Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Raijin, god of lightning (very different from Zeus/Thor)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Raijin, god of lightning (very different from Zeus/Thor) 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 2, 2013 1:10am | Report
Raijin GOD OF LIGHTNING

Omg, i loved my own idea, masterpiece, i know, there is too much lightning/thunder already, but this god is very different, very interesting, take a look. EDIT 1: ok maybe not that different from zeus, but his hole and effect is very different, the similarity is an ilusion.

Melee, physical, assassin.
Pros: Potentially high CC, good mobility.
Cons: Difficult to hit skills, low defense.

Passive: Thunderfists

Raijin fists are pure lightning, every third attack apllies SHOCKED, doing ADITIONAL magic damage and decreasing target protections (cumulative), directly affects Skill 1
-Duration: 5s
-Damage: 30 (+10% magical power)
-Protection penalty: 10 (up to 3 stacks)

Active 1: Lightningbolt

When activated, Raijin immediatley blink to the nearest target affected by SHOCKED as a thunder, stunning the god and dealing damage. can be used many times, once in each god (until cd over), only affects gods.
-Damage: 100/125/150/175/200 (+20% magical power) (+20% of physical power)
-Stun: 0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9/1s
-Cooldown: 15s (by god)
-Manacost: 80/85/90/95/100

EDIT 1

2: Eletric armor

Covers himself with lightning, increasing movement and attack speed, next attack will apply shocked.
-Cast time: 0.5s
-Movement bonus: 30/35/40/45/50%
-Movement duration: 2.5s
-Attack speed bonus: 5/10/15/20/25%
-Attack speed durations: 5s
-Cooldown: 12s
-Manacost: 65/70/75/80/85

EDIT 1

Optional 2: Eletric link

Raijin creates a link between him and his target (enemy), stealing movement and attack speed also aplying shock after 3s (stacking each 3s), can be broken with distance
-Duration: 9s
-Movement steal/second: 5%
-Attack speed steal/second: 2.5%
-Range: 50
-Cooldown: 22s

3: Ascend

Raijin takes a form of a raising thunder, going to the skies, retreating from the map, becoming invunerable to all forms of attack or skills.
After the duration, he comes back also as a thunder, applying SHOCKED on every enemy god in a small radius.
-Duration: 0.5/1/1.5/1.75/2s
-Radius: 10 (SHOCKED)
-Cooldown: 10s
-Manacost: 70/65/60/55/50

Ultimate: Raijin starts to channel a massive lightning force, after 3s (can't move), he blats a destructive wave, damaging enemies in range, applying SHOCKED.
-Damage: 300/400/500/600/700 (+80% magical power)
-Channel time: 3s
-Cooldown: 100s
-Manacost: 110/120/130/140/150

Idea: Making an assassin melee magical tipe of god, he main skill is lightning bolt based on SHOCKED, being abble to CC and have some mobility, he can use up to 5 times (5 gods), being a very good skill, great combo with his ult (needs contribuition with team to hit), few stun time due his OPness.
Shocked is quite hard to apply, he needs to get close to the target hitting it 3 times. Be hit with eletric armor, it would not be hard to apply shocked with this skill, but with the cast time cause enemy gods to choose not hit him or stop an attack, waiting to skill finish (few seconds) <- REWORKED, or his ultimate, which is also hard to hit, it doesn't slows like Ymir's, it does much less damage than Ymir's, because it would be very OP with Lightningbolt.
Ascend is a skill based on puck/bubbles, giving him a little survival.

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 2, 2013 3:24am | Report
Wow, I'm actually really impressed with this. You should be proud of this, but allow me to give you some constructive critisism.

First off, you should probably turn him into a physical melee assassin. Magical melee assassins are pretty hard to work with, considering basic attacks with magics are fairly weak and pointless. And you say it is very different from Zues/Thor, different as it may be but I wouldn't say very different. The passive is actually really similar to Zues's Overcharge for obvious reasons, but other than that it seems fine. Maybe change penalty to 10 maybe?

Lightingbolt seems fine, However a 20s cooldown seems far too long. maybe 11, possibly up to 15, but 20? and im also afraid of the distance. You say the nearest enemy applied with shock, yet that can apply if the enmy was on the other side of the map, considering if noone else was applied with SHOCKED. Maybe the closest god within a 30/40 radius maybe?

Ah yes, another skill similar to Zues. Seems fine, though pointless. A speed buff could help you, but with no protection and it applies shock which can be used with Lightingbolt seems really pointless, maybe fine another way to apply SHOCKED?

With Ascend you just put the mana cost scale backwards buddy. C:

I like the ultimate, though the scaling should be removed, no point in having 80% additional magic power isnt needed if you got a max of 700 damage.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 2, 2013 8:00am | Report
Thx for the response, real helpfull, actually, 30 min after i posted, i saw how it "looked like" zeus, but its just looks, the effect is different.

I increased the penalty of passive.

The problem with magical melee assassins is probably due the lack of itens, probably better to put physical.

The high cooldown from lightnint bolt is cause can be very op, if u be abble to shock all the enemy team, but i decreased to 15s, about the radius, shocked only lasts 5s, this should be enough to have a safe distance, but still able to a cool tower dive, maybe 4s is ideal, but i think it is fine.

Ascend is based on puck/bubbles from dota/hon, the mana cost is also decreased, the intention is to be a high cost at early levels, although he would be very boring to play versus, he would scape all skills.

The third skill wasn't my best work, i'll think something better, oh, i had a idea right now.

About the ultimate, i didn't really understood what u said about the magical power.

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 2, 2013 9:41am | Report
What the poop is SHOCKED?!?!?!?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 2, 2013 9:47am | Report
Shocked is his version of overcharge (no offense), it applies a shock charge so he can use his skill key 1.

And my friend, about that Ultimate, the +80% magical power. That like 700 plus (lets say his magical power was 210) 169 equalling 869 magic damage! I think it should be reduced.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 2, 2013 9:54am | Report
Ok i can decrease but...Ymir is +200%, and its 1200 lvl 5, hercules is +100% (800), ao kuang is 120% (800), all aoe ultimates, and raijin would be the hardest to hit...i dont think it is too high.

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 4, 2013 7:06am | Report
Passive: Zeusability much? Still not bad

Ability 1: Hehehehehe cant wait :3

Ability 2: So the first one is Zeuss ability and the second one is Razor ripoff? Still! Smite needs a attackspeed leaching champ desperately

Ability 3: NEEDS NERF NOW! Its like a thor/ apollo ultimate!

Ulti:Good Idea!
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 4, 2013 8:20am | Report

Passive: Zeusability much? Still not bad

Ability 1: Hehehehehe cant wait :3

Ability 2: So the first one is Zeuss ability and the second one is Razor ripoff? Still! Smite needs a attackspeed leaching champ desperately

Ability 3: NEEDS NERF NOW! Its like a thor/ apollo ultimate!

Ulti:Good Idea!

thx for response.
2 is based on razor's, his steal damage, and mantains it after finished.

3 he returns to the same spot after 2s, i dont think it needs nerf, it's like a self banish, but i can increase cooldown and decrease time ascended if u guys think it is op.

Khaldron

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » July 4, 2013 9:17am | Report
I think he's a little too strong to be honest, and a lot of people would probably just build him physical power because of the amount of stuns that he has. For example:

Electric Link>Electric Armor>Lightning Bolt would be everything he needs in order to take out almost any other physical god as Electric Link steals movement speed and attack speed, and also stuns every third seconds for a maximum of three times. He then goes up with Electric Armor which increases his movement speed and attack speed even further which at this point would be, with just these abilities, 25% + 2.5 every second for 9 seconds, it also has a long range which makes it impossible for the enemy to escape because of his Electric Armor which gives 50% movement speed, which is just too high, not only would the enemies not being able to escape, but they would also not be able to hunt him down either. His Ascend is way too powerful too, as it's just a 10 second cooldown, letting him escape any kind of CC brought upon him at any time, a free Aegis Amulet every 10 second pretty much.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Khaldron » July 4, 2013 9:36am | Report
Piederman wrote:

I think he's a little too strong to be honest, and a lot of people would probably just build him physical power because of the amount of stuns that he has. For example:

Electric Link>Electric Armor>Lightning Bolt would be everything he needs in order to take out almost any other physical god as Electric Link steals movement speed and attack speed, and also stuns every third seconds for a maximum of three times. He then goes up with Electric Armor which increases his movement speed and attack speed even further which at this point would be, with just these abilities, 25% + 2.5 every second for 9 seconds, it also has a long range which makes it impossible for the enemy to escape because of his Electric Armor which gives 50% movement speed, which is just too high, not only would the enemies not being able to escape, but they would also not be able to hunt him down either. His Ascend is way too powerful too, as it's just a 10 second cooldown, letting him escape any kind of CC brought upon him at any time, a free Aegis Amulet every 10 second pretty much.

Thx for response brother, but u got a little confused, eletric armor and eletric link doesn't coexist, link is an option for those who didn't liked the armor, also, shocked doesn't stun, it only does little damage and reduces enemy protections, the stun is from lightningbolt, and it can't stun the same god within 15s...

Khaldron

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }