Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

All around conquest mentor

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » All around conquest mentor 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CrixTheGall » March 5, 2015 10:02pm | Report
Hello been playing for a few days now around 3 and I enjoy this game a lot seems like I am pretty rough around the edges at conquest I have had some luck at solo lane with Ra but at times get stuck with other roles that I have not really found a god I am good at so looking for help with roles in conquest and learning how to better play it without hindering other players. I am on usually every day for several hours at a time due to the nature of my job these times vary Early morning mid day and even at times at night US time zone Central. Current level is 14

CrixTheGall

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 6, 2015 12:11am | Report
I can;t help you in game (because I'm EU and time zone can be a ***** or the servers (I couldn't join a match on the EU server until it was 7 min in (we won though because I played some sick behind Rama in joust (and our team was ahead with 1 kill evenplaying defensifly)))

but I can help with any questions you have just put them here and I will answer them (and so would some other members)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GeouZu » March 6, 2015 12:18am | Report
Hello. As Devampi, I can't help you in-game, because I play on EU servers and I get a pretty high ping on NA servers that hinders my game. But if you have any questions, post them here and me and other members will try to help you out.

GeouZu

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » March 6, 2015 9:10am | Report
I might be able to catch a game with you since I'm on US servers, but I play pretty inconsistently (ie: anywhere from 5pm-1am, sometimes for 1 match at a time, sometimes for 4, etc.)

I can definitely offer some newbie advice considering that this was my first MOBA and started in the solo lane with Chang'e myself.

In general, the worst thing you can do for your team is feed, in any role. Gods with good escapes are generally easier to use for beginners since new players are more likely to put themselves in bad situations. Learning this game is really all trial and error, but having good escapes can make your errors less problematic.

This is what really defined my first choices of gods for each of the roles.

Chang'e gets passive movement speed from her dances, has an ability that makes you completely damage and CC immune and has an ultimate which can stun enemies who are pursuing you, making her a really safe solo laner.

Nemesis' dash and slow are great for both pursuing enemies and escaping them. Her kit is also fairly straightforward making her an easy jungler to pick up.

Athena is easily the best support to just pick up and use because she has a dash giving her an easy engage and escape, and one of the best CC abilities in the game, as well as a global ultimate. Only other tip is that if you're going to play support, buy wards or teammates will get pissy.

Neith is definitely the easiest adc since her kit is straightforward, she has an escape, a stun, a slow and an ultimate that can grab easy kills.

Mid laners are generally less about escapes and more about pushing lane. If you haven't given Ra as much of a shot in the mid lane, I'd recommend it. I vastly prefer him there than in solo.

Hope this helps!
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 6, 2015 9:56am | Report
Zilby wrote:

Chang'e gets passive movement speed from her dances, has an ability that makes you completely damage and CC immune and has an ultimate which can stun enemies who are pursuing you, making her a really safe solo laner.

chang'e got an free aegis and also she can debuff heals and heal herself with her 3

for other solo laners i would try Chaac or Hercules as warrior's have returned to the solo lane once again.

for junglers I would sooner suggest just Thor as he is fairly easy. also Hun Batz is a nice first jungle too (as he has 2 gap closers and a team helping ultimate)

for support I myself won't recommend Athena as for beginners she is a lot more difficult to play with making good use of the passive and the ult (you need to know when to ult and your team needs to know what your ult does otherwise it's kinda worthless sometimes)

I would recommend Ymir for a blink support (you need to master blink when playing supports as more of them use blinks and so does the next one) or Geb as Geb is a pretty good support 9one of the top supports) the only thing you need to practise is his roll skill and his shield.

on adc I could easily recommend all of them but I would stay away from Ah Muzen Cab and Artemis as they don't have an escape or Ullr because he got multiple stances making him very hard to play right.

mid laners depends most of them have a good wave clear but you got multiple mid laner types:
-you got the farming mid laner, they focus more on clearing the wave to get their stacks and play save sometimes poking the enemy laner but not as much. the best example of this type is Kukulkan as he needs book of thot stacks and his tornadoes clear waves easily
-you got the poking/burst mid laner, they focus less on clearing the wave and will target you more as the can do a good amount of damage pretty fast. a good example is He Bo he has a long range poke and insane damage on his 1 he is short range though.
-pusher mid, name says it they are really good at pushing. Ra is the example here as he can almost insta clear a wave with his one and heal his own minions to kill a tower.

my take on beginner gods most of the startingfive are good pick (except Guan Yu but he is making a comeback)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CrixTheGall » March 6, 2015 1:55pm | Report
Thank you for all the advice. I actually was running Ra last night in mid lane but was not doing so hot due to all the gang ups that came out of no where even with wards up and apparently was my fault lol. I believe just bad communication on the team in general. I believe I will try some of the suggested gods and see how things play out.

Zilby if you would like feel free to add me and we can see if we cant get in a match sometime game name is same as here.

CrixTheGall

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 7, 2015 1:37am | Report
wel ra is also pretty good at fending of ganks with his slow (2) and the dueling in his 3. also make use of his passive Speed of Light as it will make you uncatchable when you have slowed them (as their jump will be on cool down)

I don't know who ganked you but if it was a jungler yeah that is ward placing (you want wards at locations that you can see if he is getting behind you (crosspoint mid furie camps on your side (then you also ward the mid camp with it)) but if it was the support or solo laner then they should have called missing. If you have team mates that don't (use the whole voice command system) always look at the map 1 every 5 seconds because map awareness is one of the most important things in the game. make a note where are your team mates at and where is their junlger e.g.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » March 8, 2015 12:54pm | Report
I'll add you (IGN is still Zilby), but I'm still working on getting a working mic, so if you do want to do a game I might not be able to help that much atm, aside from text chat
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }