Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Abraham Patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » The Abraham Patch 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TechnoHephaestus » November 22, 2013 5:38pm | Report
I read that the primary reason we wont see Jesus and other figures of the Abrahamic faiths (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) is because they are simply too boring. I however strongly disagree. So here's a list of ideas I have.

Jesus:Keeping it close to the original mythology, he is believed to someday return during the end times. So given the games theme, it makes perfect sense for him to make an appearance. Assisted by his father, an unseen god of creation, "the Holy Spirit" has been born again to bring peace to the war stricken world of Smite.

Jesus will play as a healing tank. His health and healing abilities are high but his damage output is extremely low. Physically he is slow and carries a sword for melee damage at a slow pace.
Passive: All damage dealt to him or to allies and enemies around him is reduced.

First ability: Blessing
Heals himself and all allies around him for a small amount of health, has a fast recharge.

Second Ability: Wrath of God
Father rains down a meteor storm for incredible damage but has a very slow recharge and uses a lot of mana.

Third: The Meek will Inherit the Earth
Anyone below 50% of max health within a set range will be healed significantly, including enemies. Jesus then heals himself for a small amount of health for each other god healed.

Ultimate: Day of Peace
A large glowing cross appears overhead, all damage dealt to or around Jesus (be it to allies or enemies) is nullified until the cross disappears.

Devil: The God of Evil
God Role: Leader(new type)
Appearance: Fallen Angel, his wings are burned.
Passive: Can fly while holding the space bar, increasing his movement speed.
First: Temptation
Heals an enemy within line of sight, damage healed is dealt back over time by 2x. If the target has full health, the ability can do nothing. If they are missing 30 health and he heals them for 30, then they will lose 60 over time. The amount of health that can be healed is upgradable.

Second: Commander of Conquerors
Restored amount of power to all allies around him.

Third: The Rage
Provides a damage buff to all allies around him

Ultimate: Tyrant
Can see the location of all enemies on the map; slowing their movement speed and reducing their damage output for an upgradable set of time.

Feel Free to add any other figures you can think of.

New map idea: The Promise Land
A three lane map in the middle east with remnants of human technology scattered in the sand. Most of the jungle threats are human rebels, the last defiers of the gods. Gives the game a more darker atmosphere. The third lane has a new and unique jungle monster called the Demiurge.

New monsters
The Demiurge:
Based on Gnostic beliefs, the Demiurge is the darkness at the beginning of time and origin of evil. If the god of the bible is the sum of all light, the Demiurge is the embodiment of darkness. He appears as a large cloud of darkness, shooting electricity at anything that comes near him. Hes basically a great big cloud of dark matter. Because he takes up the center lane, he will likely drive the game into a two lane match for the majority of the basic conquest game type. It may take a whole team of at least level 15 gods, or even the conjoined effort of both teams. Hes meant to be the big bad ultra boss.

Jinn: Fire spewing monster of Islamic mythology.

New items
Sling of David: Gives a small damage buff as a passive. If you fall below 50% max health, and have a melee attack, the range of your attack will be increased significantly.

Staff of Mosses: Passive, Increases magic over time, increases max magic, reduces damage dealt by water or ice based gods.

Black Stone: (Islamic Mythology)Passive, Starts out providing a healing effect, but the healing effect will diminish every time you are attacked by an enemy god. Perfect for junglers.

Doom Trumpet: An ability that slows enemies and provides a movement speed buff for allies for a set range. Does not effect the user.

Angel: A one time buy Minion that will charge alongside your other minions in the next wave. Each god is capable of buying one, but only one will be unleashed per wave.

TechnoHephaestus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Ragingstorm » November 22, 2013 5:59pm | Report
Sometimes , I wonder why people would type something that contains enourmous paragraphs that everyone knows would never happen.

Anyways, congrats on making suggestions for gods. Thanks. We're glad of your contribution, but Hirez will never make this happen! ^_^
All Hail Queen Storm, Queen Storm, Queen Ragingstorm!
You may call me Miss Storm.

"I have returned to the battlefield of these men, and this time, there will be no more salvation,"~Ragingstorm

BB Coding Queen of Smitefire: In the Olden Days, at least.

Ragingstorm

Prominent (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TormentedTurnip » November 22, 2013 6:30pm | Report
As great as it would be to have Abrahamic gods, we won't ever see them - not because they're boring, but because Hi-Rez doesn't have any balls. Just look at what happened to the Hindu pantheon, and Hi-Rez is actually located in the Bible Belt. They'll stick to the dead religions. I'm perfectly fine with that as long as they don't pretend to have a pair (like they did with the Hindu pantheon).

TormentedTurnip
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (96)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }