Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

help with geting auto buy item profiles to work correctly

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » help with geting auto buy item profiles to work correctly 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nocturne_Saint » September 1, 2013 12:50am | Report
So I have setup several item profiles for my gods. I put the items I want for them into the boxes in the order I need. Then I check save profile and check use for auto level items.

For example on Anubis I have this setup, Then when I go into game it starts auto buying things from the default auto buy profile. Even though I have saved a completely new and different profile for my gods in the guide section.

Is this feature busted now? Am I doing something wrong?

Nocturne_Saint

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » September 1, 2013 1:48am | Report
Have you already clicked the button to make the build to be the auto buy?

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by JararoNatsu » September 1, 2013 9:59pm | Report
Hmm, it seems like you did everything right. It might just be bugged. Look at the "Favorites" section of the item shop the next time you are in a game. Are the items in it the ones that you specified for auto-buy? I never use auto-buy, but I still use that feature to have my build in one, convenient place.

If all seems in order, then it's most likely a bug. I'm sure it'll be worked on in a future patch, since that feature has been worked on for some time now.

Check out my Artemis Guide and my Ao Kuang Guide!

JararoNatsu
<Veteran>

Distinguished (51)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Glaemr » March 20, 2014 1:00pm | Report
Dude, i have EXACTLY the same problem. Have had it for a while in fact, there have been multiple patches since i noticed it and none of them fix it!
I hope it gets fixed soon because its annoying not having my favourites right

Glaemr

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by tekk1 » April 15, 2014 4:20am | Report
i have the same prob no matter what i build it never shows ingame -_-

tekk1

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by trey112187 » September 23, 2015 12:52am | Report
hey!!! i figured out the trick!!! after creating the custom build, you must then check the box next to each item that you want it to build, and it will build them in the order that you check them!!

trey112187

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » September 23, 2015 7:24am | Report
Yes, the Custom Build tab allows you to put the items you want for a specific god.
If you want to use those items for Auto-Buy, you need to :
- Put these items in order in the order you want
- For each item you want to be selected automatically by auto-buy, you need to check the CheckBox in the box of each item.
- Auto-Buy will then try to buy these items using the following rules :

1- Find the next item to Auto-Buy in the list
-- 1.1- Take the first item that is Checked, not bought, starting from top row, going left to right, then next row, goind left to right, and so on.

2- Buy that item
-- 2.1- It you don't have enough gold for the item completely, it will buy the rank 1 and rank 2 if possible. That way, you can just set rank 3 items in your build.
-- 2.2- If the full item is bought, return to point 1. Otherwise, it stops

This has 3 flaws :

1- It does not allow you to buy actives whenever you have a spare 300g.
-- 1.1- If you want to do so, you need to disable the Auto-Buy for the rest of the game.
-- 1.2- You can fix that partially by adding your active in your build order.
-- -- 1.2.1- That mean you will buy that exact active exactly at that moment. Not a good idea.

2- It does not allow you to sell item (like your Starter item) later in the game
-- 2.1- If you want to do so, you need to disable the Auto-Buy for the rest of the game.

3- It does not let you to have a "non-straight forward build"
-- 3.1- If you want to buy Vampiric Shroud / Tiny Trinket / Book of Thoth and then finish Bancroft's Talon, you need to set these 4 items in order.

If you wish to improve yourself, you should try to not rely on Auto-Buy.
Even with a god that can you a static build (ex: a Hunter), it does not really improve your "downtime" that much when in fountain, once you know where to find your items.

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }