Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how can I get better at league?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » how can I get better at league? 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by cooliothex » August 16, 2014 8:34pm | Report
I can win in a lot of normal conquest matches but I'm completely outclassed when I try to play league and always end up screwing my team over. The skill level is so different that I dont think practicing in normal helps that much. How can I get better at league so I dont screw my team?

cooliothex

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » August 16, 2014 9:13pm | Report
So in ranked play, the most important thing is communication. Either join Curse (someone will most likely give you a link when you join the lobby) or be clear and direct when typing out. Make sure to use the VGS system when it's needed.

You'll also find out many gods have great counter-picks and some gods are generally banned/picked. If you check this thread out, you'll wan't to try to do what the pros are doing (not always). Make sure to identify a reason to do something before you do it. You can see Geb was the most picked because imo, he's the best guardian around. He has amazing mobility with his roll, cc from his ult and knockup are amazing, and his shield gives temp health and cleanses cc. He can peel very efficiently. Osiris was the most banned god due to his crazy hit chain aoe and attack speed. He is being nerfed in the next patch.

A good idea is to self evaluate after a death, kill, and/or match. Think about what you did right, what you did wrong, and what you could've done better. Something many pros do.

You can watch pros stream or even high tier Smite players' videos. A extremely well known player, Drybear has just reached Platinum tier in Conquest League. He explains very well to his audience of what he does, he self-evaluates after plays, and he is fun to watch! Other examples of pros are Lassiz, Eonic, Barracudda, and more.

Hope this helped reps appreciated :3

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 18, 2014 12:54am | Report
Simply know the game :p

How long have you been playing?
What role do you prefer?

The best thing you can do is just learn all the gods (what they do, cooldowns etc. you don't have to know every cooldown to the second, just knowing it is 5,10 or 15 is really good).
DO NOT CHASE KILLS ALONE (unless it's the last man standing).
Know when you can push and when you have to be careful (watch the map)
WATCH THE MAP. You should always know what is going on in the other lanes (your mid went back to base? Be careful you might get ganked by the enemy mid. etc.)

Figure out what you are struggling with in ranked. Is it game knowledge that keeps you down, is it your builds or just mechanical skill?

Everything can easily be worked on in casuals, just figure out what it is you want to improve on and work on 1-2 things at the time. To much and you won't improve anything :p

Watch streams. :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }