Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is conquest this bad forever?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Is conquest this bad forever? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » October 30, 2013 1:12am | Report
So, I've been playing Conquest a lot more lately to get masteries done and the good to god-awful games ratio is pretty bad. I had two games in a row where my lanemate was desperate to feed the enemy as much as possible, repeatedly charging in for kills there's no possible way they could have gotten, which led to me having to play out of the tower just to stay alive while the two enemy players were >2 levels ahead of me the whole game. Then, I got into a match with another derp lane-mate who left our lane for approx. 2 minutes before anyone was even level 5 yet, which again forced me into the tower so I wasn't feeding kills while my teammate wandered around the jungle doing god knows what (an ADC, not jungler), and they finally get back to me, still level 2 while both of the enemies are now level 5 and with me at level 3. The most recent one, everyone but me felt the need to pile into right lane, while I was in mid, and no one defending left, then two people went AFK in fountain and left after they got killed a couple times, so it was 3v5 + fed enemy team.

Cool story bro, tl;dr, etc. I just needed to blow off some steam. It seems like 75% of the conquest matches I get into since about level 14 or 15 have been incredibly bad to the point that I don't even want to solo queue for it ever again.

Are there certain times of the day that it's just best to avoid playing conquest? I'm central time and I've found that really late at night, 12-3am is usually the absolute worst time for conquest queueing.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » October 30, 2013 2:37am | Report
It might be the player pool is just bad at that lvl, so maybe just grinding exp in Arena etc and try when you get to >20 or something. Didn't have that problem when I was lvling, but that's over a year ago so I can't really remember how it was.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » October 30, 2013 3:44am | Report
I just hit 20 today and had some of the worst matches I've had the entire time I've been playing so far. I always end up positive at the end, usually the only person on my team positive, but still.

I think maybe most of the serious players are all level 30 now and most of the new people coming in are kind of clueless. It was a very sudden and dramatic change in the quality of the matches. I think there might be some sort of matchmaking at play here.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thiel » October 30, 2013 4:19am | Report
Even at level 30 you get alot of god aweful matches. Although I dare say they happen less often.

For consistently good (or at least attempted good) games League or 5v5's are the way go.
That's just my 2 cents.

Oy! Give me some privacy.

Thiel

Memorable (12)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creationism » November 1, 2013 11:01am | Report
honestly, casual conquest is for learning how to play a god. If you want good games, go into solo masters, League, or premade if you have enough people online who you trust to play well.

Creationism

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Doomsday_Machine » November 3, 2013 7:16am | Report
I agree with Creationism to a extent, first ever Solo Conquest Masters game I played, I laned with a guy who picked a god to try out on masters, a god that he hasnt played since he got mastery level 1 in, and ofc he fed hard, no idea what he was thinking, he said he wasn't even good at that role. But overall, Masters does get alot better, right now 80% of the time I play it I get a legit team. Ghraf, try adding to friends anyone who you would enjoy playing with and queue with them, it's the best way to avoid the flaws of matchmaking.

Doomsday_Machine

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Rainhawk » December 4, 2013 11:33am | Report
If you are playing with a god that you've never played before or its been a while...dont play any games, play with bots. I need to learn the god i want to play with before i set out on a real match. Thid way, i dont end up feeding. SO please have a pre-game before so you can get the rust off or get familiar with the god.
Like a match, i burn f#$%ing everything

Rainhawk

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by commander123 » December 4, 2013 2:13pm | Report
Well i have two tips

1) Learn to play gods that can hard carry teams that always helps
2)It gets better when you hit ranked the higher in ranks you get the better your teams will get
Take a look at my Apollo guide

commander123

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ghraf » December 6, 2013 5:30am | Report
It's not as bad as it was at the time I posted this originally by now. I've been playing a lot more conquest instead of just a few a day and time of day has a lot to do with match quality.

And I usually ADC or play mid, always positive, and nearly always at the least a 2+ k/d ratio, if not way higher. Kills usually in the double digits and deaths rarely over 5 or 6, if ever more than one. Even when the rest of my team got absolutely facerolled in a match I played last night, I went 18/3, only positive k/d on my team.

I feel like a lot of people just queue up Conquest and autolock the god they want to play with no intents on working as a team. I've seen so many people autolock mages lately it's getting ridiculous. And then they play badly. Incredibly badly. So, I'm just sitting in the corner banging my head into the wall.

Ghraf

Memorable (13)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by kennyofsouthpark » December 10, 2013 1:22pm | Report
same things been happening to me for the last 3 days and im at level 22 :(

kennyofsouthpark

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }