Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Scáthach

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Scáthach 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Appollosnos » October 5, 2013 7:23pm | Report
Pantheon: Irish/Celtic

Lore: Scathach is a figure in the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology. She is a legendary Scottish warrior woman and martial arts teacher who trains the legendary Ulster hero Chulainn in the arts of combat. Texts describe her homeland as Scotland (Alpae); she is especially associated with the Isle of Skye, where her residence (Fort of Shadows) stands.

Passive: Concussion- Scathach basic attacks stun enemy for 1s. This effect can only happen to the same god once every 6-10s

Ability 1: Sweeping Kick
Scathach unleashes a low Sweeping Kick dealing 90/140/190/240/290+30% physical damage in a cone. Also slows enemy gods by 20% for 2 seconds

Ability 2: Pole Vault(may sound weird, but she trained heroes how to pole vaults to assault forts)
Scathach jumps using a Pole dealing and extra 10/20/30/35 +10% physical power on her next 2 basic attacks

Ability 3: Disarm
Scathach disarms the enemy god crippling them for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 seconds doing 20% of Physical power as damage

Ultimate Gae Bulg
Scathach casts (a throw) the mighty spear Gae Bulg into an enemy dealing 300+100% physical power base damage with a bleed dealing 15/20/25/30 per second over 10 seconds
( a side note to the bleed for the Gae Bulg. the Gae Bulg is a spear with 7 heads having 7 barbs on each head. According to the tales the spear could only be removed from a man by cutting away the flesh. Due to this I decided on a bleed instead of base damage.)

Scathach basic attack would be melee with the animations being punches to go off of the martial arts background for her.

As to the role for her when coming up with the idea I ended up basing it off of the idea of making
Scathach a warrior(bruiser) Anyways I hope you guys like the idea, thank you for looking it over

Appollosnos

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 5, 2013 7:29pm | Report
seems very assassin-y, and not bruiser-y. The Pole-Vault especially makes the kit act as an assassin's, and with the cripple, the slow and the stun she has a lot of killing potential. maybe it's just me, but assassin just seems more viable. What makes her tank or even bruiser build appealing compared to all-damage?

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Appollosnos » October 5, 2013 7:34pm | Report

seems very assassin-y, and not bruiser-y. The Pole-Vault especially makes the kit act as an assassin's, and with the cripple, the slow and the stun she has a lot of killing potential. maybe it's just me, but assassin just seems more viable. What makes her tank or even bruiser build appealing compared to all-damage?

When reading about her I got the idea of good damage and everything but there was also the press from a more sustained combat impression I got when assassins tend to be very squishy although I would not be opposed to the idea of her being an assassin. If she was to be made an assassin would her damage have to change from the abilities or do you think its good as is?

Appollosnos

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 5, 2013 10:08pm | Report
Gah! No stun! No stun! *foams at the mouth*

Even if its just 15%, a 15% chance of a free 1 second stun is ridiculous. Everyone would build attack speed and chainstun you to death.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » October 5, 2013 11:03pm | Report
Well you could keep the stun, but say that you can only stun the same person once every 10 seconds? So it isn't a chain stun.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Appollosnos » October 6, 2013 4:36am | Report
Edited the passive a bit to try to reduce the chance of chain stuns

Appollosnos

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 6, 2013 4:38am | Report
yeah, the chain stun was why I said assassin. And the problem with sustained combat is the amount of chase and damage potential she has. Herc, for example, can sustain a combat through his heal and pull. This lady can jump at you, stun you with bonus damage after she jumps and then slow you and cripple you.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Appollosnos » October 6, 2013 6:58am | Report
A question on the passive, in order to keep it from just chaining stuns on people the reduction to once every 8 seconds, does this reduce the passive to being almost lackluster or does it match up well in the sense of being viable?

Appollosnos

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » October 6, 2013 9:31am | Report
The passive is too much of luckiness, I suggest doing this

Passive : Scathach basic attacks stun enemy for 1s. This effect can only happen to the same god once every 6-10s (not sure)

This will make it more reliable like udyr's bear form from LoL

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Appollosnos » October 6, 2013 10:50am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

The passive is too much of luckiness, I suggest doing this

Passive : Scathach basic attacks stun enemy for 1s. This effect can only happen to the same god once every 6-10s (not sure)

This will make it more reliable like udyr's bear form from LoL

I like that a lot, as that currently stands it could be slightly OP. Say you were in a team fight with Scathach. You initiat with Pole Vault then either use either Sweeping Kick to slow or Disarm to cripple one or more of the opponents, then using your basic attack you can theoretically stun every enemy in the teamfight then just keep rotating through them, letting your passive cool off. So maybe instead over to the same god just make it occur every 7-9 seconds.

Appollosnos

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }