Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Need Help. Willing to learn ANY role.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Need Help. Willing to learn ANY role. 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vixa » March 2, 2014 7:40pm | Report
I have been playing Smite on and off for a while.
I mainly play mages. Ra, Change, AO.
I am a very passive player and would like help NOT being so passive.
Im also interested in learning other roles: tank, adc, jungle.
Any help or mentoring would be greatly appreciated.
I have TS3 and skype and whatever other voice server anyone requires.
Im a quick learner but I tend to panic when things get tense and I miss shots
or I back off when I maybe could have gotten the kill.
I play a lot of Arena, Assault, Joust mainly because Im not confident enough for conquest.
I practice everyday and am available just about any time.

Vixa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » March 2, 2014 8:25pm | Report
I would recommend this mentoring thread. If you use it, make an appointment with one of the mentors.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vixa » March 2, 2014 9:24pm | Report
thanks I will look into that post

Vixa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 2, 2014 9:33pm | Report
So Vixa, you said you mainly play Arena, Assault, and Joust because you aren't confident in Conquest. Does this mean you want to learn to play Conquest better, or master the other 3, leading to mastering (metaphorically, not the 50 worshippers) each god to play well in Conquest?

If it's the latter, I can help very much. If it's the former, other people are very big conquest aficionados.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 2, 2014 9:48pm | Report
Hey Vixa, being a passive player is not bad at all, its always good in a team setup. If you wish to learn ADC, start practicing with Xbalanque, initially he would give you lots of focus issues with basic attacks and surviving against mage damage. But after 5 odd games you will start to feel better with him. Give him Qin's sais, lifesteal malice and deathbringer.

As you are good with Ao Kuang , play middle lane with him in conquest with wards both left and right for prevention against any jungle ganks. He is very good in creep damage and levels up/collects gold very fast which is what makes you stronger in a game. For jungling, I would recommend Arachne or Guan Yu. If u wish to be a bit tanky go with Guan Yu, max up skill 3 first, use his 1 for healing and start with hands of the gods.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » March 2, 2014 10:27pm | Report
Jungle, I'm not sure Guan Yu is such a good choice. Too bound to his ult, and not able to build enough damage to be useful. Someone like Fenrir, Thor, Loki, or, as you said, Arachne, is probably better.

Do agree with the rest though.

Anyway, that's what the mentoring thread is for.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » March 2, 2014 11:28pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

Jungle, I'm not sure Guan Yu is such a good choice. Too bound to his ult, and not able to build enough damage to be useful. Someone like Fenrir, Thor, Loki, or, as you said, Arachne, is probably better.

Do agree with the rest though.

Anyway, that's what the mentoring thread is for.

Reason I said Guan Yu is bcz of his tremendous ability to clear jungle camps early game. I find him mobile and tanky enough to invade enemy camps without fear of encountering enemy jungler. He has enough escapes and gank skills. Well but agree that he is by default a warrior not a jungler. Thor is another good choice. No to learn jungle in a game with Bakasura, he's not easy to play.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vixa » March 3, 2014 1:14pm | Report
Raventhor wrote:

So Vixa, you said you mainly play Arena, Assault, and Joust because you aren't confident in Conquest. Does this mean you want to learn to play Conquest better, or master the other 3, leading to mastering (metaphorically, not the 50 worshippers) each god to play well in Conquest?

If it's the latter, I can help very much. If it's the former, other people are very big conquest aficionados.

I would like to get better at Arena, Assault, and Joust. I think once Ive done that, I may be able to move back into conquest at some point. but for now, I enjoy the other game modes much more. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Vixa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vixa » March 3, 2014 1:35pm | Report
arka222 wrote:

Hey Vixa, being a passive player is not bad at all, its always good in a team setup. If you wish to learn ADC, start practicing with Xbalanque, initially he would give you lots of focus issues with basic attacks and surviving against mage damage. But after 5 odd games you will start to feel better with him. Give him Qin's sais, lifesteal malice and deathbringer.

As you are good with Ao Kuang , play middle lane with him in conquest with wards both left and right for prevention against any jungle ganks. He is very good in creep damage and levels up/collects gold very fast which is what makes you stronger in a game. For jungling, I would recommend Arachne or Guan Yu. If u wish to be a bit tanky go with Guan Yu, max up skill 3 first, use his 1 for healing and start with hands of the gods.

I have tried Xbal and I can do ok with him for the most part. I dont die much but I also dont really carry since Im not very aggressive. As far as ADCs I like Anhur. He has a slow, stun, and an escape jump. I still cant rake in the kills though.

Vixa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by WatchfulShadow » March 3, 2014 2:16pm | Report
Vixa wrote:
I am a very passive player and would like help NOT being so passive.

This sounds like a confidence problem, right? You don't want to jump in to a fight in fear of dying?

WatchfulShadow

Remarkable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }