Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Typhon, Greek Storm Giant (Melee Tanky Mage)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Typhon, Greek Storm Giant (Melee Tanky Mage) 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » March 7, 2014 3:24pm | Report
Damned - Each consecutive ability used costs 5% more mana and deals 5% more damage, stacking 4 times. Stacks last 10 seconds. At max stacks, Typhon gains protections based on level.

Storm Strike -

Typhon releases a cyclone storm in front of him in a cone, dealing 20/50/90/100/120 (+20% magical power AND 30% protections) magic damage every .5 seconds for 2.5 seconds, applying a 5% slow each tick.
Mana Cost - 90/100/110/120/130
Cooldown - 11 seconds

Giant's Might -

Typhon surrounds himself with a storm system for 3 seconds, reducing all magic damage taken by 20/30/40/40/50% and dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (50% magical power AND 50% protections) once it dissipates with one final lightning strike in a circle around Typhon.
Mana Cost - 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown - 20 seconds

Ebb and Flow-
Typhon channel's the storm's might, causing his next two spellcasts to return 75% of it's mana cost if it lands it's damage. Typhon permanently gains 0.4% cooldown reduction for each ability landed this way.
Cooldown reduction does not reduce the cooldown of Ebb and Flow.
Mana Cost - 90/110/130/150/170
Cooldown - 20 seconds

ULTIMATE - Raging Vengeance

Typhon transforms into a massive storm, doubling his protections. He is able to choose an area to strike with a bolt of lightning, dealing 200/300/400/500/550 (+70% magical power AND 50% of protections) to all enemies and stunning them. Once the storm dissipates, Typhon dashes to the area selected.
Area is similar to Tyr's ult, range a bit bigger than Scylla ult.
No Mana Cost
120 second cooldown
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » March 27, 2014 2:05pm | Report
Feedback??
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 27, 2014 3:13pm | Report
Passive is a lot like Over-Enthusiasm. Is also broken, just like Hou-Yi. +32% damage is insane. Also, what the hell is up with these mana costs? They don't scale, and the passive actually increases them, which is a big nono, since a passive should never give a negative effect.

Storm Strike. (120 + 20%. + (120 + 20 x 1.02) + ((120 + 20 x 1.04) + (120 + 20 x 1.06) + (120 + 20 x 1.08) + (120 + 20 x 1.1) + ((120 + 20 x 1.12) + ((120 + 20 x 1.14)) x 1.32 = 1011.54 base damage + 171.2% of your magical power. Pretty ****ing overpowered.

Giant's Might, on the other hand, is pretty okay. It's strong, but not OP.

Ebb and Flow is crazy. Permanent +0.4% CDR is insane. Yeah, it'll take 100 spell hits to get to the cap, but that doesn't change how you essentially are giving free CDR.

The ultimate, I don't know the stun time, but the damage numbers actually look fairly sensible. This ult is actually pretty neat. I don't know if you can cast while it's going on or not. Not much to say when I'm lacking so much info. I don't the area, the leap distance, how long it lasts, if it's a channeled ability like Recall Demons, etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bergmeister » March 28, 2014 3:38am | Report
I would have to agree. Some of the numbers need a little work but besides that he looks great.

Bergmeister

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » March 28, 2014 4:31pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Passive is a lot like Over-Enthusiasm. Is also broken, just like Hou-Yi. +32% damage is insane. Also, what the hell is up with these mana costs? They don't scale, and the passive actually increases them, which is a big nono, since a passive should never give a negative effect.

Storm Strike. (120 + 20%. + (120 + 20 x 1.02) + ((120 + 20 x 1.04) + (120 + 20 x 1.06) + (120 + 20 x 1.08) + (120 + 20 x 1.1) + ((120 + 20 x 1.12) + ((120 + 20 x 1.14)) x 1.32 = 1011.54 base damage + 171.2% of your magical power. Pretty ****ing overpowered.

Giant's Might, on the other hand, is pretty okay. It's strong, but not OP.

Ebb and Flow is crazy. Permanent +0.4% CDR is insane. Yeah, it'll take 100 spell hits to get to the cap, but that doesn't change how you essentially are giving free CDR.

The ultimate, I don't know the stun time, but the damage numbers actually look fairly sensible. This ult is actually pretty neat. I don't know if you can cast while it's going on or not. Not much to say when I'm lacking so much info. I don't the area, the leap distance, how long it lasts, if it's a channeled ability like Recall Demons, etc.

It's not free CDR man. You actually have to LAND the ability to apply it.

I tweaked the numbers in the passive so it shouldn't be too bad.

Yes, it's similar to Houyi's passive. I've been messing around with the idea of extra mana cost for extra damage. It's a neat idea.

Added specification to the ult.

Back to Ebb and Flow. There are plenty of items that give free stats simply for killing things.
Take Transcendence. That item gives mana for killing things, thats it. At least you have to LAND things.

Cooldown Reduction is capped anyway. It's on a 20 second cooldown and it isn't effected by the CDR it gains. There are plenty of infinite scaling characters across MOBAs.

Veigar and Nasus get free damage for killing things, not too hard. Sion gets free max health UNCAPPED. So he's techinically immortal at a certain point.

Why is infinite scaling allowed? Cause the characters are balanced. Nasus, Veigar and Sion are all immobile. So is Typhon. Typhon lacks real reliable ranged damage like other mages.

Yes, infinite scaling is strong but it's not the end of the world (no pun intended) for the god idea.

Anyway, on the way I've seen you criticizing posts recently.
I used to be like you, attacking the author for some simple wrong numbers. Then I took a break and now I'm trying to be a nicer critic.
Imagine what people will see when they come to this forum for the first time.
Thinking about making a god idea, goes to the first on they see (this one) to get some idea of what it's like. They see your posts here, swearing and being pretty blatant about things instead of simply saying what's wrong.
What are they gonna think? They're not gonna make a god idea for fear of the SubZero guy coming and attacking them for their first post.
I just don't want this forum to die, that's all.
Thanks.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 28, 2014 5:43pm | Report
Uh, yeah, that's free CDR. That's like saying Xbalanque's Dead of Night doesn't give him free power because you have to kill a god. You don't have to pay for it, nor do you have to occupy any item slots.

Also, landing things is not an insanely difficult requirement. You sound utterly ridiculous. "Oh, Trand makes you KILL things, LANDING things is SO MUCH HARDER IN COMPARISON."

I never questioned infinite scalings. But regardless, Veigar/Nasus both have weaknesses, like a ****ty early game or being squishy or vulnerable to being Hourglass'd. You give this guy high burst, high damage, and high protections. This guy isn't balanced.

Ultimate is ridiculous, you're giving essentially a Geb stun with way more damage attached. And you STILL didn't give stun time. Tyr also has a versatile ultimate, except it doesn't stun, doesn't deal high damage, and doesn't have that much range.

I also don't appreciate you insulting me like this. Don't be the second Arka222. He kept saying that everyone who disagreed with him was attacking him, and he always understated his own faults, like you are doing now. Numbers are everything in some situations, like stun time. Or are you saying that Riven's 0.75 sec stun is just as bad as Ymir's 2.25 sec stun? These things are important.

Also, if you are unsatisfied with me being blunt, then frankly, ****ing deal with it. I'm not here to babysit you or to sugarcoat things; I'm here to give honest criticism. While you are monologuing about people's "first time" in these forums, I'm actually trying to give good advice.

Edit: Ever wonder why your posts always require being bumped, and then only the few same people reply to it? It's because your ideas, to be blunt, suck. They are usually drastically overpowered, and you never display any willingness to accept criticism. Harsh words.

Normally, I'd give advise at this point, but since you clearly refuse to take it, I'm done here.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » March 28, 2014 6:25pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Uh, yeah, that's free CDR. That's like saying Xbalanque's Dead of Night doesn't give him free power because you have to kill a god. You don't have to pay for it, nor do you have to occupy any item slots.

Also, landing things is not an insanely difficult requirement. You sound utterly ridiculous. "Oh, Trand makes you KILL things, LANDING things is SO MUCH HARDER IN COMPARISON."

I never questioned infinite scalings. But regardless, Veigar/Nasus both have weaknesses, like a ****ty early game or being squishy or vulnerable to being Hourglass'd. You give this guy high burst, high damage, and high protections. This guy isn't balanced.

Ultimate is ridiculous, you're giving essentially a Geb stun with way more damage attached. And you STILL didn't give stun time. Tyr also has a versatile ultimate, except it doesn't stun, doesn't deal high damage, and doesn't have that much range.

I also don't appreciate you insulting me like this. Don't be the second Arka222. He kept saying that everyone who disagreed with him was attacking him, and he always understated his own faults, like you are doing now. Numbers are everything in some situations, like stun time. Or are you saying that Riven's 0.75 sec stun is just as bad as Ymir's 2.25 sec stun? These things are important.

Also, if you are unsatisfied with me being blunt, then frankly, ****ing deal with it. I'm not here to babysit you or to sugarcoat things; I'm here to give honest criticism. While you are monologuing about people's "first time" in these forums, I'm actually trying to give good advice.

Edit: Ever wonder why your posts always require being bumped, and then only the few same people reply to it? It's because your ideas, to be blunt, suck. They are usually drastically overpowered, and you never display any willingness to accept criticism. Harsh words.

Normally, I'd give advise at this point, but since you clearly refuse to take it, I'm done here.

Lol, good riddance.
Edit: **** you.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » March 28, 2014 6:48pm | Report
Wow, no wonder no one comments on your god ideas, with your charming personality.

Edit: Seriously, who else comments here? Who is even willing to give your creations the time of day?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » March 28, 2014 7:13pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Wow, no wonder no one comments on your god ideas, with your charming personality.

Edit: Seriously, who else comments here? Who is even willing to give your creations the time of day?

You've got an equally charming personality good sir.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » March 28, 2014 7:14pm | Report
Sloogz, Subzero is right. If you make a (admittedly bad) god suggestion, get ready for people to criticize it. You going around insulting people doesn't help your cause.
Maybe Subzero is a little harsh, but at least his posts are 1. helpful and 2. hilariously dramatic. I lol whenever I read his criticisms.

As for the actual suggestion, what Sub said. Ebb and Flow could grant CDR upon god kills, like, for each god he kills he gains 2% CDR, up to 15% (I know that logically it would either go up to 14 or 16, but we could shave off that last 1. :D)

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }