Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMSEP13] Vidar, God of Vengeance (Norse)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMSEP13] Vidar, God of Vengeance (Norse) 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 25, 2013 1:52am | Report
God: Vidar (Norse)
Role: Carry
Type: Physical, Ranged (Spear Throwing)
Pros: High Single Target Damage, High crowd control

Appearance (Art WIP)
- Young
- Heavy Boots
- Heavy Gauntlets
- Tall
- Throwing Spears on his back.
- Old runic sword like Freya in sheath, with a face, that speaks instead of Vidar.
- Psychopathic look
- Dirty Hair

Quick Sketch

Lore:
Son of Odin and a Jotunn (gaint), during Ragnarok, he will kill Fenrir to avenge his father, by holding Fenrirs mouth open, while he stabs at his hearth. He will be mute until he got his revenge.

Stats:
- Health: 405 (+71)
- Health Regen: 7 (+0.7)
- Mana: 240 (+40)
- Mana Regen: 5 (+0.5)
- Magic Protection: 30 (+0.9)
- Physical Protection: 20 (+3)
- Movement Speed: 365 (+0)
- Attacks/Second: 0.9 (+0.01)
- Physical Power: 36 (+2.3)

Passive: Vengeance
When a friendly god dies in the area, Vidar does 12.5% more damage for 5 seconds.
- max stacks: 4 (50%)
- Radius: 100

Skill 1: Retaliation Spears
When Vidar toggles this ability on, his basic attack deal extra damage against enemies for each kill those gods have.
- Ability: Buff
- Affects: Self
- Damage Bonus for each kill the enemy god has: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 extra physical damage
- Max damage bonus by this skill: 100 extra physical damage (=20 kills)
- Cost: 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 mana per throw
- Cooldown: 5 seconds

Skill 2: Dodge
Vidar does a quick dodge in the direction he is running. This dodge just increases his movement speed for a split second to 1000 (without any CC effects).
- Ability: Buff (direction determined by in the direction he is running)
- Effects: Self
- Distance: 12
- Cost: 25
- Cooldown: 16 / 13 / 10 / 7 / 4 seconds.

Skill 3: Jotunn Stomp
Vidar stomps on the ground, knocking back all enemies and dealing damage.
- Ability: Area
- Affects: Enemies
- Damage Type: Physical
- Radius: 15
- Damage: 50 / 75 / 100 / 125 / 150 (+75% physical power)
- Cost: 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105
- Cooldown: 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 / 8 seconds

Skill 4 (Ult): Retribution
Vidar pulls out his sword, he becomes furious and runs runs at massive speed, grabbing the first enemy God he hits. He can still turn and change direction while in this speed boost. He then stuns that enemy and does a stab at the heart, dealing massive damage. After this retribution ends.
During this, he is immune to crowd control.
The cooldown is reduced for each friendly god dying near Vidar.
- Ability: Buff
- Affects: Self
- Movement Speed Bonus: 10% / 20% / 30% / 40% / 50%
- Damage Type: Physical
- Damage: 75*each kill that enemy has(max 20 kills) (+100% physical power)
- Duration: 6 seconds
- Cost: 150
- Cooldown: 120 seconds (-30 seconds when a friendly god dies in the radius)
- Radius: 100

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 25, 2013 6:11am | Report
while I have some small problems, this is the best concept you've made friend!
My one thing is that there's no damage scaling per level, so there's no real reason to buy the 1 and 2 past the first level. Otherwise, it's all good!

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 25, 2013 7:03am | Report

while I have some small problems, this is the best concept you've made friend!
My one thing is that there's no damage scaling per level, so there's no real reason to buy the 1 and 2 past the first level. Otherwise, it's all good!

Well the first and second are more for the stuns then for the damage really, so the decrease of cooldown, will make them more spammy skills. Like the one with 4 seconds, in total that is 3 stuns every 8 seconds, with one longer time, so 3,6 seconds stun in total. Which means, almost half of the fight the enemy isn't doing anything. Combine that with his Ultimate, where he also has a chance to stun, makes a very, VERY, good control unit.

Ow yea, it's also based on Ne Zha, and Ne Zha is a carry, and appears to do enough damage with his skills, even while the damage doesn't scale.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 25, 2013 7:12am | Report
The skills don't seem to fit a carry
The passive seems to strong when you are fed. You don't even need crit anymore

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 25, 2013 7:23am | Report
Sounds more like a Bruiser to me. I don't know, maybe because most Norse gods are bruisers.

I also don't like the idea of ''Buff'' ultimates, they are really underpowered on SMITE. Perhaps you could do a true ultimate? Like stabbinb at the enemies heart, or something like that? Aside from this, sounds a good concept. Good luck in the competition!

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 25, 2013 7:58am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

The skills don't seem to fit a carry
The passive seems to strong when you are fed. You don't even need crit anymore

What's the complete definition of a carry?
Killing the enemies at late game? (assassin?) Helping your time (support?) Help your time survive (tank?)
IDK really

I always seen them as simply, good at late game, mostly as killers.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 25, 2013 8:02am | Report
Dark Jaw wrote:

Sounds more like a Bruiser to me. I don't know, maybe because most Norse gods are bruisers.

I also don't like the idea of ''Buff'' ultimates, they are really underpowered on SMITE. Perhaps you could do a true ultimate? Like stabbinb at the enemies heart, or something like that? Aside from this, sounds a good concept. Good luck in the competition!

Yeah, i suddenly have the image, of him become superspeed and pissed off, and during this rush, if he charges an enemy, he grabs them, picks them up, still pissed off, and does several stab in the heart. Like gears of war bajonet charging.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 25, 2013 8:04am | Report
well, he'd probably need to be more based on, say, Apollo, as Nez is an assassin, not and ADC

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 25, 2013 8:53am | Report
No carry should have that many stuns. Nor should anybody, this kit is the most annoying thing to face, his whole kit is a chain-stun. And to be able to do double damage to someone is over-powered. Edit that so the highest cap is around 5.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 25, 2013 8:56am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

No carry should have that many stuns. Nor should anybody, this kit is the most annoying thing to face, his whole kit is a chain-stun. And to be able to do double damage to someone is over-powered. Edit that so the highest cap is around 5.

I call Anhur for that amount of CC.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }