Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Beginning Conquest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Beginning Conquest 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GhostHydra » December 4, 2016 11:27am | Report
https://docs.google.com/presentation/u/1/d/19mbPqQLvRcf9DeK_p76HroLe0Yz9V7zf-XjEk0WdDkk/edit#slide=id.p

This may not be the most accurate, but I hope it helps new players out. I'd really appreciate if you gave me feedback on how you played after taking advice from this. Thank you in advance!

GhostHydra

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » December 4, 2016 2:28pm | Report
I like the presentation style of your writeup, thanks for sharing.

Would point out one inaccuracy, which is in the minion section. You say 8 minions spawn, but it's actually 6...3 melee and 3 archer.

Also, minor preference, but I would use some of the most common gods as example pictures... For support for example, you have both Cabrakan and Xing Tian, both of which are rarely seen in that role these days...

Finally, your description of the camps reads a bit weird... And it doesn't seem that you mention the mid camps.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bullfrog323 » December 5, 2016 8:06am | Report
Yeah, I found it odd when I read it.
I was like, "how did I miss that there are 8 minions and not 6 ?"

Also, I would say like Bran, since this guide is aimed toward new players (or players new to Conquest, like me, at least), maybe you should suggest some "safer" gods for each role.

I would also do that for
- starter items: adding Bumba's Mask
- relics: adding Purification and removing Meditation)

Next, here are some mistakes or typos I found :

- In the the Gold Fury text. it's not 1000g for each player, it's 300g. For a total of 1500g for the whole team (in a usual Conquest mode).
- In the Enemy gods text, "Support/AMC" should be "Support/ADC".

Bullfrog323

Prominent (27)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GhostHydra » December 9, 2016 6:04am | Report
Alright, thank you for the help!

GhostHydra

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ingonzowetrust » January 10, 2017 8:29am | Report
Just wanted to let you know that I am a knew player coming from Heroes of the Storm. I have a decent grasp of how to play but had so many questions regarding the differences of roles, benefits of camps and such. I think this article was a great read and already recommended it to a couple of my buddies who are just starting out.

ingonzowetrust

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by OhHolyDuck » February 15, 2017 7:10am | Report
I just made a quick video of some Conquest gameplay for the newly released (for PS4/Xbone) season 4. I try my best to walk through all the changes they made to the map. Also uploading a Clash gameplay, to show off that new map.

Check out the Conquest video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShWUnTcUDls

OhHolyDuck

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Cupid4lyf » July 11, 2017 9:41am | Report
I quite like it thanks for this guide ^_^
Cupid4lyf

Cupid4lyf

View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }