Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Arena assassin suggestions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Arena assassin suggestions 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 22, 2016 4:32pm | Report
Hmmm...well, firstly, thanks for the compliment, Limbaugh!

Sounds like you like gods with high burst. If you're stuck on assassins, which ones have you tried?

It's a different experience, but Bastet can do the get-in get-out thing with her Pounce, while you're trying to unload as much damage as possible before you jump back (and not get caught by CC to lock you down!).

Thanatos will often go to secure a kill with his ult (so build CC if you want to do that a lot), and his problem then is getting back out alive (so you'll trigger your Scent of Death for the additional move speed).

I don't know...maybe also try Serqet? She's got a lot of burst, and multiple escape options.

I don't know about you, but these situations make me sweat. I guess some people like the adrenaline pumping!

Edit: Oh, and I know she's not an assassin, but I find Freya to be extremely active in Arena. It's not as much in/out, but it's a frantic boxing match with lots of juking/movement where you try to kill the enemy before they kill you...and then being able to pop her ult just before you die and burst them or others down. Check out my guide for her, and maybe see some of the videos I've posted...perhaps some of the quick snippets in the Ability Combos section?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 22, 2016 4:59pm | Report
Ohhh...and hmmm...you asked about gods that complement Loki. Sorry, missed that at first. I'd probably say if you've got Loki on your team, you probably don't want yet another god that does the same thing. Otherwise, you've got 2 gods on your team that are going to be contributing to a fight only part of the time, and that can hurt your team's overall teamfight potential. I'm sure there are exceptions, but balance on a team can be important.

Well, gods that can complement...I'd say any god that has a lot of CC and "presence," meaning enemies are always aware of them, because they're really disruptive. This can be anything from guardians like Bacchus and Kumbhakarna to gods with unique abilities, like Xbalanque's ult, which makes it a perfect time for Loki to perform a gank. Mainly, you want the enemy's initial attention on everybody BUT Loki.

Hope this helps!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Limbaugh » June 22, 2016 5:04pm | Report
Branmuffin17! You are the man and your guides have made this game much more enjoyable for my family and friends.

So yes, I love my burst, we like to pick a couple of targets attempt to gank and run like Heck. Had fun with Thor,Skadi,and Fenrir but they just don't provide that adrenaline pumping action like Loki.

Thanks for the Freya tip will try her out again tonight. Serqet sounds interesting as well.

Limbaugh

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 27, 2016 3:37pm | Report
@Limbaugh oops, didn't see this reply until right now.

Yeah, Fenrir might be the closest to that of those you've tried. Oh, duh, forgot... Ao Kuang. Have you tried him? Depending on how you play him, you'll try to sort of sneak like you do with Loki, and burst them down quick enough with your Dragon Call and Wild Storm until they're in execute range...which is also your best getaway other than your Water Illusion. Since he's magical, you can choose him and maintain magical/physical balance between the two of you.

Just make sure not to cross streams and go after the same enemy, if you play as this pair. Try a backdoor 100-0 with two squishies hiding behind their tankier teammates =) Make sure you contribute to the team as much as possible when you're not going for a kill...keep waves at bay with Loki's Decoy, use Ao Kuang's Wild Storm to help clear waves or poke when an enemy is tied up with others, and you can always try to bait abilities out by running into the middle of the enemy team and then using your Water Illusion to quickly escape...that's risky, but can be a great setup for your own team to attack.

You didn't mention Bastet...have you tried her?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Diomedes232 » September 1, 2016 8:55am | Report
I personally really enjoy awilix on arena as she has great mobility damage boxing potential and she is also a really high skill ceiling character with the immunity frames you get on her 2 as well as hard countering a lot of commonly seen picks like anyone with a jump.

Diomedes232

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }