Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Susanoo, God of Storms & the Sea

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Susanoo, God of Storms & the Sea 8 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Do you like this God Concept?
It's interesting
Very interesting though numbers are insane
It's alright/could've done a better job
Isn't that good :/
No
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 1, 2016 8:19am | Report

Susanoo

God of Storms & the Sea

This is a reupload of my God Concept Susanoo from the official Smite forums. If you want to see the original concept/format then go to this link that'll direct you to all the concepts I've made on the Smite Official Forums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I00Y0kTqdg5AEYcLevfdmvlmvvXGcj33OOBjYFWKB_c/edit

[/list]
Take-haya-Susa-no-wo or Susanoo is the storm god of the Shinto religion. The Younger brother of the sun goddess Amaterasu, he is infamous for his mischievous and sometimes destructive behaviour and, therefore, has a reputation for being something of a trickster. He is also associated with the wind and the sea and in more recent times has become associated with love and marriage.

The god was born when his father Izanagi washed his nose in the river Woto whilst performing ritual cleansing rites following his experience in the underworld. Initially, Susanoo ruled the Takama no Hara (High Celestial Plain) with his sister Amaterasu but from the very beginning, Susanoo caused trouble by destroying forests and mountains and killing local inhabitants down on earth. For this reason, he was banished from heaven. Giving a last farewell to his sister, the storm god once again caused great destruction on his way to the palace of the sun and even the very mountains trembled in his wake. At this, Amaterasu was convinced her brother was up to no good but when challenged, Susanoo claimed he merely wanted to say goodbye and to prove his good intentions he said that if he could miraculously bring into the world five new deities and they turned out to be male, it would prove his honesty. Susanoo then took the 500-jewel necklace of his sister, ate them and spat them out as a mist from which five male deities were born. These new gods or kami, along with three female gods produced when Amaterasu performed a similar feat by eating Susanoo’s sword and spitting out three deities, became the ancestors of the Japanese nobility.

Full of exuberant joy at having won his challenge with his sister, Susanoo went on another wild rampage in celebration. Once again, trees were destroyed and so too many rice-fields. Then, to add insult to injury, in a rather tasteless joke Susanoo flayed a divine horse and threw it through the roof of the palace where Amaterasu was quietly weaving. Furious at her brother’s outrageous behaviour, the sun goddess shut herself in a cave and only came out again after much palaver and enticements from the other gods. Susanoo, perhaps not unjustly, was immediately exiled from heaven. In some accounts Susanoo took up residence with his mother Izanami in the underworld, in other versions, he rules the realm of the seas.

Descending to the earthly realm, Susanoo landed at Tori-kami in the province of Izumo and whilst wandering along the river Hi, the god was arrested by the sound of weeping. Investigating further, Susanoo found three pitiful figures - an old man and woman and their beautiful young daughter - all sobbing uncontrollably and absolutely terrified by something. On enquiry, they told the god that their distress was caused by a gigantic serpent (known as Yamato-no-Orochi or the Koshi) which came to terrorize the region every year and every visit ate one of the aged couple’s daughters. Now the distressed parents were down to their last daughter, Kusha-nada-hime. Susanoo struck a bargain with them that if he killed the monster he could marry the beautiful girl. Agreeing to this, the parents followed the god’s instructions and placed eight cups filled with extra strong sake at each of the doorways of their house. After a while, the monstrous serpent duly arrived with fire spitting from each of his eight heads. When the fearsome creature smelt the sake, it could not resist and each head drank from one of the cups. Consequently, the serpent collapsed completely drunk and Susanoo nonchalantly stepped out from his hiding place and lopped off each of the serpent’s heads with his sword. Then opening the creature’s belly, Susanoo discovered the special sword, the Kusanagi or ‘grass-cutter’ (in other versions of the story he extracts it from the serpent’s tail). This sword, he presented to his sister, no doubt by way of apology for his earlier misdeeds. The sword was then given by Amaterasu to her grandson Ninigi who was the first ancestor of the Japanese imperial family and it became a part of the imperial regalia, preserved in the temple of Atsuta near Nagoya.

Despite his reputation as a bit of a bad boy amongst the Shinto gods, Susanoo is credited with giving certain cultural gifts to mankind, including agriculture. He is also credited with founding the ruling dynasty in Izumo, through his son-in-law Oho-kuni-nushi. It is also the location of a major Shinto shrine which is dedicated to the god. In Japanese art, Susanoo is most often depicted with wild hair blowing in the winds, wielding a sword and fighting the eight-headed monster Yamato-no-Orochi.

Passive - Destructive Nature

Susanoo will have a percentage sea chart that'll affect his abilities greatly. The higher Susanoo's sea charts are the more damage his abilities will do & the more mobility he'll have. Susanoo's sea charts go up by 1% for every basic attack he lands, 3% for every ability he uses, 5% for every assist he gains, & 7% for every kill he secures. Everytime Susanoo dies his sea charts will leak/reset.

(SPEED AS IN MOBILITY/MOVEMENT SPEED)

10% full = 3% more damage + 3% speed
20% full = 4% more damage + 4% speed
30% full = 5% more damage + 5% speed
40% full = 6% more damage + 6% speed
50% full = 7% more damage + 7% speed
60% full = 8% more damage + 8% speed
70% full = 9% more damage + 9% speed
80% full = 10% more damage + 10% speed
90% full = 13% more damage + 13% speed
100% full = 15% more damage + 15% speed

Ability One - Water Pulse

Susanoo launches a water pulse at one of his enemies. If the enemy gets hit with the water pulse then he/she will be knocked back inside the water pulse.

Knockback duration - 2/2.5/3/3.5/4
Cooldown - 16s/15s/14s/13s/12s
Damage (on hit) - 40/75/90/105/125 + 10% magical power
Damage (on blow) - 75/105/120/150/175 + 25% magical power
Ability - Line/Knockback
Range - 30
Cost - 60/75/90/105/125

Ability Two - Great Whites

Susanoo takes three great white sharks out of the ground & launches them at his enemies. If one great white hits the target then the next one will do additional damage + slow the target for a duration.

Slow duration - 2s/2.5s/3s/4s/5s (Each additional shark hit will add +0.5 seconds to the duration)
Cooldown - 18s/17s/16s/15s/14s
Damage - 45/80/105/150/205 + 30% of your magical power
Ability - Line/Slows
Range - 65
Cost - 70/80/90/100/105

Ability Three - Tornado Mania

Susanoo launches three tornados in front of him doing major damage & grabbing enemies nearby. If one of the tornados hit an enemy then the target will be swept away by the tornado/spinning around it for a duration doing additional damage per spin.

Duration of each spin - 0.3s/0.5s/0.8s/1s/2s
Cooldown - 14s
Damage (per spin) - 30/50/75/100/125 + 50% of your magical power
Ability - Line/Spins (New form of cc)
Range - 70
Cost - 50/60/70/80/100

Ability Four - Storm of the Seven Seas

Susanoo travels with the wind slicing his enemies. He'll do 6 quick side hits & for every successful side hit Susanoo does he'll do additional damage to the target on the 7th hit/when he lands doing major damage to the target. If the target is hit he'll be slowed for 0.3 seconds (raises higher as Susanoo stacks on his passive)

1st hit additional damage - 10/20/30/40/50 + 5% of your magical damage
2nd hit additional damage - 20/40/60/80/100 + 5% of your magical damage
3rd hit additional damage - 25/50/75/100/125 + 5% of your magical damage
4th hit additional damage - 30/60/90/120/150 + 5% of your magical damage
5th hit additional damage - 40/80/120/145/160 + 5% of your magical damage
6th hit additional damage - 50/95/125/150/175 + 5% of your magical damage

7th hit damage - 75/100/150/185/215 + 15% of your magical damage
Cooldown - 100s/85s/70s/65s/50s
Ability - Area/High single damage attack
Range - 105
Cost - 110

Z's Daily Message - Not the Bees

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 1, 2016 1:12pm | Report
So I'm going to say the concept is interesting as a lot looks like fun skills. However I'm missing a lot of stuff. a lot of the descriptions are vague and could use more explanation (in a spoiler).

also some BBC (as in colour certain things) would be nice.

let's start with the beginning:
It's that you placed the link for your ideas and that the pic looks like he is melee, next time I would add it.

lore and how he looks is pretty nice (didn't read the lore though as that's information gathering etc.)

And well now you jump into skills, however I would have liked some base stats and scaling (a lot of people don't do it but this can be really important as giving him a too high mana pool or something can make him broken)
I'm also gonna leave this thread here. it contains a table (bit outdated) of god base stats.

his passive pretty nice could how strong it's going to be is something that needs to be tested though.

1- Here is where extra explanation is needed. so it knock backs people into it, I have no idea how I need to picture this. also makes the damage numbers vague. and lastly a knockback doesn't have a duration but a distance (same counts for a knock up only the distance is set in msot cases). Also the range is pretty short IMO

2- also needs more explaination but is less vague. How do the sharkes fire at the same time after each other with a delay? will it pass through minions. and I'm missing numbers for bonus damage on extra shark hit and the strength of the slow. also could be me but I do find that his CD are pretty high for early game.

3- bit the same as his 2nd skill, how do they fire? I assume the spin is like gettign hit by a merc 3.

4- needs more info on how it works and several number fixes. it's an area? what sort of Cone circle (range is pretty big for a circle) And that late game CD is really low for an ult imo. with full cdr he can do it every 30 seconds.

Also something else which is more OCD and I'm known to ***** about (as it's a code thing). It's about the base damage/mana cost/CD scalings. They should be even. like you did in your ult CD or the first 5 hits of the ult. and not something that increases random. I don't know if you ever took a good look at them but all gods (I don't believe they released something not following it) have it this way. Why you might ask?
Well it has to do with coding. A lot of stuff goes by calculations. This meand there is a formula. we see it as it scales 10/20/30/40/50 + 5% of your magical damage. But the code is
y=0+10xlvl+ Power*5%

y is the total damage
0 is base amount. In case of something like 50/60/70/80/90 there is a color=#ffffff]40[/color] base)
10xlvl the difference with which it scales times lvl
Power*5% the % scaling

these sort of formula's are used. I'm also going to give away the note that the formula you see on smite wiki for stats is sort of easy to misinterpreted. it gives you the base number of the formula so the real base stats is the number given+ the scaling (see the ability formula without the power part) I noticed this and had a discussion about it with Prism once when we looked at Chang'e base stats. after this we checked it in smite itself to make sure.

Hopefully you can do something with my critisism. I do find the skills nice (the 3 if I fully know how it works)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 1, 2016 1:18pm | Report
eh, I usually don't do base stats tho I'll try to include them in the future post.

1st ability water pulse is basically you getting stuck inside water/you pulse water put & you get knocked back while you're inside the water

2nd ability - three ground target on sharks that don't penetrate through minions. (launches at different times)

3rd ability I don't know what's there's to explain. Basically, you're launching tornadoes which grab you, spins you around, & then you get flung aside/knocked up/etc go read the rest of the ability (can't really explain that good outside of what I've already written. you're basically launching three tornadoes in front of you that grabs enemies nearby & flings them/knocks them up. sorry for the inconvenience)

also, thanks for the formula. that'll help improve my concepts.

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » February 1, 2016 1:53pm | Report
By the sound of it 1 is a new kind of cc too still the 2 damage the on hit is when you get hit but the second one on blow is when it ends?

okay that's clear

I can kinda imagine it you get grabbed and the tornado takes you with it (carries you) while getting merc 3d effect and at the end it throws you away a bit.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 1, 2016 5:23pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

By the sound of it 1 is a new kind of cc too still the 2 damage the on hit is when you get hit but the second one on blow is when it ends?

okay that's clear

I can kinda imagine it you get grabbed and the tornado takes you with it (carries you) while getting merc 3d effect and at the end it throws you away a bit.

Yeah, 2 new mechanics. Just imagine you releasing 3 tornadoes in front of you while getting hit by one/getting spun around three times + flung. This was for a "new mechanics/form of cc" contest. Should've explained it was a new form of cc.

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Crimson Nevaeh » February 21, 2016 6:55pm | Report
It looks promising.. But sharks... Really? No offense. ^_^ An when you think a furious storm, what do you think of? Lightning, wind, rain; but on a chaotic scale. Much like a hurricane.

I tip my hat to you for using Warriors Orrochi 3 Susano'o for the picture; the one from that game ia kind of the ideal Susano'o. In my opinion at least, which is why I prefer your concept over all the others I've seen. It's 1'st, 3'rd, an 4'th skills, I believe, are inspired by that game. Just would be nice to have a lighting based ability somewhere in there.

Crimson Nevaeh

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zelvios » February 23, 2016 11:38am | Report

It looks promising.. But sharks... Really? No offense. ^_^ An when you think a furious storm, what do you think of? Lightning, wind, rain; but on a chaotic scale. Much like a hurricane.

I tip my hat to you for using Warriors Orrochi 3 Susano'o for the picture; the one from that game ia kind of the ideal Susano'o. In my opinion at least, which is why I prefer your concept over all the others I've seen. It's 1'st, 3'rd, an 4'th skills, I believe, are inspired by that game. Just would be nice to have a lighting based ability somewhere in there.

Out of all the sea creatures I prefer great whites because they're the kings of the oceans. Most of the abilities I thought of on my own while watching other MOBAs such as LoL, Dota 2, Strife, etc. I couldn't think of any lightning ability that'd fit him.

Zelvios

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Proleg » March 3, 2016 12:49am | Report
Nice ideas, didn't know there was a new form of CC. Seems really fun ^_^

Proleg

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }