Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New player and i need a few (lot) questions answered

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » New player and i need a few (lot) questions answered 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by J_RASSIX » February 26, 2016 3:43am | Report
Hello, I am new to Smite and need a few questions answered. i had it on PC just didn't have the friends that I have on PS4 alpha to play it with. Ok but on to business. If you decide to respond to these answers could you copy and paste Questions with a different colored answer plz/thankyou

P.S If you can not answer all the following questions answered what you can or feel like i'll understand as we do not know everything. i'll be checking this tread often to see what happens

1)First are there fast ways to raise gold? and if so how so?

1A) what are the fastest way to level up in arena/conquest?

1B) and do different type of Gods have different level speeds then others (in short do warriors, mages, assassins etc all have the same leveling quickness)

2) i need help on choosing certain builds, but i want a FAST one with: Quick speed/Power/penetration and save one out of the 6 for defense, any recommendations?

3) i play Thanatos mostly arena, but i have had much success with him in Conquest i want to play Guardian in 5's and warrior in 3's any recommendations and quick tips that maybe useful when choosing them.

4) is there any Active items that stun? if so what are they?

5) i want to do quick burst damage and would love to see order of importance for burst damage.. (i.e is attack speed, penetration, as important as crits)

6) I have loved YMIR as a guardian his ability to trap/stun and he is not to slow w/ the damage is great but i want a Guardian with stuns and PULLS... you know someone who eases the crowd for players around them any recommendations and if so a defensive minded build and link would be nice.

7)if you have any tips you'd recommended for a new player that you want to share or if someone might want to play with a noob on the PC a few times to try to help me out I welcome it since i am trying to get firmly ahead of the PS4 crowd?

J_RASSIX

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » February 26, 2016 4:38am | Report
In answer to your questions lets have a look.

1A)Solo and Duo have the nice added boar camps in conquest that give minor xp and gold whilst solo has the boars and the fire elementals that give some xp. Mid has to deal with the mid furies and the jungler gets free reign of them all.

1B) All Gods, no matter what class or type they are, level at the same speed. If you took two bots with one being a guardian and one being a hunter and have both of them farm consistently for the match. Both would be able to get to level 20 at the same time (Minus last hitting and what not.)

2) Go into jungle practice and mess around with the builds you want. Look at guides here on smitefire (I have a Anubis Loki And Chiron guide all up)

3) In conquest, Guardians are normally based on 3 things: Control, Utility and Defence (Healing if they have any.). Control is based off how much CC the god can give, Ymir for example has 2 slows, a 2.25s stun and a wall so he has a great amount of control opposed to someone like Athena Who has a taunt and a slow to speak. Utility is how useful they are in certain situations and defence is self-explanatory. Warriors also go off this but put damage into the equation.

4) No. There was Fist of the Gods but Season 3 came around so there are no stuns. We've got slows but no stuns.

5) Can't really answer that one.

6) Sylvanus Or Khepri Mostly Khepri will be your best bet with a root and a pull but Sylvanus has a root, pull and two tick damage abilities.

7) Practice....Practice, practice, practice...I know it sounds cliché but you need to put in a good amount of hours into Smite to get any better with it, especially on PC. As for PS4 just put some effort into aiming.

Hope this helped!
-Sods
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by J_RASSIX » February 26, 2016 4:47am | Report
yes, thank you,this was very helpful i will be trying out a few maybe chiron and khepri... i as far as actives which ones slows BTW

J_RASSIX

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sodsboy » February 26, 2016 8:55am | Report
Curse Slows opponents and also reduces healing so it's a good pick up on guardians and solo laners if going against healers
IGN: Soddyboy
Curse: Sodsboy
Steam: Sodsboy

Sodsboy

Memorable (10)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 26, 2016 10:55am | Report
Quoted:

1)First are there fast ways to raise gold? and if so how so?

1A) what are the fastest way to level up in arena/conquest?

1B) and do different type of Gods have different level speeds then others (in short do warriors, mages, assassins etc all have the same leveling quickness)

easy said farming. being in a lane, killing jungle camps getting a kill. more times you need to back or not close to minions (not doing something in the jungle) the less exp you get. Exp is shared with team mates so the lanes were you are normally solo get more exp.

Also last hitting only improves the gold gain not the amount of exp you get.

Quoted:

2) i need help on choosing certain builds, but i want a FAST one with: Quick speed/Power/penetration and save one out of the 6 for defense, any recommendations?

Builds partly depend on what you like, however the class/archetype (mage assassin guardian etc.) influences the build the most as mages with a lot of movement speed and attack speed (normally you only get boots for movement speed) won't do a lot of damage as they are reliant on their abilities etc.

([user=Zilby] has a good item guide)

Quoted:

3) i play Thanatos mostly arena, but i have had much success with him in Conquest i want to play Guardian in 5's and warrior in 3's any recommendations and quick tips that maybe useful when choosing them.

You will be playing the tank helping your team out. initiating not dealing in a lot of cases. so picking fights 1v1 isn't a good idea in a lot of cases.

Quoted:

5) i want to do quick burst damage and would love to see order of importance for burst damage.. (i.e is attack speed, penetration, as important as crits)

dependens on class. for mages and ability based assassins ( Thor Hun Batz Loki etc.) power and pen are important (pen is more important for the assassins as physical protection is more common and usually higher). also CDR so you can use skills again in a shorter time.

for adc or auto attacked based assassins ( Kali Bakasura etc.) their burst comes from crits and attackspeed

warriors and guardians don't really have a lot of burst. they have more sustained damage in most cases.

Quoted:

6) I have loved YMIR as a guardian his ability to trap/stun and he is not to slow w/ the damage is great but i want a Guardian with stuns and PULLS... you know someone who eases the crowd for players around them any recommendations and if so a defensive minded build and link would be nice.

liek sods said Sylvanus (which doesn't put yourself in danger when pulling) or kephri (who places himself in danger)

Quoted:

7)if you have any tips you'd recommended for a new player that you want to share or if someone might want to play with a noob on the PC a few times to try to help me out I welcome it since i am trying to get firmly ahead of the PS4 crowd?

keep playing and don't get angry at people. If people are annoying agaisnt you mute them so you won't go into tilt mode.

(more tips are in my guide that I'm restructuring (so it's kinda a mess. you can fidn it in my profile. there are also more useful guides here to read and help you understand the game.)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }