Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

help picking gods

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » help picking gods 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeekyFatKidd » February 12, 2015 1:53pm | Report
I am new to the game and mobas in general and would like to concentrate on learning one god for each role in conquest to start off with. I am looking for a god that seems to be competitive in his role maybe not the most difficult to play but it doesnt have to be the easiest either as I am willing to put in the work to learn their strengths and weaknesses. So far and this is with limited experience these are the gods I have been playing, please let me know if I am making a huge mistake with any of these or if there are some gods I should give more consideration too.

carry: AMC: like his clear, dislike his lack of escape but is ok if i position my hives well this is probably my best god at the moment.

support: Sylvanus: like his heal and aoe abilities, dislike would like a jump/dash
Geb: haven't played him much but his skills look promising to me

Mage/Mid: Isis: like the wave clear and think she fits my more aggressive play style, dislike her how squishy sh is when i make one of my many mistakes
He Bo: He seems like a decent middle of the road god to me no real advantages or disadvantages I can see

Solo/Warrior: Chaac: like that he is fairly hard to kill while also having some damage my only dislike is I sometimes misuse his skills and cost myself good offensive opportunities or escapes but this seems like a personal problem i can work through and not a god problem

jungle: I am not sure yet I kinda suck at jungle so far need practice with the role before I can even think about a good god for me to play.
Ao Kuang: seems to fit what I think I will like but not enough play to say for sure.

Not sure what else you all would need to know to help me. I can give sample builds if that helps. As far as play style goes I am probably a little over agressive by nature but I am currently trying to slow down and stop kill chasing at unadvised times.

thanks for any help you all can give me
GeekyFatKidd

GeekyFatKidd

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mowen » February 12, 2015 2:01pm | Report
Personally I find Apollo to be a nice hunter to learn on because he's pretty straightforward and has a dash, and Neith is supposed to be geared towards new players so she should be good to learn on too. :)

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Distinguished (57)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » February 12, 2015 4:31pm | Report
I can agree with the hunters mentioned as well.

As far as mid laners, Ra's kit is incredibly simple to use, and while he doesn't have an escape he does have passive movement speed whenever he uses an ability.

If you like having good escapes, Chang'e is a great solo laner. Her abilities give you movement speed, she has no real skill shots, she can heal, her Moonlit Waltz provides invulnerability with a relatively low cooldown and her ult is a long stun with damage that can be used for both offense and for escaping.

Supports are generally pretty easy for low level play, but the tankier ones are the easiest. Would recommend Geb, Ymir and Athena because they all can play tank and have good crowd control.

Finally, jungle is probably the hardest role for newcomers. The easiest to play from my experience is probably Arachne at the moment. She only has one skill shot and all you really need to do with her is stick to people, slow them with your web if necessary and finish them off either with your basic attacks or ulti. Her ult can also be used as an escape which is nice for new players.

Good luck! :]
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HammaSmite » February 12, 2015 4:59pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Arachne
Good luck! :]

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TO THE NO! That title belongs to Thanatos TAHNK U VERY MUC
random thanatos main has appeared
    Attack
    Kill Secure
    Run
    Catch

HammaSmite

Remarkable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » February 12, 2015 6:34pm | Report
HammaSmite wrote:

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TO THE NO! That title belongs to Thanatos TAHNK U VERY MUC

Thanatos relies on his scythe skillshot, is extremely squishy which takes adjusting to and falls off late game, all of which are hard to deal with if you're new to the game. He's not HARD, he's just not easy.

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by _angrytoast » February 13, 2015 8:37am | Report
If Thanatos doesn't get 2 or 3 kills in the first 5 minutes of the game he is basically screwed. His teamfight is bad and his ultimate is too gimmicky to be useful all the time.

If you want to play an easy jungler, try Bastet or Thor. Both have good damage and escapes, which means they are pretty forgiving to a new player.

_angrytoast

Memorable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » February 13, 2015 9:09am | Report
_angrytoast wrote:

If you want to play an easy jungler, try Bastet or Thor. Both have good damage and escapes, which means they are pretty forgiving to a new player.

I agree that these are also good options.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 13, 2015 3:00pm | Report
I myself would reccommend every owned beginner god ( Ra Thor Neith Ymir) except Guan Yu as chaac and herc (also a lot of the mages) are better in the solo lane

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » February 18, 2015 9:53am | Report
Guans lategame is really good, that horse just crushes squishies, but as far as easy goes I would recommend playing as Rama or Anhur adc goes cause even with the meta shift they are still strong

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ryansalt » February 18, 2015 5:39pm | Report
Okay well you have a few good answers already but I main hunter so I will give you specific advise for that:

Hunter: Neith - Neith is an extremely safe god to play as. She has good clear using her 1 (and combo with 2 if you don't quite finish them). A heal and AS debuff with her 2 (The debuff hurts other hunters like anhur early... it is like he isn't even attacking) an amazing escape that can go over walls and slows with her 3 and finally one of the best global ultimates in the game that not only helps you confirm your own kills but can set up/finish off kills in other lanes too! That being said she has her negatives 1: She has no steroid :'( 2:Lifesteal makes her 2 irrelevant (except the debuff! use the debuff!!) late game. Her ultimate is also hard to use in a teamfight.

Recommended full build: Devourers Gauntlet, Ninja Tabi, Ichaival, Executioner, Rage, Deathbringer (Sell Ichaival once you hit full build and replace it with Malice)

Tips:
Her ultimate charges up! Unless the enemy is VERY low don't fire it straight away.

Her weaves make good abilities great, try to use them!

Specifically your backflip(3) places a weave and your 1 detonates it for an AOE attack, use this to zone and for awesome damage but be careful about being caught with your 3 on cooldown! (Your other abilities also get extra effects but this is the main one)

Ryansalt

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }