Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[RMDEC13] Skadi, godess of the Hunt and Winter

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [RMDEC13] Skadi, godess of the Hunt and Winter 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 6, 2013 11:00am | Report

Lore:

Skadi is the godess of Winter and Snow of the norse mythology. She is the daughter of Thiazi, who was killed by the norse gods. To get her compensation, she asked the gods for 2 favours. First Skadi wanted a husband and second she wanted them to make her laugh. She then was allowed to choose her husband only by looking at their feet and Loki made her laugh with... weird things with a goat.. something with his testicals.. don't ask..
Well, after all Odin, the allfather, took the two eyes of Skadis father and threw them into the sky, making them stars.

Smite:

Role:
In Smite, Skadi is a ranged Meele (aka Hunter) god.

Passive: Winter's grim

Lonely due to her grim, Skadis heart becomes cold and her physical and magical defense increases for 30 points. For every friendly god within 30 feet, she loses 6 protection points and gains 2 for every enemy god within 30 feet.
Radius: 35

First: Venom Snake

Skadi throws venom snakes in a straight line. All enemy gods being hit get a snake on their head biting them once and then damaging them over time

Lore

Ability: Straight line (something between Mucens bees and Apollos Note)
Damage: 60/110/160/210/260 (+60% physical)
Dot: 10/20/30/40/50 (+15% physical)
Lifetime: 6 seconds, ticks every 1,5 seconds
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12
Manacost: 70/75/80/85/90

Second: Laughing Maiden

Skadi bursts out in crystal clear laugher, increasing her damage for. Also she draws attention from all gods in a cone, so they move slower for a short duration.

Lore

Ability: Cone
Physical Power buff: 15/25/35/45/55
Slow: 20%
Cooldown: 14s
Duration Slow: 4s
Duration Buff: 8s
Manacost: 60/65/70/75/80

Third: Frosty feet

Skadi slides forward on her frosty feet through all enemies. Enemies being hit are damaged from ice spikes on her feet.

Lore

Ability: leap
Damage: 70/110/150/190/250 (+70% phys)
Cooldown: 13s
Manacost: 75

Ultimate: Father's eyes

The eyes of Skadis father shine as stars above the sky, clearing the fog of war on the whole map. Skadi also rides on a snowstorm up to the eyes, being able to hit her basic attacks on a small area over the whole map, applying all item effects.

Lore

Target: Global
Damagecontribution to basic attacks: 60%
Basic attacks groundtarget area radius: 20
Lifetime: 6s
Cooldown: 110/105/100/95/90
Manacost: 60/70/80/90/100 +5 per shot

______________________________________________________________________________________

Pros
-Good mobility
-Good at chasing (slowaura + damage buff in one ability)
-Good sustain when alone
-High basic attack damage
-Global Ult

Cons
-Passive makes her weaker in teamfights
-Difficult to hit Ultimate
-Lower protections in teamfights

Any comments are welcome! Be gentle, my first god creation :o

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » December 7, 2013 1:00am | Report
Passive: Quite original, i must say
Remove the scaling enemy gods grant and reduce the amount of protections loewred by freidnly gods to 5.

1: Venom Strike
I think it's too powerful, considering the intial damage which is almost like Apollo's So Beautiful and the dot after that and the final level cooldown of 10 seconds.

2: Laughing Miaden
No problem here, just forgot the duration of buff/slow

3: Friost Feet
Similar to The Moves but I don't think that's a problem.

4: Father's Eyes
Damage per tick (30 without the % bonus damage added from physical power)x(duration-5/0.1=50)=30x50=1500 damage without the bonus of the precentage of youyr physical power. That's too poewrful, remember, she's a hunter, not a mage.

I'd suggesst making it so that you can see everything from all lines of sight for a certain duration thanks to his eyes and nerf the damage. Plus the way you target the enemy god should change, you can't just choose an enemy god and inflict them 1500 damage without any way of dodging it except Aegis Amulet (neith ult is similar indeed but you can try and avoid lines of sight or body block it, athena ult you need to stand near it).

Some nice idea here and there, just remember that she's an ADC, her main damage is from here basic auto attacks.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 7, 2013 1:51am | Report
Valid points here!

Well the passive was designed to make her passive a bit more useful in 5v5. I have to think about a better scaling. Maybe I gonna remove the enemy effect, gonna think about it ;)

I rescaled my 1 a bit, it wa too much damage in total. I increased the cooldown and lowered the overall damage.

Well Apollos dash knockes them up. I scaled the damage up a bit because I wanted her to have another damage ability, but she has to screw her escape for it.

Yeah, kind of misscalculated the Ult. It should be better damagewise now. Also I'm thinking about changing the targeter for the damage. Maybe something like freyas ult from the height of Thor's ult (you controle the eyes directly). Gonna edit it this evening ;)

Greetings and thank you for the comment =) Keep it coming

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Jordenito » December 7, 2013 3:01am | Report
Actually now that I think about it you can make your ult kinda like ne zzha's, in the sense that you take an enemy god to the skies and let y our father observe him and do stuff to him.

My Guides

If you want me to review your guide, or need help and tips, make sure to P.M me. I'll be happy to do so.

Jordenito
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (66)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 7, 2013 3:46am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

Actually now that I think about it you can make your ult kinda like ne zzha's, in the sense that you take an enemy god to the skies and let y our father observe him and do stuff to him.

Mh, I wanted to create smoething new. Maybe a winter storm that threws Skadi up to the eyes of her father from where she can do basic attacks (with some damage bonus) to a groundtarget in the size of.. Freyas Ult or sth.

I kind of like that idea. The eyes are for the damagebuff on her basic attacks and the missing fog of war. Gonna change it. How do you like the new Ult?

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » December 7, 2013 9:14am | Report
Jordenito wrote:

in the sense that you take an enemy god to the skies and let y our father observe him and do stuff to him.

Because that doesn't sound pervy. Lol

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » December 7, 2013 9:39am | Report
Not everything has to be directly from the lore, you know. For example, you never see Hercules becomes stronger the more damage he takes in the myths, but that's become his signature trait in this game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 8, 2013 1:50am | Report
Yeah I don't have to, but I like iot a lot! Her "frosty feet" are only in the lore because there are "feet" in it^^

I like gods who are 100% Lore thou :)

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 10, 2013 4:23am | Report
Update: Since my Photoshop still doesn`t work, I used some work-time to create at least a bit ;)

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vaeldyn » December 19, 2013 2:08am | Report
Update:
-Added Manacosts
-Visual improvements
-Added Ability-radius
-Photoshop still not working

Vaeldyn

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }