Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Freya confusion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Freya confusion 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Valkyrie9mm » April 15, 2013 3:30am | Report
Hi all,

New to the forums, and the game, and having never played LoL/moba's before, so there's plenty I'm trying to pick up!

I've already bought the God Pack, and my personal favourite after trying most is Freya, however, I'm having some issues trying to find a good build for her, as there seems to be so many ways of building her.

I tried a build yesterday that was a split physical and magical build, with the physical items being for attack speed and crit. Throughout the game I had a guy raging at me that Freya was a mage and I should only be going magical. I got the usual 'noob' shouts etc. I can't even say whether the build was good or not as the whole team got crushed and never got chance to build anything fully!

I've seen other guides that are purely magical, which seems to make the most sense to me, with Freya being magical and all, but it does seem like she is lacking in attack speed. Then I've seen builds that are fully physical power, attack speed, and crit, and the explanation being that the increase in number of hits per pulse/irradiate, offsets/outweighs the gain you would get from stacking magic.

I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me, as I really don't know how to start building Freya to begin mastering her.

Thanks,
Valk

Valkyrie9mm

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MechaBowser » April 15, 2013 3:42am | Report
I'm new to the forums as well, but I've been playing the game for a pretty long time (I hit 30 about five months ago), so I thought I'd give some input.

First of all, a hybrid build on Freya is never a bad idea, but it should come with a huge asterisk. While she does benefit from boosted attack speed, and a little physical damage is always useful, you have to keep in mind that at heart she does simply have a higher damage output from magic damage items. Essentially, because of her passive, for every point of magic damage you build on her, you're adding 1.2 total damage to her build. Building her straight physical is plausible, but even bad builds can work out given the right circumstances.

I would suggest going with a magic based build with attack speed to supplement it; usually, you should take either demonic grip OR fatalis. As a cheaper item, fatalis might be a better choice if you're doing poorly, because you'll benefit from it earlier, but demonic grip will give you more base damage if you're already winning your lane. Otherwise, gem of isolation and rod of tahuti are pretty much core on her. When you reach the point where penetration becomes necessary, spear of the magus is usually your best best, because she hits with more abilities (technically) than other mages, and you'll proc the full penetration pretty quickly. From there on should be situational, but more damage is usually the most effective.

At heart, she can afford to give up a slot to attack speed because she technically recieves more damage from every magic damage item than other mages. Two slots or more, though, can be too big of a hit to playing her effectively, because you're either sacrificing damage or penetration on a god designed to output as much damage as possible.

MechaBowser

Notable (1)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 15, 2013 6:00am | Report
There are way to many good builds for freya to just say that one build is right, the other is wrong. You should try it yourself, Freya is the hybrid god. There are also some quite good combinations of magical and physical items (demonic grip)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 15, 2013 8:11am | Report
I'm working on a video guide just for freya, talking about how the pro players build her and why.

I mean I got ponpon to explain everything to me and even some other players :p

so I've got you coverd
if you need anything just PM or ask me when I'm streaming here

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Valkyrie9mm » April 15, 2013 8:14am | Report
Thanks for the replies, will have to have a play with a couple of builds, it's just difficult to do so in game when you have to perform so as to not let your team down.

I had already tried Fatalis, and did like it. I think the mistake I made was taking it 2nd after Boots of Celerity first. It felt like I was never doing enough damage even though I was attacking and moving really quickly!

Am thinking Doom Orb, Fatalis, Gem of Iso, Rod of Tah, Spear of Magus and Pythag's Piece might be my first attempt?

It's certainly difficult to pick situational items when you're still learning what both items and enemies are capable of!

Cheers,
Valk

Edit: @Animusliberus, I shall keep on the look out for that, cheers :)

Valkyrie9mm

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 15, 2013 8:15am | Report
Valkyrie9mm wrote:

Am thinking Doom Orb, Fatalis, Gem of Iso, Rod of Tah, Spear of Magus and Pythag's Piece might be my first attempt?

Plz dont do that Q.Q

just wait till my vid, everything will work out XD

EDIT: sorry a bit hars....

but no boots = dead freya,
Doom orb = 1 dead is GG
and then you get your pen too late and not the right item XD

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » April 15, 2013 9:10am | Report
Well since you are new to the game I will tell you this, this goes for certain gods.

When it comes to attack speed Vs Damage Never go full attack speed unless you have a certain idea in mind or want to test some crazy idea out.

I'll keep it simple

If you have more attack speed but less damage then you will have to hit more of your attacks to make up for it.

If you have more damage then you will only have to make sure your hitting them a few times.

Lets put it this way, if you miss your shots all the time then you might as well build some attack speed, if you can hit all your shots might as well just get damage.

Attack speed works well if you mix it with damaage but if you go full attack speed you will have to land way more shots then you would if you built full damage.

Depends on what gods you pick and what ideas you have.
For example what if someone came up with a idea to build zeus with some attack speed instead since he applies charges to you? since zeus basic attack is not ment for damage he would benefit from having attacks speed so he can apply more charges quicker/easier

depends on how crazy your ideas get

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » April 15, 2013 9:17am | Report
ICEN wrote:
For example what if someone came up with a idea to build zeus with some attack speed instead since he applies charges to you? since zeus basic attack is not ment for damage he would benefit from having attacks speed so he can apply more charges quicker/easier

Woah woah woah woah!! That's a pretty decent idea, although when to build that in!!!!! =D

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Animusliberus » April 15, 2013 9:19am | Report
RevanClaw wrote:

Woah woah woah woah!! That's a pretty decent idea, although when to build that in!!!!! =D

thats what demonic grip is for
and if you're behind and want to do this, Fatalis Q.Q

Animusliberus
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (93)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Valkyrie9mm » April 15, 2013 11:46am | Report

Plz dont do that Q.Q

just wait till my vid, everything will work out XD

EDIT: sorry a bit hars....

but no boots = dead freya,
Doom orb = 1 dead is GG
and then you get your pen too late and not the right item XD

No worries, kind of expected a reply like that lol. There's so many items to pick from!

I am looking forward to your vid indeed. In the meantime I'll switch out Doom Orb for the Magi Boots. Or...looking at another build that seems all magic damage, Spear-Boots-Rod-Bancroft-Polynom-Obs Shard.

Gotta give something a bash tonight!

Cheers,
Valk

Valkyrie9mm

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }