Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Getting back into Conquest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Getting back into Conquest 2 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Shyzer » March 8, 2014 11:11am | Report
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get back into Conquest but I've fell out of the meta and I don't know what roles are in charge of what. I'm also level 30 so that kinda screws me up a bit more.

I'm aware that some roles should have HoG or that some roles should tank some camps at certain times. I just don't know what the "unspoken (kind of spoken) rules" are. Beginning loadouts and "schedules". I'm well aware of gameplay and which role is supposd to do what when dis/engaging and so on, so it's mainly the stuff like HoG, pots, pre-game, camps, when one should return to base at what time, etc...

Roles I'm interested in include: Solo and Duo (both)

Thanks!

Shyzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Shyzer

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » March 11, 2014 10:04am | Report
Usually the different roles go as follows:
Mid Laner e.g. Ao Kuang
Support e.g. Aphrodite
ADC e.g. Anhur
Solo Lner e.g. Hercules
Jungler e.g. Bakasura

As a midlaner your main objectives are to outpush the other god in your lane,(be careful, if you are pushing too far, you will get ganked) secure the mid harpies for yourself, the jungler, or your team, and gank mid-late game. There are always exceptions to what happens in a match and nothing has to go like I say it does. Vampiric Shroud is a great starter item as a midlaner. Mages(ranged magical gods) will usually go to mid lane but sometimes assassins(melee physical gods) and guardians(melee magical). Usually a midlane god is one who has a nice waveclear and decent sustain. Ra excels at this. Mid Laner usually doesn't get Hand of the Gods because they have a waveclear ability already. If you're going to mid with a god that is weak early game or no wave clear, Hand of the Gods is a viable option. Shielded Teleport or Purification Beads are nice actives to have.

As support, you go into the long or duo lane with your partner. You are meant to take damage for your adc and make sure the adc on your team is fed. The support is usually either a healing mage, guardian, or warrior. Obviously it's not set in stone. Watcher's Gift is sometimes a nice starter item for the support role. Eye of Providence is an active some supports should get if they want visibility on the map.

The ADC or attack damage carry is usually a hunter which mid-late game's basic attack power will be tremendous. Hunters are ranged physical gods. You are to lane with your partner who supports you. Death's Toll is a good starter item for the ADC. Sprint is always a nice active for the ADC to escape ganks. An ADC's build will usually include raw power and penetrations items like Warrior Tabi, some lifesteal items such as Asi, and crit items such as Deathbringer.

The solo laner is the role which almost always must have high sustain. They will march into the short lane and the jungler will help them get blue buff early levels and lane with them a bit. Sustain is really key in the solo lane. Ra is very popular here as well as many warriors such as Guan Yu, Tyr, and Sun Wukong. Builds vary a lot throughout the solo lane.

The jungler is the role that does not lane but farms xp and gold through camps in the area called the jungle. I find this lengthy topic to explain so I will just link you to a jungle guide. I find the role jungler is the most versatile where assassins, warriors, tanks, and sometimes even mages. Almost all junglers use the starter item Bumba's Mask. Really the only god who starts with a different jungle item is Thanatos which is Death's Toll. As a jungler Hand of the Gods is usually essential early game. This role will also try to solo the gold fury at around level 15-20. You want to get mostly power items and little defense, usually. After Bumba's Mask, Warrior Tabi is great for movement speed and penetration.

Little summary of the roles in Smite. Hope this helped.
Junglers Handbook by Subzero

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }