Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Thoth - God of Knowledge

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Thoth - God of Knowledge 3 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Which god idea should I do next?
Ku - Prophet of Prosperity
Kamoho - God of Sharks (Remake)
Medusa - Mistress of Stone (Remake)
Horus - The Insurmountable
Set - Lord of the Crimson Sands
Tsukuyomi - The Exaulted Moon
Roma - Defender of Rome
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » June 26, 2014 10:39pm | Report
Introducing Thoth - God of Knowledge as a mage. I was bored and I was pretty impressed with his lore I wrote for him so I just had to remake him since my last idea was too focused on being creative and no enough focus on being...sensible, I guess. So here ya go:

Lore:
Destruction is unavoidable. His children, followers of his wisdom, now corrupt with rage and imprisoned inside Armageddon. Thoth has returned, but there was no more harmonious knowledge to pursue. He had become discouraged to the lengths he went to obtain the ultimate knowledge.

The god of wisdom has always been a wrathful god. For years this war had began to rupture the structures of the earth and sky. It had been foretold that the sun would be swallowed, plunging all the worlds in endless darkness, signaling the end of ancient Egypt as he knew it. But a war amongst other gods, other pantheons, other than Egypt: such devastation could drive one into madness; to thirst and crave the divine wisdom that is spread throughout far more than he had once obtained among the ashes. Every god had their purpose in this realm. No god had stood idle any longer. This is war. This is death.

But with death came experience.

His prize looms closer than ever before. These feelings of judgement and insurmountable power; they were slipping away from his finger tips by the second. In order to complete the book he must risk the foundations of the lands that brought him life; he does not have time to concern of the casualties along the way. The hunger inside him continues to fester, and that is of no consequence. For his past and his power are all but a mystery.

Thoth has felt upon the ultimate knowledge.

For Knowledge is might.

And he will obtain it.

Abilties:
Passive: Book of the Dead:
Once Thoth casts a skill, a chapter of The Book of the Dead will be set. Each chapter stays active until it comes off cooldown.

Cooldown: 30 seconds

1:Preservation:
CHAPTER: PERSERVATION - Thoth passively regenerates .5% of his maximum health per second. This will stop if he receives damage from any other source but lane minions.

Active: When this skill is activated, Thoth gains orbs of protection that circle around him, knocking back all nearby enemies. Each orb blocks CC and 30% of spell damage, and breaks upon blocking a CC or reducing a spell�s damage.

Orbs: 1/2/3/4/5
Duration: 5 seconds
Cooldown: 15 seconds

2: Perception:
CHAPTER: AFTERLIFE - Upon killing an enemy god, Thoth regenerates 15% of his targets maximum health

Active - Thoth throws out then pulls back his intellectual sphere, passing through all enemies dealing damage. On the pull back the orb penetrates 10/20/30/40/50% of the enemy's magical protections.

Damage: 90/140/190/240/290 (+45% of his magical power)
Cooldown: 8 seconds

3: Judgement:
CHAPTER: JUDGEMENT - Enemies damaged by Thoth's abilities will be slowed by 15% for 5 seconds.

Active - Thoth places his orb onto a nearby ally or enemy. If placed on an ally it spins around them, granting an additional 15/20/25/30/35% movement speed. After three seconds, it detonates, stunning all nearby enemies and dealing damage.

Damage: 60/80/110/150/200 (+50% of your magical power)
Stun Duration: 1 second
Cooldown: 10 seconds

4: Ubiquity:
Thoth charges up his most powerful spell from his book. After channeling for 3 seconds, Thoth blasts all enemy gods on the map, dealing damage.

Damage: 150/250/350/450/550 (+40% of his magical power)
Cooldown: 120 seconds

Voicelines
N/A

Hope you enjoy! ^-^ Please tell me what god I should do next and I will do my best. I need help because I am very indecisive. ;~;

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 27, 2014 10:32am | Report
This is a pretty cool refinement of your previous version of the god.

Passive is a neat idea.

I'm concerned about his one - it's a CC skill that has a duration. So basically, it sounds like if he's cornering an enemy against a wall or something, they'll be knocked up forever until the duration ends. Might want to clarify/work on that.

The chapter for his two is just completely odd. If the Chapter bonus ends on the next ability cast, how is he supposed to proc it aside from his ultimate or basic attacks? It also really does give too much burst damage, hitting for a possible 899 + 232.5% of your magical power. (Assuming that the bonus hit deals 110% damage, but even if it doesn't, it's still a skill with 157.5% scalings, and unlike Janus, Thoth has other damage skills). Needs a damage reduction. And you don't have to make him able to recast it; it's already powerful enough.

His three is a bit overpowered; as a ranged unavoidable stun that lasts 1.5 seconds. I know there's a detonation time, but still. Maybe reduce to one second?

Ult is actually pretty perfectly balanced. I like it.

The chapters as a whole, honestly, feel really odd. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the mechanics, but assuming that each Chapter only lasts for one ability cast, it makes it nearly impossible to proc. They last until the CD is complete, but you "switch" chapters at each casting, which makes me think it's literally impossible to even use a chapter. Plz clarify.

Overall, I have no clue on how to feel about this guy because some of his skills are overpowered while some aren't and I don't really understand his passive mechanics. But I like it, I guess.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MadDanny » June 28, 2014 7:04pm | Report
UR AWESOME! GREAT IDEA! HIREZ SHOULD HIRE YOU! YOU IS ROCK STAR!
This is my signature. It is full of vowels and consonants.
In-game name: MadDany

Owner of: SmiteFireGaming clan. Open for our SmiteFire community members
Pm or look for our thread(I'd prefer if you'd go to our threadsince I don't online that often.)
A.K.A.The Mad Priest

MadDanny

Prominent (34)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }