Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Trying to come back to Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Trying to come back to Smite 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mr Game and Watch » February 10, 2015 5:12pm | Report
IGN: xDjej
Level: 28
I need help with: general mechanics, roles, jungle, current metagame and pretty much everything.

I used to play a lot about a year ago, then suddenly stopped until now. Somehow i quickly reached lvl 26 back then, i played only as midlaner mage with Scylla or Anubis, killed a lot and had fun with that, but never really understood the game mechanics, never dared to play any other role.

Now i just decided to come back to Smite and i found myself on a very different game with a totally new meta, lots of new gods and being matched with players who play better than me.

I came from Dota 2, so there are lots of things im still doing really wrong on Smite.

What i think is i need some real Smite player to teach me the basics from the start and try to forget about Dota 2 strategies.

Also, it would be great for me to find my main role, i have lots of favor and i dont know how to spend it.

Mr Game and Watch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 11, 2015 7:59am | Report
and you know what only the people who have played on the pts can help you as Season 2 came out (for me today) so we all need too see a lot of the changes. Also if you get DotA 2 mechanics then you have most of smite allready as dota has similar (and more mechanis) then smite

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mr Game and Watch » February 12, 2015 6:58pm | Report
Actually, Lol has a lot more in common with Smite than Dota, i think (even if i've never played Lol in my life).
When you play mid laner in Dota, you are expected to be the main roamer-ganker in your team. Also, junglers are very very very different in Dota. So Dota has some similar mechanics, but there's still so much stuff i have to learn.

Mr Game and Watch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 13, 2015 2:57pm | Report
yeah but what it is with dota and LoL they are quite similar too but normally players who come from LoL and go to DotA have bigger problems then dota players coming to LoL. the mid isn't the main roamer but mid also rotates a lot in this game (when it's possible as sometimes it's more a rotate to the midlane).

I would like to refer you too the official mentoring page too as with the last update CQ changed a lot and I'm primarily a assault player atm. I would recommend green the most as he has played S2 on the test servers.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mr Game and Watch » February 14, 2015 5:25am | Report
Btw, i suppose you are a Hun Batz player. I've just discovered him, so, is there any good guide or item build you would suggest me?

Also, id love to have a jungling guide, because when i jungle, i find myself just wandering around the map and underleveled. Also, wich buffs to pick, when to do buff camps, when to do gold fury, when to expect the enemy to do goldfury and overall jungle timing.

Mr Game and Watch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 14, 2015 6:33pm | Report
you should look up these guides junglers handbook and [ulr=https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/hun-batz-jungling-at-home-4047] hun batz guide[/url]. but with the changes I left jungling and supporting because they changed a bit.

you should try to gank if its possible otherwise farm the jungler drop mana for solo and drop speed for yourself and red for mid. the nicest way to jungle is to keep your camps on timers as much as possible (and take mid harpies when possible both is great but not always possible)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mr Game and Watch » February 15, 2015 5:54pm | Report
Whoah, this guide really made understand this god, seriously, that item build has been working nicely so far.
I have to improve my jungling a lot, but those guides helped a lot.

Mr Game and Watch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 16, 2015 7:50am | Report
no problem jungling is hard but can be fun to do (also counter jungling makes jungling even more fun)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Mr Game and Watch » February 17, 2015 4:49am | Report
My biggest problem in jungle: whole early game roaming and getting underleveled because most of the time its just me wandering from one lane to another trying to gank. Even when i get some kills, im still a bit below the rest of the match on level.

Mr Game and Watch

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 17, 2015 6:50am | Report
my tip to you is if you are roaming to take a camp you pass if you think you can clear it fast enough. HoG 2 is usefull for this as you can clear a camp every 45 sec really fast. also mid furies can be more important then a gank and sometimes taking an enemy camp can be usefull too (HoG up really recommended and then a buff camp)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }