will keep you busy all over the map.

4. From your question on number 3, these are the classified assassins:
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/gods#assassin

but some others like Agni are great as well.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Geletin » March 12, 2013 9:58am | Report
Thanks for the responses guys! My 2nd question may have been a little vague so I'll clarify. This problem happens more with assasins. I gank them, then hit them with all my abilites, and they just turn around and destroy me. I'm guessing this is a playstyle problem, but I just want some general tips for fighting other gods. I'm guessing that I'm jsut playing extremely dumb.

Geletin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ElGrizz » March 12, 2013 10:54am | Report
Learn each Gods skills so you know what ability they just recently used and a general idea of how long the cooldown is. Thats when you want to attack, when you know their ult is down or they just used their CC or escape mechanism. High ranked players will keep track of this to get an edge in each fight. Baiting might help you as well. Get a teammate to grab the attention of their assassin, when they get chased you jump in and finish.

Add me to Smite! IGN: ElGrizz

Hit that +Rep, I can tell you want to...

A Fetus?! Mother of God!

ElGrizz

Prominent (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Geletin » March 12, 2013 11:00am | Report
Thanks I'll try that!

Geletin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » March 12, 2013 11:11am | Report
1. Just buy it, I had this problem but when I bought it it was awesome ;)
2. and 3. Don't be too agressive, this is a really passive game of tug of war, you won't always be able to kill the enemy in no-time
4. I can recommend Bacchus (my main), he is one of the most agressive gods in the game, he is an exellent god but I think you should really figure out your playstyle before

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Geletin » March 13, 2013 7:11am | Report
I think buying the god pack was the biggest help! I havent gone negative since. If there is any advice I have for other new players, is to play defensively.

Geletin

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » March 13, 2013 8:09am | Report
I am just wondering is there really a point of buying the god pack other than you get the characters earlier and your supporting the game?

I ask this because many games have this feature where you can just buy things if you don't feel like working to achieve or unlock stuff. You may think its stupid but to me isn't the point of playing the game to unlock the things you want? Isn't that the fun of the game is to do work so when you finally get that thing you want you feel like you earned it?

I guess I was just never the type to buy my way into things because then it ruins the game for me, it feels as if I no longer have anything to work towards if I have everything unlocked. Thats why I was just wondering what is the point of actually buying the pack other than getting gods earlier and supporting smite? Don't you think it kind of ruins the game unless you are a type of player that does not like working for stuff I guess it might not matter to you.

Oh last thing, whenever you buy the god pack does it give you all the skins or do you still have to buy the skins. Now if they gave you all the skins I would says **** ya buy it but if it doesn't give you the skins it would feel to me as if I have just bought my way into no work. The only thing I bought was the Anhur skin because that is something I CAN'T WORK to achieve I am forced to buy it to make my anhur different.

I was just wondering how you guys feel about that, maybe I am the only one in the boat that likes to work for my things. Oh and I am not hating or mad, I could buy it if I wanted to right now but I feel that it would just make smite not fun anymore if I have nothing to work for.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Geletin » March 13, 2013 8:23am | Report
I was defintely in the same boat as you. If you buy the pack now, you unlock all the characerts, and new characters now, and when it comes out of beta. Trying to unlock all the characters is a pain, especially if you're a higher level.

I would just buy it, it's only 30 bucks and you're supporting a great game. Take the deal now before it comes out of beta.

You can alos save your favor to buy new skins.

Geletin

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }