Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

surtur, lord of muspell

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » surtur, lord of muspell 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by melbein » December 17, 2014 8:11pm | Report
It would make since him be a warrior cause in mythology he does use a flaming sword.

melbein

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » December 24, 2014 12:04pm | Report
melbein wrote:

Well this is a nice idea for the norse. First whoever thinks Surtur was before Ymir is dead wrong cause all giants and most if not all norse gods decended from Ymir. Is this a warrior or assassin.

I believe I am right to say that Surtr came before Ymir. In ginnungagap there was niflheim (I believe) and muspelheim where Surtr lived, when both mixed they began to form Ymir.After all Surtr is one of the only if not the only fire giant in Norse mythology, most other giants are frost or regular normal ones, so how would Surtr come from Ymir?

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » December 25, 2014 10:04am | Report

I believe I am right to say that Surtr came before Ymir. In ginnungagap there was niflheim (I believe) and muspelheim where Surtr lived, when both mixed they began to form Ymir.

You are correct in this aspect, but there doesn't seem to be any mention as to whether or not Surtr himself is older. It's possible that he was born after Ymir and his death, or he could have lived in Muspel before his creation. It could go either way.
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by melbein » December 28, 2014 9:30pm | Report
Lol. A fiery giant can be stealthly. Remember the assassins are all about movement and quick kills move on. You can make him an assassin with some really quick dash moves and DOT (damage over time) and get nice kill almost like Agni.

melbein

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by melbein » December 28, 2014 9:37pm | Report
Well in norse mythology it saids that Ymir is the first and father giant to the other giants. Ymir was not just a frost but a giant many times bigger then others like the greek titans. The fires of muspelheim where surtr lives doesn't mean that surtr was alive at that particular time but means like lava under the earth exist to melt into ymir. Norse and all mythology is weird lol.

melbein

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }