Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Few questions...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Few questions... 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by qloudd » August 5, 2013 2:25pm | Report
I am a new player to Smite and I have a few questions about it.
1. Which gods are recommended for new comers?

2. Do last hits on minions affect the amount of gold you will get? (Because when I noticed on streams when they stand close to minions, they get gold). If you last hit them, do you get more gold?

3. Recommended roles for new comers?

4. Is this game competitive? (tourny/scrims/etc).

qloudd

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 5, 2013 2:27pm | Report
1) The free gods are in general easy to play. Ra, Ymir, Loki, and Artemis are all easy and good at their own role.

2) Yes. If a minion is not killed by you, you get 2/3 of the gold you'd get if you last hit.

3) Mage, Tank, and Ranged ADC are all fairly simple. Assassin/Jungler is harder.

4) Yes. But tournaments are usually limited to teams. There is a ranked queue as well, though.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 5, 2013 4:14pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

1) The free gods are in general easy to play. Ra, Ymir, Loki, and Artemis are all easy and good at their own role.

2) Yes. If a minion is not killed by you, you get 2/3 of the gold you'd get if you last hit.

3) Mage, Tank, and Ranged ADC are all fairly simple. Assassin/Jungler is harder.

4) Yes. But tournaments are usually limited to teams. There is a ranked queue as well, though.

In I understand you Main loki and all but for new players he is very difficult to play and... No offence but they all suck. It's true but it is because they are inexpierenced so no one can blame them for it is because we all sucked when we began.

Loki's need to have a lot of knolege of the god and the game to play him effectively and new player's just don't have that. Loki's need to very carefull because sneezing could kill loki, that is how squishy he is. When I smurfed (I only played support tanks like guan or ares so that I could kill any other smurf's but can protect my team) to learn a friend the game loki was in the free rotation, and this is how it goes.

Loki other enemy- me and my friend(apollo). Me and my friend remaind close to tower, loki comes running in and jumps on... Wait for it me the super tanky tank while under my tower. I asked my friend every time a loki did that" pleas put it out of it's missery" and just laughed not even touching him.

All low level loki's play him because they got facerolled upon by a loki in arena, I am sure any Smite player remebers that time of their smite carrir.
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 5, 2013 4:21pm | Report
All4Games wrote:

In I understand you Main loki and all but for new players he is very difficult to play and... No offence but they all suck. It's true but it is because they are inexpierenced so no one can blame them for it is because we all sucked when we began.

Loki's need to have a lot of knolege of the god and the game to play him effectively and new player's just don't have that. Loki's need to very carefull because sneezing could kill loki, that is how squishy he is. When I smurfed (I only played support tanks like guan or ares so that I could kill any other smurf's but can protect my team) to learn a friend the game loki was in the free rotation, and this is how it goes.

Loki other enemy- me and my friend(apollo). Me and my friend remaind close to tower, loki comes running in and jumps on... Wait for it me the super tanky tank while under my tower. I asked my friend every time a loki did that" pleas put it out of it's missery" and just laughed not even touching him.

All low level loki's play him because they got facerolled upon by a loki in arena, I am sure any Smite player remebers that time of their smite carrir.

I main a lot of gods, sir, and considering his skillset, they're all VERY straightforward. He's one of the easiest assassins to perform well on imo, because the other ones are simple but bad if you don't know what you're doing. Loki is literally stealth, hit someone hard, and run away. No other god in the game has a stealth.

Additionally, you literally just ruled out one god without offering any advice whatsoever in the thread. But again, at least you offered your opinion on Loki. I just completely disagree, especially in Arena or any non-conquest mode. In conquest, it's literally just be careful, and go in to one shot someone. He's a left-click-hold-wonder. No abilities to manage or set up a rotation, just pop everything and hold the button down.

We're assuming this guy is inexperienced, not stupid. You aren't going to rush into a 1v2 when everyone is at full health.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 5, 2013 5:35pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

I main a lot of gods, sir, and considering his skillset, they're all VERY straightforward. He's one of the easiest assassins to perform well on imo, because the other ones are simple but bad if you don't know what you're doing. Loki is literally stealth, hit someone hard, and run away. No other god in the game has a stealth.

Additionally, you literally just ruled out one god without offering any advice whatsoever in the thread. But again, at least you offered your opinion on Loki. I just completely disagree, especially in Arena or any non-conquest mode. In conquest, it's literally just be careful, and go in to one shot someone. He's a left-click-hold-wonder. No abilities to manage or set up a rotation, just pop everything and hold the button down.

We're assuming this guy is inexperienced, not stupid. You aren't going to rush into a 1v2 when everyone is at full health.

Sorry for not giving more advise I will in the next post. But there are a lot of stupid people in smite and that doesn't have anything to do with levels and people do actually full ****** runs me in daily games on my normal account especially with loki.

Maybe you have a different expierence with them but I usually see loki's as a free kill in the first 5 minute's of the game because than most do something stupid though I do know some very good loki players for example one of my friends has mastery level 10 on him and can win 2v1 lanes with ease.

My opinion wait till you are expierenced in the game and the assassin class before you start playing loki.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 5, 2013 8:05pm | Report
Loki is pretty hard for new comers. They will just vanish in front or very near. They MIGHT get some kills because enemy's don't know their skills

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 6, 2013 1:23am | Report
qloudd wrote:

I am a new player to Smite and I have a few questions about it.
1. Which gods are recommended for new comers?

2. Do last hits on minions affect the amount of gold you will get? (Because when I noticed on streams when they stand close to minions, they get gold). If you last hit them, do you get more gold?

3. Recommended roles for new comers?

4. Is this game competitive? (tourny/scrims/etc).

1 ranged ad carries, tanks, support and mages. It is probebly best If you hold of with the assassins but If you want to you defenetly can but you should ask for help on the forums, the best advise is hit your basic attacks, play a bit carfull but go very aggresive If you and you lane parter can kill or wound an enemy.

2 you get a bit of gold and exp from standing near the minions but you get more for last hitting them but don't do this If you are a tank and let the Carry, assassin or mage do it unless they can't get to the last hit then do. Also If you are an assassin you are very puniseble so be carefull when last hitting.

3 oops I switched the 1 with the 3. Just see this as an awnsere to your first question and vise versa

Since I don't know what Role you like I will just call a few from every class.

Mages ra, ao kuang aka mr.wigglez, Anubis If you can hit his 2, hebo but test him out in practise mode before you go concuesting with him to see If you like him. Though most mages
Are fine but test them out before you go play them for real but this is something you need to do with any god.

Support aprodite is pretty easy If you ult at the right Time and use you one and 2 effectively for the rest it is just spamming your 3.

Ad carry xbal, cupid and neith.
Xbal has an ez to land combo but don't reclessly use your 1 unless you want a kill.
Cupid can heal, deal a fine bit of damage and a huge AOE ult.
Neith has just a lot of use and is fun to play for new players but remeber your passive and that you cab charges your ult for more damage.

Tank ymir, sobek, hades, guan yu are all strong and not hard
To use.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 6, 2013 1:38am | Report
All4Games wrote:

1 ranged ad carries, tanks, support and mages. It is probebly best If you hold of with the assassins but If you want to you defenetly can but you should ask for help on the forums, the best advise is hit your basic attacks, play a bit carfull but go very aggresive If you and you lane parter can kill or wound an enemy.

2 you get a bit of gold and exp from standing near the minions but you get more for last hitting them but don't do this If you are a tank and let the Carry, assassin or mage do it unless they can't get to the last hit then do. Also If you are an assassin you are very puniseble so be carefull when last hitting.

3 oops I switched the 1 with the 3. Just see this as an awnsere to your first question and vise versa

Since I don't know what Role you like I will just call a few from every class.

Mages ra, ao kuang aka mr.wigglez, Anubis If you can hit his 2, hebo but test him out in practise mode before you go concuesting with him to see If you like him. Though most mages
Are fine but test them out before you go play them for real but this is something you need to do with any god.

Support aprodite is pretty easy If you ult at the right Time and use you one and 2 effectively for the rest it is just spamming your 3.

Ad carry xbal, cupid and neith.
Xbal has an ez to land combo but don't reclessly use your 1 unless you want a kill.
Cupid can heal, deal a fine bit of damage and a huge AOE ult.
Neith has just a lot of use and is fun to play for new players but remeber your passive and that you cab charges your ult for more damage.

Tank ymir, sobek, hades, guan yu are all strong and not hard
To use.

He Bo is definitely not for beginners with how quick his abilities are and how squishy he is with 0 escape. Xbal is easy to land but very difficult to use even averagely. Cupid's passive management is annoying. Hades's passive may be odd for beginners.

Otherwise, I agree. Neith is an exceptionally safe ADC to start with, Ymir/Sobek are both very easy to use tanks that are pretty hard to mess up so badly that you're the reason your team loses. I agree with the rest of the mages, except perhaps Anubis, AKA the squishiest god in the entire game. He may be easy to use but he's easier to kill, resulting in a beginner ending up in the downward spiral of rage as his deaths stacks up.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 6, 2013 4:32am | Report
Start with Supports/Tanks that way you will learn what the different gods you go up against can do and you learn what to do against it.

It is easier for a supportplayer to learn the game because he doesn't have to be 100 percent focused on himself (as a new player you will probably die really often if you stop paying attention your health etc while playing a squishy god).

Ymir, Sobek Hades are pretty easy gods to learn.

That's at least my advise ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 6, 2013 6:24am | Report
Raventhor wrote:

He Bo is definitely not for beginners with how quick his abilities are and how squishy he is with 0 escape. Xbal is easy to land but very difficult to use even averagely. Cupid's passive management is annoying. Hades's passive may be odd for beginners.

Otherwise, I agree. Neith is an exceptionally safe ADC to start with, Ymir/Sobek are both very easy to use tanks that are pretty hard to mess up so badly that you're the reason your team loses. I agree with the rest of the mages, except perhaps Anubis, AKA the squishiest god in the entire game. He may be easy to use but he's easier to kill, resulting in a beginner ending up in the downward spiral of rage as his deaths stacks up.

i found hebo to be pretty easy when i started. maybe that is just me, but actually for anyone who starts playing smite it's kind of play what every you like and what you are conftreble with, what i mean is that there are gods who are easy for some and hard for other's.

example i can't play agni i just don't understand him... well i do but i just dislike him. but a friend of mine is awesome with him.
it is really just looking for what god do you think you like and learn them.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }