Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Fighting game player learning Smite

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Introductions & Matchmaking » Fighting game player learning Smite 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BroodMother » April 17, 2016 12:14am | Report
Hello all, as you can tell from the title, i'm a competitive fighting game player (MKXL, KI, DOA5LR, SFV) but am wanting to branch out into Smite. I love mythology and science fiction, so Smite seems like a right fit for me.

Outside of gaming, i enjoy reading and writing, comics, anime, crossdressing, and drawing. i play on PS4 if anyone wants to play with me and help me learn.

Thanks.
"Death comes to all; except me..."

BroodMother

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » April 17, 2016 9:32am | Report
Now when you say you're a 'competitive fighting game player' do you mean you casually play fighting games, in which you 'compete' against another player, or do you mean you play fighting games at a 'high-end competitive level'.

Either way there's skills that you'll carry across to a MOBA. I came from playing SF4 at I high-end level and transitioned pretty smoothly into smite.

In street fighter I had an encyclopaedic knowledge of frame data (startup, active, invincible, etc), juggle properties, stun value and whatnot for every character, which has translated into knowledge of ability durations, CC effects etc. Of all gods in smite, so I have a feel of how to act in any given situation.

My Reactions from SF have translated across well to smite (though I'm probably not quite as fast as I was back then. Having a job and being tired sucks)

A huge part of SF is mind games and reading what people are going to do, which is another skill that's translated beautifully to smite as well. Being able to make good reads on what people will do can really help turn tight situations around.

Generally there are lot of things you'll carry over, but getting your head around the core mechanics is going to be the hard part.

Is suggest looking at this brilliant guide, as it will essentially teach you everything you need to know to get started.

Also feel free to ask questions around the site, as there's plenty of people around who will try their best to answer.

Oh, and welcome to SmiteFire!

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BroodMother » April 18, 2016 4:29pm | Report
Awesome thank you very much.
"Death comes to all; except me..."

BroodMother

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }