Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item counter issue

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Item counter issue 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 21, 2013 9:36am | Report
Hello,

I am a fairly new player to smite. Only a lvl 24 and been playing a little over a month. I really do love it but I have been having some issues with building my gods. Specifically with item countering or leveling up in game. I seem to notice that if I am not solo I tend to start to fall behind in gold and usually end up with lower amounts end game. I still tend to have good/positive games. Also, are there certain items you want to avoid no matter which god? I usually play with anhur/xbala as carry (they are by far my best) and then thor/hades as bruiser/tank. I honestly think if I can fix my early leveling up/gold issue I would be able to have a bigger impact. I am trying to work on reading the opponent and picking the right items. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am always down to play.

IGN: bushwahkhan

Thanks,
Alex
www.twitch.tv/bushwahkhan - Follow :)

IGN:Bushwahkhan - Add me for games :)

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 21, 2013 1:08pm | Report
Just took a look at some of your builds in your recent matches :P

Noticed a few things you can do:

Starter items is your best friend, Mark Of The Vanguard on tanks and Death's Toll on AD carries gives you soooo much sustain. This will let you be able to stay in lane longer, which will let you farm better :)

One thing I noticed is that you go for Deathbringer a bit early on AD carries. It might be better to go for items like Devo Gloves (if you feel like you need some life steal), Heartseeker (if you are really confident) or The Executioner. The reason for not rushing Deathbringr is that it is so expensive and don't really give you that much damage for the amount of gold you spend on it.
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 21, 2013 3:19pm | Report
Thanks man!!!!!!

Yea my recent matches look like bleh because I have been trying to run and learn hades. I don't know why a lot of people said not to go with a starter item with certain tanks etc etc. Thank you I will try starting with vanguard on my tanks and see if I notice a difference. I originally went with deathstoll, boots, gloves, (then a power item) on my adc but I noticed I was getting spanked early game. The reason I go for full deathbringer so early is because I notice that I overpower my opponent a lot earlier with my basic attacks and makes them pull back. I honestly think it is just because they don't expect it. Again I really only play with anhur/xbala for my ADC. I will play around a bit and see. If you are trying to run some games I am usually on every night.

IGN: Bushwahkhan

Thanks,
Alex

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 21, 2013 7:28pm | Report
For ADC, IMO they should buy this items : Boots (better warrior than ninja), transendence if you are mana hungry, dev gloves for sustain, then rage for crit and deathbringer for crit damage. The last one should be any pen like Exe

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 23, 2013 10:41am | Report
I will try to get a game with you some day (on holiday atm, so only got my ****py laptop).

But If you want a lot of early damage, Heartseekr is your best pick (just remember to farm the stacks). The same thing with Devo Gloves (remember stacks). Another item is Jotunn's Wrath it gives you pen and damage and awesome cdr (so it is good on adc that uses abilities to do damage on the most part). So that would be a good pick on xbalanque (Trancendace is also a good item on him, so you can keep the steroids on your basic attacks and spam the 2-3 combo).

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 25, 2013 9:36am | Report

I will try to get a game with you some day (on holiday atm, so only got my ****py laptop).

But If you want a lot of early damage, Heartseekr is your best pick (just remember to farm the stacks). The same thing with Devo Gloves (remember stacks). Another item is Jotunn's Wrath it gives you pen and damage and awesome cdr (so it is good on adc that uses abilities to do damage on the most part). So that would be a good pick on xbalanque (Trancendace is also a good item on him, so you can keep the steroids on your basic attacks and spam the 2-3 combo).

Thanks! Yea I saw heartseeker. Would you start with that over the tabi boots? add the boots later? My builds last night consisted of heartseeker, deathbringer, dev gloves/soul eater , tabi boots, voidblade, then exec/joutouns wrath/titans bane. Am I on the right path? Pretty much in that order.

Yea I am down to play.

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 25, 2013 10:28am | Report
It depends on the game really, I would always start with Death's Toll and Boots. Then depending on the game/lane I would consider going straight for Heartseeker or finishing boots then getting devo gloves, Heartseeker or The Executioner.

If you are doing really really good and you are beating your lane going for Heartseeker (if you can finish it straight away) and start building stacks to extend the lead even more.

If you are just doing average I would just finish the boots then either go for Heartseeker (if you don't feel like you need more sustain) or Devo Gloves if you need more sustain. The executioner is more an item to get early if you like high attack speed (and if your god is more focused on auto attacks than skills).

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 26, 2013 6:48am | Report
Ok I gotcha. I will give you an example of my item build. For example, just now I played against a Freya and here are the different builds.

Freya:
Boots Magi
Wall Of Absolution
Demonic Grip
Obsidian Shard
Bancrofts Talon
Rod of Tahuti

Anhur(Me):
(started with deathstoll)
Tabi boots
Heartseeker
DevGloves
Executioner/Magis blessing at same time
Deathbringer

What should I have done differently as far as item choice?

I was fine early game then ended up getting destroyed. Her attack Dmg was at around 380 while mine was at 270 with full stacks. Hmmm

Thanks

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 26, 2013 6:54am | Report
First of all, if you are getting destroyed, sell your heartseeker. Then, buy a protection item like anything if your enemy is freya (she got both :P) like shield or voidblade for anhur. Buying more protection may help

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bushwahkhan » July 26, 2013 9:53am | Report
As an adc(Anhur more specifically) do I want that much protection though and sacrifice power/pen? I already had Devgloves and Magis blessing :/. And I suppose I could have substituted heartseeker for voidblade late game.....

Main Roles Played:
ADC
Support

Bushwahkhan

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }