Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Conquest Bastet: Where?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Conquest Bastet: Where? 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hurlu » April 25, 2013 6:51am | Report
Hi,I'm a new player to Smite ( freshly lvl 9 ) , and after testing characters I buyed Bastet , that worked well for me in Arena and that I like very much as a god ( Pounce *.* )
But i can't do Arena all day, and with a friend , i tried to do a duolane .
Total failure, we went feeding as f*ck because of 2 ranged ennemies harrass and couldn't do a thing.

So i have to ask : At which lane and how do you play Bastet in Conquest ?

Hurlu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 25, 2013 6:59am | Report
Try to lane left of right lane. Also, remember to just press 2, then go ultimate at a squishy and a kill is guaranteed at 5 level. Lane with someone that has CCs. Try to be careful of other people's CCs.
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by mellojoe » April 25, 2013 9:13am | Report
Bastet is a poke-poke assassin. You arn't going to be going toe-to-toe with heavy hitters like Sun Wukong, Apollo, etc. Your job is to pounce in, poke, pounce out. Cat claws for bleed when possible, but don't stick around and take damage. The Ult is OK, but not as predictible as I'd like. You need to target someone with a bleed THEN pop the cats.

A better use for cats? Tank Gold fury and/or towers. Pop them, attack, and let them take damage for you. Her attack speed can get pretty high naturally, so build high damage to take advantage of it. You are squishy, so learn the art of running away. Run away, run away, run away, turn and pounce for as much damage as possible, then turn and run away some more.

She's as squishy as Loki, but without the huge burst damage that he can do. Thor can do about the same damage, but is much much less fragile. And since she has very little in the way of crowd control (stuns, pulls, etc), you have to rely on someone else to handle those duties for you, and then capitalize on them when they DO stun an enemy.

mellojoe

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Hurlu » April 25, 2013 9:59am | Report
Thanks for the answers :-)
So, any CC doer like Cupid or Hades will be good with her , right ?
And, to poke regularly with her, do i need to grab blue buff to spam Pounce/Razor Claws/Pounce ?Or just meditation + tons of mana pots ?

Hurlu

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 25, 2013 10:04am | Report
Hurlu wrote:

Thanks for the answers :-)
So, any CC doer like Cupid or Hades will be good with her , right ?
And, to poke regularly with her, do i need to grab blue buff to spam Pounce/Razor Claws/Pounce ?Or just meditation + tons of mana pots ?

Cupid is a physical carry, I would rather go with a tank like Ymir, Sobek or Bacchus

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » April 25, 2013 10:23am | Report
You're the only guy that happened to mention Bacchus!
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 25, 2013 11:23am | Report
Ragingstorm wrote:

You're the only guy that happened to mention Bacchus!

Bacchus is to good to not be mentioned

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » April 26, 2013 7:18am | Report
Easiest way : Stop playing Bastet -> Start playing Kali / Wukong

Hard way : Just play on with Bastet, as you mentioned you are level 9 so your game knowledge etc. is still in development. Read some guides and if you still suck after playing 50 games with her, THEN come back and ask someone for mentoring.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » April 26, 2013 7:27am | Report
Silv3rX wrote:

Easiest way : Stop playing Bastet -> Start playing Kali / Wukong

Hard way : Just play on with Bastet, as you mentioned you are level 9 so your game knowledge etc. is still in development. Read some guides and if you still suck after playing 50 games with her, THEN come back and ask someone for mentoring.

Gotta disagree, the answer to everything is not playing monkey or kali, just play the god that you like. The key to be a good Bastet is utilizing her escape and kit as if for lane, just go left/right and get a starting buff

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » April 26, 2013 7:30am | Report
Actually I'm right.
The easiest way not to have problems playing bastet is not playing bastet at all.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }