Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Anhur Or Apollo ??

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Anhur Or Apollo ?? 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by I3igz » November 18, 2013 10:24am | Report
Hi i Have finally 5500f and i wanted to buy a carry type class and i can not choose between apollo and anhur

I3igz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » November 18, 2013 10:30am | Report
Wow a very hard choice, both are really good. Anhur is more difficult as you need to be a Impale master. Apollo is over much more easier as he has 3 ways to escape which are not hard to use and his bread and butter skill is easy to use.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 18, 2013 11:20am | Report
Anhur all day, man. I do not consider Apollo as a carry, I mean simply look at him..
The way Anhur works is great too, it's oldschool, you activate your shiftin' sands into impale, then follow up with 2-3 auto attacks and then ult them do death. If you can impale them, they are deadsauce. You can of course jump over walls with his disperse, so it's basically even easier to engage or flee from a fight. Anhur all day, if you ask me.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fooplette » November 18, 2013 11:58am | Report
I'm better with Apollo personally

Fooplette

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 18, 2013 12:18pm | Report
I prefer Anhur. But it's because he was the first carry I really liked. I also love Egyptian Myths. But anyway.

Apollo has been contested as the best carry of the game. Why? Split push. He is the Split push master. And as so, he has global presence. Sadly, Anhur does not have that. Instead, Anhur is the strongest Carry Power-wise.

There is also Neith. That means the best ADCs are: Apollo, Neith and Anhur, respectively.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 18, 2013 12:21pm | Report
If you want nothing but pure damage, pick Artemis.

If you like global presence, pick Apollo.

If you want the strongest basic attacks in the game, pick Anhur.

If you like sustain and a lot of CC, as well as some limited global presence, pick Neith.

If you want to be incredibly annoying and mobile with a lot of soft CC and sustain, pick Ah Muzen Cab.

I'm afraid poor Cupid's left in the dust.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Silv3rX » November 18, 2013 1:16pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

If you want nothing but pure damage, pick Artemis.

This is definitly not true, Anhur does way more damage than Artemis in every kind of situation and way, Artemis got more cc than anhur which he compensates with his damage and this is why I would consider Anhur as the powerhouse and Artemis as a kinda cc adc.

Subzero008 wrote:

If you like global presence, pick Apollo.

Yep.

Subzero008 wrote:

If you want the strongest basic attacks in the game, pick Anhur.

Yep.

Subzero008 wrote:

If you like sustain and a lot of CC, as well as some limited global presence, pick Neith.

Neith is one of the best adcs right now in my opinion, since her backflip can get her out of any situation IN LANE. This is quite important, since you cant jump over walls with it. Her ult is a freakin pain in the arse and she is one of the easiest adcs to play.

Subzero008 wrote:

If you want to be incredibly annoying and mobile with a lot of soft CC and sustain, pick Ah Muzen Cab.

AMC is basically a CC adc. You poke the target low and then finish them with your ult which is then ready again when you pick it up, it is insane. I think that making him an adc was a horrible idea, he is a lane bully with high sustain and cc which is impossible to compensate for with another god.

Subzero008 wrote:

I'm afraid poor Cupid's left in the dust.

Cupid isn't the best adc, but his engages and his overall kit made him one of the most viable adcs back in the days, and even now he is my god of choice in a ymir lane, since his cc combined with ymirs is incredible. His engage is basically a one burst Ult-Fly-Arrow combo which shuts down enemy laners completly. He is fun to play, but doesn't stand a chance against other adcs if you aren't a regular cupid player.
The Moba King

Silv3rX
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (53)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by I3igz » November 19, 2013 7:35am | Report
Thanks guys i think i gonna pick anhur :D

I3igz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 19, 2013 7:53am | Report
Okay.

Best carry overall: Neith. Not only high CC for a hunter, but her ultimate can secure a kill every time it's fired, if used correctly.

Next best carry: Apollo. If you can get this guy into late game, it's GG. His ultimate gives him a constant global presence, and can seem to be everywhere at once. Can also hit a DPS level higher than even Anhur if given enough time.

Third best carry: Anhur. Best early game of the three; in fact, best when it comes to laning. His abilities are all better than Neith's (though not by a lot, and except her ult) and Apollo's.
Pick him if you're going for a kill lane - a lot of kills early on, to shut down the enemy duo and get your carry fed. Doing this will hurt your lategame by not picking Apollo, and cut down on other kills by not picking Neith, though, so be careful for when you pick it.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » November 20, 2013 3:39am | Report
Anhur - has the most base damage and if I remember his basic attacks are slower than everyone else. Anhur's ult is almost useless if you do not stun, there are exceptions like if you ult them super close or while they are cc'd. Anhurs pillar + stun combo is not easy for new players to do, and I don't ever recall being hit by that combo in a real match. I may have got stunned on the pillar after it has been placed for a few seconds but I never remember getting that combo legit done on me from someone good which means for the majority of people they won't be doing that combo in a real game with ease.
* Impaling is good and bad, team mates will be pissed if you impale them away to saftey.
* Anhur has a good wave clear once you put points into his impale
* Basically impale stun into his ult is what Anhur is about.

Apollo - If you like not dying and being a slippery soap bar you can play apollo.
He has a skill shot just like neith, anhur and cupid but it doesn't have effects like they do.
He has a dash that knocks people around, on top of that has a memorize which is basically a free stun. So already he is annoying to get ahold of because he can stun and dash keeping you off or away from him. His ult is another get away trick
* Passive allows for fast crits
* slippery escape artist
* can help team mates with his ult and even ult to the minitar to finish it off.

Cupid - I refuse to play a god that poops in his own pants

Artemis - I don't play with female gods

Xbalanque - he has 1v2 potential because of his AOE's. Unlike the other carries he has AOE skills that have a decent radius. He has a dash that makes him CC Immune that means free beads. Every kill you get just makes you even stronger than what you already are from killing people. His ult is just an escape tool or mainly used when someone is in danger or a fight breaks out. Basic attacks can hit multiple people with his 1.
* CC immunity during his dash that is pretty insane, you can get out of ults with this
* AOE damage making people respect your space
* can steam roll if you get your passive up early
* AOE makes him able to 1v2 and fight multiple targets in team fights.

Neith - Again I don't like female gods.

Bee Man - lets not bring memories back

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }