Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Knowledgeable player seeking advice.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Knowledgeable player seeking advice. 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GodDanSmite » July 14, 2013 12:05pm | Report
Hello, my name is Dan. I started playing smite because my friends play it and have played it since beta started. They are all level 30 and play daily. I really love the game, and I enjoy my time spent playing with my friends.

I am level 17 and am starting to get a grasp on key aspects of the game. Note, that I have not played a previous MOBA, this would be my first. That being said, my friends aren't really good at "helping" it usually just comes down to "do this because I said so" and well I'm on a 9 loss streak when I play without them because well they didn't teach me anything honestly.

I am a very fast learner and competitive player I really enjoy Gods that can do considerable damage but still manage utility in escape/cc's. (Examples of my favorite Gods: Neith, Cupid, Zeus, Ymir, and I'm starting to like Hades and Poseidon.)

I suppose in short, How can I go about bettering my performance as far as knowing the God's in and out. Seems like when I try a new God in Casual Matchmaking I just get flamed in chat for not knowing everything about the game. These players hardly bother me but I don't enjoy letting my team down.

Any advice welcome, thank you for your time! : D

-Dan (ZeusJuice)

GodDanSmite

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by LevasK » July 15, 2013 1:18am | Report
GodDanSmite-If you want some quality advise you will have to be more specific for example : What do you think you are doing wrong? What do you struggle with most in game?. Also as for trying out new gods/learning new gods, you should do it in Arena,Domination,Assault since ragers are rare in there (or at least used to be rare) + even if you loose you are not really hurting anyone.

LevasK
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (52)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GodDanSmite » July 15, 2013 6:00am | Report
Good point, ill play a few games after work and focus on what my specific weakness are. As of now I believe I need to work on survivability and judging when I should chase/gank/retreat.

GodDanSmite

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 15, 2013 6:15am | Report
In general, chase only if you can keep up with the enemy god. Most people have a solid amount of damage, in which if they are running, you WILL eventually kill them, but ONLY provided you can solidly stick to them without them gaining distance on you. In general, you never want to chase unless you are guaranteed a kill, or at least have # of gods advantage (for example, you and an ally chasing down a solo god).
Retreat if you are ever at a # disadvantage unless you are very well ahead of the enemy gods gear-wise. 1 on 1, never fall back if you have 0 minions in front of you in conquest, you will lose your tower. Just clear a wave, then back.
Gank when they're pushed up past where you would come out of the jungle, or when they're at your tower.
That should at least cover your three examples. As far as learning what gods do, go into a practice arena mode (Vs. Kali, Sobek, and Anubis) and learn your abilities, how much damage they do, etc. Then slowly work into pvp. I would suggest arena, as it's fast paced and you won't ruin a 40 minute game feeding, you can learn your god on the fly in instant combat without having to worry about one mistake throwing a game.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GodDanSmite » July 15, 2013 8:34am | Report
Thanks for the solid advice Raven. Is their an option to chose the gods you verse in practice mode? I figured there would be as they are just bots, but have not found it.

GodDanSmite

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 15, 2013 6:48pm | Report
There is no option, you always face ra in joust. Arena changes depending on what god your playing I think...

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 16, 2013 9:27pm | Report
watch streams (Smitepro would be the best place to learn), there is always something to learn from streamers. So if you got enough time to spend I would recommend spending some time just watching who the pros play. That way you would learn who to position yourself in lane, how to use the different gods, how to build etc. Most of the streamers are good at explaining why they do stuff and what they/others did wrong if it goes bad :P
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GodDanSmite » July 17, 2013 2:53am | Report
Oh that's a great piece of advice! Ill be sure to do that. Thanks for the replies.

GodDanSmite

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }