Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do lanes work in Conquest? Who goes where?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » How do lanes work in Conquest? Who goes where? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FrostLikeAshes » July 17, 2013 6:35pm | Report
In Conquest, what roles go where? Like do supports go on left and right, and then Carrys go mid? If someone could break that down for me, it would be awesome! :)

FrostLikeAshes

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » July 17, 2013 6:47pm | Report
For about two months, we had 2v1 lanes on the sides, 1v1 mid, and a jungler (sometimes two). The latest changes however, have weakened Bumba's Mask, and solos are heavily punished for getting pushed under their tower now, so fighting 1v2 doesn't work well due to falling behind in gold.

Currently, the debate is over whether players should go back to the 2-1-2 meta that existed before Bumba's Mask, or attempt to match lanes with two 1v1 solos and one 2v2 lane, with occasional jungling. There are even some theories out there suggesting 2v2 mid could work out as well.

As to where roles go, again, the latest changes have caused some upheaval in regards to what roles should go where, especially now that there is a greater emphasis on wave clearing as opposed to turtling now. The only thing that can really be said for certain is that weak-pushing gods like Ares should never solo, ever.

For the moment, I'd just do whatever you want until the post-patch smoke clears away and people can determine what works and what doesn't.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FrostLikeAshes » July 17, 2013 7:07pm | Report
Sunfall wrote:

For about two months, we had 2v1 lanes on the sides, 1v1 mid, and a jungler (sometimes two). The latest changes however, have weakened Bumba's Mask, and solos are heavily punished for getting pushed under their tower now, so fighting 1v2 doesn't work well due to falling behind in gold.

Currently, the debate is over whether players should go back to the 2-1-2 meta that existed before Bumba's Mask, or attempt to match lanes with two 1v1 solos and one 2v2 lane, with occasional jungling. There are even some theories out there suggesting 2v2 mid could work out as well.

As to where roles go, again, the latest changes have caused some upheaval in regards to what roles should go where, especially now that there is a greater emphasis on wave clearing as opposed to turtling now. The only thing that can really be said for certain is that weak-pushing gods like Ares should never solo, ever.

For the moment, I'd just do whatever you want until the post-patch smoke clears away and people can determine what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for the reply, mate! :)

FrostLikeAshes

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 18, 2013 2:12am | Report
Sololane goes on the short lane (at Fire Giant) and duo lane on the long lane (at Gold Fury). This ensures you to be able to rotate fast if the enemy team is going for Gold Fury or if your team is going for it.

Mage mid is the normal setup and a bruiser in the solo lane, but as of now with the "no gold if your tower hits a minion" gods that push effective would be good in the solo lane as well. :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 18, 2013 4:10am | Report

Sololane goes on the short lane (at Fire Giant) and duo lane on the long lane (at Gold Fury). This ensures you to be able to rotate fast if the enemy team is going for Gold Fury or if your team is going for it.

Mage mid is the normal setup and a bruiser in the solo lane, but as of now with the "no gold if your tower hits a minion" gods that push effective would be good in the solo lane as well. :)

rolf long and short lanes, did we get this far?

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 26, 2013 8:34pm | Report
Best piece of advice I can give. Noobs don't go mid.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 26, 2013 9:11pm | Report
I'll tell you how it's supposed to be, according to high rated play: Support/Ranged Carry on gold fury side, tank/solo on fire giant side, mage mid lane, jungle bruiser or assassin.

If you're going dual tank (which is common) make sure the bad waveclear tank is the support. Ymir and Ares would be good to aid the ranged ADC, whereas odin or sobek or guan yu can waveclear well solo.

Generally there should be a jungle or the creeps are wasted and no one ever has to worry about ganks, because they'll see the people leaving lane. You can push with no worry until someone disappears from the map. But if your jungle is bad, soloing a 1v2 lane might make you lose.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }