Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Different skins before locking in

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Different skins before locking in 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mordo » February 21, 2014 8:59am | Report
I have seen several people who pick their god such as Anhur but then come up in the buyable skins rather than the bog-standard one and they have not locked in, I have tried loads of things that i can think of but never found how to do this,,, any help?

Mordo

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 21, 2014 9:09am | Report
I do not know either, please let me know if you find an answer. From my experience, I have to start with the normal skin, and once I choose the god, then change my skin.

There's either a way that I'm bugged with, or to choose, an auto-selected skin for a god. That is, say you lock in Poseidon and you have poolseidon. When you choose the god, his default selection is the Poolseidon, not his normal skin. I cannot figure out how to modify this. But this is why you see people with skins before they lock in.

Let me know if you find an answer.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » February 21, 2014 9:42am | Report
Perhaps it's a 'most used' situation? If you use skin 1 more than skin 2, it will automatically select the most used.

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » February 21, 2014 9:49am | Report
Doubt it. I've had both Ra skins (free and alienware) since I started the game, and it still chooses classic Ra.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sunfall » February 21, 2014 10:12am | Report
It's a weird bug. I use Northern Lights Freya and the skin select sticks to that, yet it will not do the same for Amethyst Nu Wa and I have to select it every time.

People have been bugging HiRez about this for months, but I'm guessing it's just low on their list of priorities at the moment.
Waiting on a good new MOBA, please.

Sunfall
<Veteran>

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 15, 2014 11:25pm | Report
I found this out recently, when you play a ranked as a character with a skin on then it will lock the skin and automatically assign it to your god for the next games you play the god.

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » March 16, 2014 5:52am | Report
Got it too, I used to start with golden bastet, but after the update it changed to normal...

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Demolibium » March 16, 2014 7:14am | Report
I think first you need to go to the gods menu outside gameplay, and select your defualt skin by just clicking on it and it should automatically select it. I dont play rank so i dont think that works. Give it a try, maybe if it works?
Signature made by me ofcourse :P
And here is my dear Signature Shoppe
Check out these guides which i adore:-
Fenrir Guide by DarkJaw
Anubis guide also by DarkJaw
Sobek guide also by DarkJaw
Agni guide by Nimec
Vulcan guide by Jordenito
Skype- vidit.agarwal97 (do not make fun this is my name =.=)

Demolibium

Prominent (32)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Strikerjacob » March 16, 2014 10:08am | Report
Demolibium wrote:

I think first you need to go to the gods menu outside gameplay, and select your defualt skin by just clicking on it and it should automatically select it. I dont play rank so i dont think that works. Give it a try, maybe if it works?

Your way doesn't work, as I would have noticed it before but my way definitely works.

Strikerjacob

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }