Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[S180] Fenrir, the Unbound

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [S180] Fenrir, the Unbound 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 27, 2014 2:00am | Report
As for the brutalize, the problem is that it then becomes the kind of skill that you center your entire kit around.

Er, think of it like Ronan's Bolt. It's a very, very strong skill, but it's allowed to be that strong - stronger than Moya's Bolt - because his entire kit is based off that skill. If, say, his On the House dealt strong damage, or perhaps his ultimate got a damage buff, or something like that, he'd quickly become too strong to handle. (Alternative examples, Heartstrike (Viridian), Fool's Fire (Lillin), Silver Bolts (Vayne), Siphoning Strike (Nasus).)

I need the consistency from Brutalize so I can balance his kit across the board without making his non-brutalize skills insignificant. Or the inverse, I don't want to give him things like an autoattack reset while also giving him a potentially massive nuke.

For example, let's say it dealt current Fenrir's damage with max runes, and half damage otherwise. It would become a worthless damage skill at half damage, forcing players to always use it with runes when using it for damage. All uses beside the buffed one will be completely inferior, making it a gated skill - exactly what I wanted to avoid with him and Cupid, on top of restricting player options, and NOT in a good way.

The reverse of this would be something like 50% more damage with runes and equal damage without. The problem with this one, again, is not only that full runes would be stupidly overpowered, but there would still be no point in leveling it, since it already does its job just fine at 100% runes. Most of the time it won't even be necessary and the few times you're willing to forgo a stun for more damage will just make the skill overpowered.

The inverse, on the other hand, making it all balanced and moderate, sounds nice, yeah? Let's say Brutalize dealt 15% more damage with max runes, and 85% without. It would again cease to be a decision, since the difference between the two is so small, and the bonus for maxing runes so insignificant, that, well, it's just bad design. There's virtually no difference between the two.

The first example would be acceptable if I were centralizing the kit around this, but, I'm not.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 3, 2014 6:28pm | Report
Can I simply suggest that you make the CC immunity only a few kinds? Like, make him immune to knock-ups, Knock-backs and silences maybe? I realize that the crazy amount of stuns in the game makes this sound silly, but there does need to be a counterplay option for an attack that does that amount of damage.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 3, 2014 6:49pm | Report

Can I simply suggest that you make the CC immunity only a few kinds? Like, make him immune to knock-ups, Knock-backs and silences maybe? I realize that the crazy amount of stuns in the game makes this sound silly, but there does need to be a counterplay option for an attack that does that amount of damage.

I think this is too unviable, considering how most mages either have a stun, a root/cripple, or a cripple. It would only be screwing over a specific portion of gods that are already shafted, IMO.

But you did give me an idea.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 3, 2014 6:50pm | Report
and that is...?

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 3, 2014 10:16pm | Report
As promised, I prettied it up! Now it is truly ready for the competition.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }