Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New To MOBA Type Games and lvl 30 in Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » New To MOBA Type Games and lvl 30 in Smite 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kirbymaster226 » January 6, 2014 8:42pm | Report
Hi I'm new to MOBA type games, I've played other mmorpgs like Uncharted Waters Online, Skyrim, etc.. I'm the type of player who is a visual learner, kind of stubborn, and is not with K-D Ratios and KSing is very hard for me(eg COD took me at least a year or 2 to get decent at it). I am level 30(only cause of my team(s) carrying me) and rarely do well in winnings. I need some sort of help, tips, maybe even a tutor who won't "yell" at me a lot, not troll, and someone who will help or at lest help understand how to play games like smite. It would be much appreciated also I learn quick (depending on the situation). Thanks really appreciate the help on smite

Sincerely,

IGN: SonicThunder

Kirbymaster226

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kirbymaster226 » January 6, 2014 9:09pm | Report
I know it seems odd, but I am having a massive amount of trouble learning the gods I own. please could use any help/mentoring I can get

Kirbymaster226

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » January 7, 2014 3:15am | Report
Your post is very vague.Could be more specific as to what your problem is.
Do you tend to end up with bad K/D/A?
Do you not understand the goals of this game?Or just what each role is supposed to do?
What gods do you own and which parts about them you find difficult to understand?
Which god(s) do you enjoy playing the most?Or maybe you have your favorite role if so what is it?

Answering these questions would help me understand what is it that you need.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kirbymaster226 » January 7, 2014 2:29pm | Report
To answer your questions I'd assume all of the above, bad K-D-Rs, I'm ok in arena with very few characters, but any other modes I have horrible results, I don't really understand the concept of anything other than TDM's, or roles, and I'm not the best at reading. I'd say favorite gods to play are mainly physical Gods like Artemis, Thor, Mercury, and Neith. I'd prefer to play as the physical gods I mentioned. I own about 20 gods out of the max number of gods. I could use a tutor willing to take some time and effort to really help me understand and help me get better at smite. Thanks.

Sincerely

IGN: SonicThunder

Kirbymaster226

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kirbymaster226 » January 11, 2014 8:29pm | Report
Question 1 answer: Yes, I can't get a excellent K/D/A

Question 2 answer: Both, I own 20 gods all seem difficult due to game goals and roles

Question 3 answer: I've tried many roles and all of them are difficult

Question 4: I enjoy/favor Thor, Artemis, Hades, etc.

Kirbymaster226

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 11, 2014 8:34pm | Report
Firstly, how do you die?

2: Are you sudden surrounded by the enemy team, or do you lose 1v1 fights just as often?

3: How often do you miss abilities and basics?

4: Do you often find yourself away from an ally or enemy?

5: Give me an example of a typical build on a hunter.

6: Do you know what the meta is?

7: What is your favored game mode?

8: Do you understand the mechanics of a MOBA? Structures, teamfights, positioning, farming, etc?

9: Give me a list of literally every single term in a MOBA that you do not understand fully. I have time.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kirbymaster226 » January 11, 2014 8:37pm | Report
Well umm in general I'm not very good at smite right now. I've been reported serveral times for feeding even though I really try not to and that is with all the gods I so far play. Can't really solo, mid is nope, trying to learn to jungle with Thor, and I poorly play a Hades tank in dou ( haven't tried building bruiser yet and don't really know how). when playing with people I usally have to be carried even when I play Arimis. I kinda of undertand the roles like Guardian is used for support and tanking and Assassin's role is mostly to jungle. Item set wise I don't reallly undertstand items and what to pick to use the god to its fullest advantage. I almost terrible k/d with everyone I use. I've tried some of the guides I just can't comprend them and don't understand the stratageies they impriment. But I so do love Smite and wish to play well enough so that people will stop saying mean thing to me. Also my friends call me the God of Suck and I would really like it if they would stop calling me that

Kirbymaster226

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kirbymaster226 » January 11, 2014 8:44pm | Report
2: Are you sudden surrounded by the enemy team, or do you lose 1v1 fights just as often?

3: How often do you miss abilities and basics?

4: Do you often find yourself away from an ally or enemy?

5: Give me an example of a typical build on a hunter.

6: Do you know what the meta is?

7: What is your favored game mode?

8: Do you understand the mechanics of a MOBA? Structures, teamfights, positioning, farming, etc?

9: Give me a list of literally every single term in a MOBA that you do not understand fully. I have time.

2: I am not very good at 1v1s

3: Half the time I miss my basic attack and usually miss my abilities.

4: Yes, I have a tendency to play more aggressive then passive.

5: I'm not very good at guides, I don't know the prefect build.

6: I have no idea what meta is.

7: Arena, cause there is not much thought needed.

8: I don't really know what MOBA means, and structures. I sort of understand positioning,
farming, and team fights

9: I really don't know what MOBA means.

Seriously I'm not very good.

Thanks and Sincerely

SonicThunder

Kirbymaster226

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 11, 2014 8:51pm | Report
Firstly, if you keep missing your basics and abilities, that has nothing to do with your understanding of MOBAs, you just suck at hitting stuff.

Secondly, I refuse to spoonfeed you. Give specific questions and I'll give specific answers.

Example Question: What is farming and why is it important?

Farming is basically earning XP by killing minions, not gods. This is a very important part of playing a MOBA, as farming will give you the majority of your XP and gold needed to buy items.

In the start of the game, you will focus on killing as much minions as possible. Getting in the killing blow is called a last hit and will give you bonus XP and gold. Farming is very important.

As the game progresses, farming becomes less important as it gives you too little XP and gold. If your team is moving around the map and you're still trying to level from minions, you're doing it wrong.

Of course, this is less important in modes with higher farm spooling. In Arena, you automatically recieve a lot of gold and XP as time progresses, so farming is meaningless. In other modes like Conquest, farming is very important.

Farming happens in a lane. In lanes, you will play a role. What role?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Minscinno » January 11, 2014 9:11pm | Report
Sorry to ask but, how you level 30 and don't even know what you build in a hunter? that is kinda...weird. Plus the majority of person at this level should know what meta mean, what i think you do. Smite general meta, today, would be a solo short, duo long, a solo at mid and a guy at jungle. By your comments, i assume you already knew that.
Besides, structures = towers, phoenixes, etc. No need to be a genius to get that (and you level 30).
Your post sounds like...trollish, really sorry if u have the best of intentions. If so, we will try to help you with the correct answers to the correct questions. :)

Minscinno

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }