Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

my smite wont launch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » my smite wont launch 26 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 28, 2014 4:00pm | Report
Any firewall you have might be blocking smite from running. Try disabling it for a short time instead of checking if it has any specific problems with smite. Sometimes you could miss it. If not, there should be a download link somewhere or Hi-Rez can send you a complete manual uninstall of all their software. Idk what else to tell you

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 28, 2014 4:17pm | Report
I posted this on a different thread, it may help here.

Have you tried running a full virus scan? Is something blocking it (like a firewall)?

Have you used Validate/Repair (SMITE Launcher>Settings *which is a gear icon*>Troubleshooting and Diagnostics>Validate/Repair)?

What are your computer specs?

Have you tried running it in safemode? (settings/gear>Run game in safe mode).

Also, I have no idea what this does, but in the settings/gear there is an option for "Enable fix for launcher visibility/drawing bug". You could try that. Or try checking the "Skip launcher if ready to play".

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by unox smokeworst » March 29, 2014 2:59am | Report
windows 7 home premium 64 bits
system model: p35-DS3L
processor: 2.4GHz
Memory: 4069MB RAM
BIOS: award modular v6.00PG

unox smokeworst

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by unox smokeworst » March 29, 2014 3:11am | Report
videocard: nvidia geforce gt 220

unox smokeworst

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by unox smokeworst » March 29, 2014 4:19am | Report
for as far as i can see it isnt blocked by firewall, i have tried all of the things above, maybe im doing it wrong idk cause im not good with computers. but thanks for the help anyway, i appreciate it.

unox smokeworst

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 29, 2014 12:00pm | Report
Hmm.

I know this is obvious, but have you tried rebooting your computer?

You could also try right-clicking your desktop and going to Graphics Properties (or Graphics Options, I don't know what it will be for your OS, I have Windows 8) and seeing if anything is wrong there. Also, check your power plan. I had mine set to "Low Performance" once and didn't realize it. Low performance extends battery life but makes things run poorly, whilst high performance decreases battery life but makes things run better. You can check this by clicking the battery icon on the lower right corner, usually next to time/date (again I don't know what your OS is so this may be different). Although the high performance/low performance setting usually has to do with poor FPS and not these weird crashes.

You could also try running a disk defragmenter, although I forgot how to actually do that so you'd need to google it.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by superpasser » March 29, 2014 5:31pm | Report
Hey!!! Hope this helps. I'm able to play now. Put in safe mode and Skip Launch if ready to play. Hopefully that'll work,as after doing those I'm able to play again. Good luck, and may the odds be forever in your favor!

superpasser

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by unox smokeworst » March 30, 2014 3:30am | Report
thanks katniss but it doesnt work :'(

unox smokeworst

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by superpasser » March 31, 2014 11:41am | Report
Trying when its popping up the first time, just click on it before it goes down.

superpasser

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Desdicato » June 12, 2014 12:21pm | Report
This is odd, I'm having a pretty much identical problem, only thing is, I've played smite on this computer and only this computer /laptop for since I started playing smite. I gave it a break for about a month, come back and this. Launcher pops up , hit play, nothing happens, shows zues loading screen for a sec, the one with minions jumping down etc. and then nothing. Occasionally a crash report for "unreal" pops up suggesting theres a problem with the unreal engine or w/e, but that doesn't exactly narrow it down, have tried repair utility, safe mode, admin run, uninstall reinstall... just can't think of any other variables that would have changed between the time I could play and the time I can't, maybe it just hates the new patch, and the newest god patch, breaks smite for my comp, that patch came out during my nonplaying time

Desdicato

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }