Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How to be effective in these roles: ADC and Jungling

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » How to be effective in these roles: ADC and Jungling 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaqawa » February 29, 2016 11:53am | Report
Hey guys.

I've been playing SMITE on pc for a while. The modes I play in are Assault, Arena, and Joust. I would like to play Conquest, but I don't want to go in balls deep into a game mode where teamwork is the key to winning. So is there anyone that is able to mentor me on the roles of ADC and Jungling?

ADC: I like the fact that this role is basically meant to be the OP part of the team. So I would like to know how I could be very effective.

Jungling: From the guides I've read, jungling is a pretty difficult role if you don't know what you're doing. I'd love to learn how to be a Jungler and be an effective one as well.

(when replying to this thread, I would like to ask that the replies are focused on ADC would be in RED and the Jungling to be in Green)

Thanks Guys! Hope to hear from anyone soon!

Kaqawa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 1, 2016 3:19am | Report
Kaqawa wrote:

ADC: I like the fact that this role is basically meant to be the OP part of the team. So I would like to know how I could be very effective.

ADC can be practiced in joust as in the beginning the only thing you need to do is last hit minions and take the xp camps. And just like in Joust when trying to clear sometimes try to poke enemies while throwing your clear ability or another ability.
and if you think you can fight because your support landed a nice CC or you guys are getting ganked. Only then should you focus on not farming. Sometimes you will be 1v1 against the enemy adc as support will rotate.

After stacking (if you got a stacking item) is done you normally have 3 items (3.5 if doing really well) you will also start rotating more and grouping with your team (can happen earlier).

In teamfights it's all about position try not to get caught and try to hit the valuable targets if it's possible (1.adc 2.jungle/mage 3.solo 4.support).
Your team should be trying to keep you and the mage alive in most cases but if you are out of position it's not possible for them to do that. beign out of position is if you can easily get cc, to far from team but mostly in front of your frontline.

Builds and how every game goes is a per game thing it can always be different.

Kaqawa wrote:

Jungling: From the guides I've read, jungling is a pretty difficult role if you don't know what you're doing. I'd love to learn how to be a Jungler and be an effective one as well.

This role is hard to explain as this is the most game depended role of where to be at which times. I'm going to start of with the point that you can get blamed a lot because you choose to did something else then a laner would (but if 2 lanes need a gank at the same time and you gank solo you can't help mid or vice versa).

Depending on the looks of the game you will either be farming your jungle. Or ganking in the early game (after the start clear with team). You can also be invading/counter jungling but this is something you shouldn't do immediately if you are new to jungling as getting caught can be very bad.

I will start about priority 1 which is ganking:
this is normally something you do to switch lane dominance and help your laner out and sometimes to secure that 10% hp enemy your laner can't get anymore.
The way you switch lane dominance is by killing or driving the enemy laner back to base. Even gaining a relic use from the opponent is successful. And the most hidden thing which can be successful is if you got the opponent scared so he won't go to aggressive on your teams laner.

when you gank depends on the way the easiest way to gank is when the enemy laner is far from his tower. You can then sneak from behind without needing to use a gap closer so you can use it when they used their escape. and because it's third person try to surprise your enemy.

after ganking you normally drop the buffs for your laners and make sure to secure/contest 1 of the mid camps (preferably both). mid camps is mostly done with the help of the midlaner. an easy way to secure them is to gank the enemy mid so he needs to back, however be careful that the enemy jungler can countergank as he will probably be in the area.

if you can't do those things you will just farm your jungle and look out for counter ganks (this is ganking a lane that's getting ganked)

As said what you will be doing can differ every game. If every lane is winning you can't do much then farm yourself. if every lane is losing it gets harder as you sometimes need to farm otherwise you will be behind and you will just feed while ganking.

for jungling you should watch vids of people who jungle and explain why they are doing something to get a better idea of how to jungle

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 1, 2016 12:46pm | Report
Okay as a jungle main I'm going to try and shed some light from my perspective. So jungling in season 3 is farming, farming... and more farming, some ganks here and there, but mostly farming. In general that farming route may bring you into lanes a lot to apply pressure and leech wave experience, but most of the time will be spent in the jungle, occasionally poking your head into lane to say "OI I exist".

As a jungler you should try to be aware of what is going on around the map at any given time. If you're on a comfortable team this will be much easier as communication will be better than if you were with a pug (at least I hope that would be the case in this situation).

Positioning is crucial, if you think something is going to go down in a particular lane and you aren't too busy making sure you keep up in gold and experience. Start heading over to that side of the map. But be sure not to stick around too long if it doesn't seem like anything will bear fruit from your presence there. It's extremely important to always stay busy as the jungler. Don't wander aimlessly, always go with a purpose. There is almost always something productive you could be doing to assist your laners, or farm the jungle.

Another thing is that it's important to communicate, all the more since you're one of the two roaming roles. Either the support, or the jungler is going to be making the calls on what the rest of the team does, so communicate, communicate, communicate! You'd be surprised what a simple "Gank Right Lane" can change in how your team handles a situation. Whoever is in right may be hard focusing in a boxing match or clearing wave and may not see you coming. So making that audible call can help your team get into position to assist you in doing your job. It just makes it better for everyone.

To sum it up. Don't be afraid to make plays, but don't forget to farm. Farming is the key to success in this season.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaqawa » March 1, 2016 7:45pm | Report
Thanks for these responses! From what I've read about your expertise on Jungling, it seems that it doesn't just get mastered overnight (given I only pay for 2 hours per night). Other than that, thanks for the info! And I'll definitely look at videos of Jungling and see what I can get from there.

Oh and another question.

What would be a recommended god for beginner Junglers?

Kaqawa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 2, 2016 4:07am | Report
no role is learned in one night or day. there are always new things you will learn. the only thing you can learn in 1 night or day is a simple god mechanics and combo's (but not in 2 hours).

in roles you can always learn something new from match up to unusual situations.

Also Estidien the most common role to "captain"/call things depends a lot. for one team it's the support for another it's the mid laner etc.

Beginner god for Jungle:
I'm going to say most ability based assassins are good pick up jungles.
Bastet (very save with her pounce)
Fenrir (can be very strong especially if you know how to use runes)
Hun Batz (multiple gap closers and an ult that's good in teamfights)
Thor (he is one of the 5 free gods and not that hard to pick up. However he has a lot more potential if you go into deeper mechanics)
this one is a bit of an pub stomper because of a strong early game Thanatos however he gets harder later in the game and if you aren't snowballing.

the other gods you see in the jungle can also be picked up but to learn jungle I won't recommend them that easy (I can recommend Ao Kuang however he is a mage jungle. most jungles are physical unless comps needs more magical damage)

How every god is build depends on type and a bit on god.

For adc I would recommend:
any adc with an escape and a good waveclear ability: Medusa, Neith and Apollo (and Anhur however you need to learn how to pilar stun fast.
You can also use the other adcs but they make learning the role a bit harder because they can't clear as well (and getting pushed udner tower) or are dead when ganked (cause no escape)putting the risk of getting behind faster.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kaqawa » March 2, 2016 8:58am | Report
Thanks for the recommendations!

Would Artemis be a good choice for ADC? Or is it alittle too early to try a god like that for a beginner?

Kaqawa

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 2, 2016 9:15am | Report
Kaqawa wrote:

Thanks for the recommendations!

Would Artemis be a good choice for ADC? Or is it alittle too early to try a god like that for a beginner?

Artemis is fairly simple to get to grips with, but you might find her kit quite restrictive, as it's essentially a pure offense kit, so you might find things a little hard with her as a beginner.

I would recommend starting with Neith. She has a great, flexible, and relatively safe kit.
She's got great wave clear, a decent heal, a near instant-startup escape, and a global (can hit anybody anywhere on the map, under the right circumstances) ult.

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 2, 2016 10:09am | Report
You can try her but she is under the is dead when ganked. and several elements of her kit make her a bit harder (like using your vines in a good way instead of just dropping them somewhere)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }