Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Gold Issues

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Gold Issues 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 26, 2013 11:38am | Report
So I just wanted some tips/tricks on farming. I tend to fall behind in farm late early-mid game. Unless I get a **** load of kills in the beginning. I go for the last hit but I feel like I am doing something wrong. I should't be 1000-3000 behind in gold. I am always at the same if not higher levels and it seems to really be bottleneckin me on maxing out my items early. Any suggestions would be awesome. Typically play with adc or bruiser/tank.

Thanks!
Alex
www.twitch.tv/bushwahkhan - Follow :)

IGN:Bushwahkhan - Add me for games :)

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 26, 2013 11:53am | Report
Well they implemented a new mechanic, where if the tower last hits. You get no gold. So generally someone with high push, who can clear a lane easily, is able to get the minions without having to worry about the tower getting them.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 26, 2013 1:34pm | Report
Yea I gotcha on that but even when I am not being pushed under my lane :/
www.twitch.tv/bushwahkhan - Follow :)

IGN:Bushwahkhan - Add me for games :)

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 26, 2013 3:22pm | Report
Are you roaming much?
Like ganking other lanes and stuff :P

The only thing I can say is to last hit as much as possible, and stay in the lane 24/7 just farm like it's Farmeville.
If you are taking a lot of damage and is forced to go back, that is basically a few hundred gold you miss out on. So building sustain is a great way to keep up in farm. ;)

Also you have to take in considerations towerkills, gold furry and stuff (although that hasn't anything to do with you falling behind your own team though).
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 26, 2013 8:40pm | Report
If your playing a tank, you might want to invest in Watchers Gift. The Smitefire description for it is wrong. Basically you get last kill xp and an increase of your gold per 5. Ok it's a +1 increase. But Watchers gift will save you from wasting money on pots due to you getting hurt by going for last kill all the time.

Found it helpful when I played a tank with a good carry in lane with me.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 26, 2013 9:58pm | Report
Oh god, never get watchers. It sucks. It's only good, well, I don't know. But it's not good. Get Midas Boots instead. A much better item.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 26, 2013 10:01pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Oh god, never get watchers. It sucks. It's only good, well, I don't know. But it's not good. Get Midas Boots instead. A much better item.

Watcher's is absolutely amazing in assault. Since you are always with partners, you will get gold for every minion kill ever, plus gp5. It'll pay for itself and the early game for sure. Midas's boots require, what, 1700? 1900? Watcher's is 800, and you don't cripple yourself late game with your build.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 27, 2013 8:12am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Watcher's is absolutely amazing in assault. Since you are always with partners, you will get gold for every minion kill ever, plus gp5. It'll pay for itself and the early game for sure. Midas's boots require, what, 1700? 1900? Watcher's is 800, and you don't cripple yourself late game with your build.

Watchers is also great for conquest if your with a strong Carry or Mage. Due to them killing stuff fast. Watchers should probably be sold somewhere in mid game in Conquest seeing that late mid to late game Watchers will be next to worthless.

Yet it should prove useful almost all the way through assault.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 27, 2013 8:08pm | Report
If you are in lane with a good carry, going for Mark into Midas boots is better as long as you are peeling corecley. And giving your carry kills and you assists (in a 5v5 going Watchers a d Midas is great because you are able to put out a lot ow wards) :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 27, 2013 9:26pm | Report

If you are in lane with a good carry, going for Mark into Midas boots is better as long as you are peeling corecley. And giving your carry kills and you assists (in a 5v5 going Watchers a d Midas is great because you are able to put out a lot ow wards) :P

Yet the only downside of that is the starting gold for the items. It will weaken you early game.

Zerosaviour

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }