Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Advanced Jungling - dmbrandon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Mentoring » Advanced Jungling - dmbrandon 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » April 5, 2018 6:53pm | Report
I actually didn't even know dmbrandon still plays/streams, but I stumbled upon his channel and saw his coaching videos. This one, although a month old, really put me back up to speed to high level jungling. Even skimming through his other adc/solo vids gave me a perspective on my weaker roles that I wouldn't have even considered.

I remember initially when he started these videos, but I found them a bit too idk conceited? dmbrandon is dmbrandon, but the analytical perspective is something you can carry over to a lot of other things aside from Smite. I recommend a quick watch for anyone trying to jg past plat! If your mechanics and map knowledge are sound then the things you really need to worry about is communication, common ward placement, back timings, etc etc. Hopefully I can get back to diamond after my quals!

Also - every time I play solo it's sooo boring :/. Early aggression is fun cause of warrior starter item and jungle, but most of the time there's low kill potential against anyone who's decent.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » April 6, 2018 2:53am | Report
DM has great videos if you want to improve TBH
He has the knowledge of the game and he explains everything really well I feel.

Don't like his streams when he starts to make mistakes and then blame a teammate for not following the call or something.
Watched some yesterday, and DM called GF after a fight (good call, but his teammates where a bit slow to rotate). He was like "i think we might have to reset this" just to the stream just talkimg about why and (all of fhat was correct). The enemy Agni is spotted in mid lane and on wards it is super clear that they do not have the DPS to burst it down before he gets there, but still no call to reset. Then agni gets close and GF is on about 5% he calls for the reset, by that time enemy thor has ulted the sol inside the GF pit and Agni steals it with a bomb.

He then calls out the sol for not being on comms "you are THROWING", sol says he is on coms and that he tried to reset but got stunned. DM then says he callsd the reset at least 3 times and that he has to listen and stop just ignoring calls.

Or he gos to proxy farm sees Thor rotating "I got thor here, ill keep him here" then starts fightkng two ppl instead of getting out, dies after like 15 seconds. Then complains about teammates dying when he had 2 ppl in solo lane.

It is just too cringy for me to watch. His streams are good when he's not in that mood though. And his commentary streams of pro games are perfect. So much better than the HiRez commentary because of his game knowledge.

Also if you want a good general jungle guide Lasbra (Adapting reborn) has a great guide. He plays in the EU-SML on Insignem who are just smashing it at the moment.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/105BHfSE5Oq_yCJsYVDpIEDEVZP2hGd-qsjGLLrKYi6c/edit?usp=drivesdk
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » April 8, 2018 2:56pm | Report
Yeah, he's kinda a hypocrite, and I don't really like to watch his gameplay/stream because of the reasons you mentioned. Thanks for that link, helps a lil with my weaker newer gods like Da Ji, Rat, and Achilles.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }