Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I need help playing solo tyr desperately. Please help.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » I need help playing solo tyr desperately. Please help. 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reprimand » June 25, 2014 8:58pm | Report
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. If i'm against a magical solo, i build first for Ancile (previously went for runic sheild), physical solo, i go for void shield, If i don't know, I go for shifter's shield, always followed by boots.
i stay in defensive stance usually to clear with #2 and i max that first.

i just lose in the lane. I'm not sure if it's because the enemy solo just clears faster than me or what. I see a TON of mage solos. If i attack them, the minions get me good. If i hit the minions, the mage just stands back and pokes me.
i just can't get any clearing done nor any proper harassment and i fall behind.

i lose in lane 8 out of 10 times and i don't know why.

I typically do fairly well with tyr in other game modes which is why this is so frustrating. I just can't find any solution.

PLEASE HELP!

thank you so much.

Reprimand

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Thegenuinebuzz » July 3, 2014 9:37am | Report
You go too tanky early imho. Tyr needs the early damage. I personally would go

Warrior Tabi- Shifters - Jotunn's wrath

And then tankier. Max Power cleave
TheGenuineBuzz
Warrior
Main Diamond 3 LoL (quit) +
Guide maker

Thegenuinebuzz

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reprimand » August 9, 2014 10:39pm | Report
Thanks for your input. I recently wondered if i should start going a bit more offensive, item wise. I'll give it a shot.

Reprimand

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 10, 2014 4:00pm | Report
well I normally go off more defensive with an Hide of the Urchin and then as 5th going with another def item

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 10, 2014 6:08pm | Report
Usually right off the bat I build Heavy Hammer and Runeforge Hammer. When I build up power mid and late game that gives me a more than decent amount of protections.

Third I get Jotunn's, then I'll go with Warrior Tabi, crit item and bloodforge. You don't crit often, but when you do, against a squishy character you can easily do 500 damage. If you are wounded a quick fury camp will fill you back up.

Don't forget you can also use Change Stance to go into guard mode and use your 2 to regain a good amount of health. I usually upgrade my 1, 2 and 3 evenly. I say lead your attack with your ult while in attack stance, then use this combo: 1 > 2 > 3 > 2 > 1. Also, if you are getting ganked and need to escape your best bet is your ultimate.

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 10, 2014 6:08pm | Report
Usually right off the bat I build Heavy Hammer and Runeforge Hammer. When I build up power mid and late game that gives me a more than decent amount of protections.

Third I get Jotunn's, then I'll go with Warrior Tabi, crit item and bloodforge. You don't crit often, but when you do, against a squishy character you can easily do 500 damage. If you are wounded a quick fury camp will fill you back up.

Don't forget you can also use Change Stance to go into guard mode and use your 2 to regain a good amount of health. I usually upgrade my 1, 2 and 3 evenly. I say lead your attack with your ult while in attack stance, then use this combo: 1 > 2 > 3 > 2 > 1. Also, if you are getting ganked and need to escape your best bet is your ultimate.

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 11, 2014 1:50am | Report
sorry but need to say this

mlyn148 wrote:

runeforged isn't an really good item unless you go like urchin and then a physical def item and as beginning it's really really bad you mostly buy it as last item

mlyn148 wrote:

as warrior against mage you should start with the boots otherwise you will be too slow when the mage can chase

mlyn148 wrote:

first of
Reprimand wrote:

i stay in defensive stance usually to clear with #2 and i max that first.

upgrading skills evenly is a stupid thing to do because you leave a lot of damage behind early game. and on ganks your defensive 1 can help out too.

Also another good way is to ask the jungler for ganks because their god pushes and then attacks your tower. he then has overextended. jungler comes in and he will die pretty fast. and 1 thing you need to do in this lane is not dying (and not let the tower die of course). When he is dead he loses farm and exp and health of the tower too. just make sure you don't overextend yourself when you don't have wards up and don't know where the enemy jungler is (If you can see him you can overextend but you need to unoverextend when you don't see him anymore)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 12, 2014 11:48am | Report
Devampi wrote:

sorry but need to say this

runeforged isn't an really good item unless you go like urchin and then a physical def item and as beginning it's really really bad you mostly buy it as last item

as warrior against mage you should start with the boots otherwise you will be too slow when the mage can chase

first of

upgrading skills evenly is a stupid thing to do because you leave a lot of damage behind early game. and on ganks your defensive 1 can help out too.

Also another good way is to ask the jungler for ganks because their god pushes and then attacks your tower. he then has overextended. jungler comes in and he will die pretty fast. and 1 thing you need to do in this lane is not dying (and not let the tower die of course). When he is dead he loses farm and exp and health of the tower too. just make sure you don't overextend yourself when you don't have wards up and don't know where the enemy jungler is (If you can see him you can overextend but you need to unoverextend when you don't see him anymore)

Say what you want but this works for me. Easily on any given game, with this build I can get a good amount of kills and die maybe 3 times. Had you tried it it would probably work. Usually people want me to build defense first, so I do. It may suck at the beginning, but mid to end game it's really good and you already have it.
And upgrading evenly is good with Tyr... If you don't one ability ends up being useless.
First off your Change Stance gives you useful protections and power depending on the stance. Your lunge gives you great damage, and so does your 2. If you don't upgrade them evenly, one becomes useless. When they are all useful (they're all level three or level 2), you become very good.
Because I don't upgrade one more than the other, I don't HAVE to use my 1 on ganks. To fix ganks, my 1 on assault stance carries both my enemies to where I want them to be, my 2 lowers their health even more, my 3 and then my 2 allows me to heal, and then my 1 or my ult finishes them.

You're talking more in general. The whole damage, overextention, the build, that's all in general. I'm focusing more on Tyr.

Also one strategy is to get behind your enemy early game the push him back with your 1 while in assault stance. Usually the enemy will attack you, then your minions should do a decent amount of damage to him.

mlyn148

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 14, 2014 2:18am | Report
I'm more talking about the role your true on that. Because it's not dying and all that's why I say you can better focus your 2 for the healing. then normally you will go 1 for the insane combo and lately 3 for the buff (LVling ult when possible).

Also your last strategy is the most fun when he overextended ending him up in your tower.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mlyn148 » August 14, 2014 9:40am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I'm more talking about the role your true on that. Because it's not dying and all that's why I say you can better focus your 2 for the healing. then normally you will go 1 for the insane combo and lately 3 for the buff (LVling ult when possible).

Also your last strategy is the most fun when he overextended ending him up in your tower.

Well, must be me then, because I don't really die that often :p

mlyn148

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }