Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nemesis, the Goddess of Revenge (Melee Magical Assassin)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Nemesis, the Goddess of Revenge (Melee Magical Assassin) 9 posts - page 1 of 1

Poll Question:

Magical Assassins?
Yes
No
Maybe IDK
VOTE
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 17, 2014 4:06pm | Report
So basically this is test to see if we could have a close-mid range magical burstmage AKA an Assassin.
I noticed how we only have Melee Physical Assassins in the Assassin category, and I look to change that.
Who says Assassins had to use auto-attacks for their damage?
Without further ado,

Passive - Give What is Due
Enemies who attack Nemesis within 10 seconds of her passive coming off cooldown are Marked for Vengeance. Nemesis' other abilities will consume the mark for bonus effects on each of her abilities. Can only occur every 25 seconds.

Ability One
- Divine Retribution (60/70/80 mana, 7 second cooldown)
Nemesis thrusts her sword in front of her, dealing 90/145/200/255/310 (+80% of your magical power) to the first enemy god hit. If the target is Marked for Vengeance, Nemesis may recast the ability before it goes on cooldown to deal 90/145/200/255/310 (+50% of your magical power) magic damage. If Forgive and Forget is active, the range of the thrust is increased.

Ability Two - Winged Retaliation(70/80/90 mana, 11/12/13/14/15 second cooldown)
Nemesis quickly ascends (0.5 second ascension) then sweeps target moveable area with her sword (If you've ever played LoL, think Aatrox Dark Flight) dealing 60/80/90/150/190/210 (+60% of your magical power) magic damage. If Nemesis strikes an enemy god that is Marked for Vengeance within these next few seconds, Nemesis may cast Hourglass of Death, which is a free ability with an independent cooldown that slows the target for 10% each second for 3 seconds, then deals 6% of the target's missing health as true damage once the slow ends.

Ability Three - Forgive and Forget (40/50/60/70/80 mana, 10 second cooldown at all ranks)
Can be activated to give Nemesis's basic attacks increased range (to 45 range range) and deal 50% of her magical power every 3 attacks against the same target. If the target is Marked for Vengeance, the first 3rd attack will blink Nemesis behind her target if she and her target are facing each other, and in front of the target if the target is facing away from Nemesis.

Ultimate] - Griffin of Judgement (No Cost, 90 second cooldown)
Nemesis briefly takes the shape of a Griffin, then after a short delay releases an indiscriminate wave of pure hatred in a cone in front of her. This attack deals damage (370/450/530/610/690 +105% of Magical Power, damage reduced for each target hit, down to 50% of total damage). The enemies at the furthest edge of the cone are all Marked for Vengeance. If the target was already Marked, the Mark is refreshed and they are debuffed for 8 seconds. The Debuff is called Doomed, causing the target to keep their Mark for Vengeance when struck by an ability, rather than it being consumed.

Will edit, here's a rough draft. I just wanted to get it up on SmiteFire for the time.
Good luck in the Battlegrounds, feedback is much appreciated!

Edits-
1. Reduced scaling, increased mana cost, increased cooldown at all ranks on 1
2. Greatly reduced scaling on 3
3. Reworked passive
4. Nerfed ult - increased cooldown at all ranks, removed % health damage.
5. Reworked "Doomed"

Note - her 1 is like an instant short stab with her sword, hits everything in front of her. Nice and simple.

Note Note - She is melee normally, but her 3 gives her autoattack range somewhat in between melee and ranged.

Note Note Note - I just wanna say thank you for everyone who gave me feedback on this guide. It's hard to see where you've made mistakes that are absolutely dumb due to confirmation bias. Keep the words coming!

(Nemesis next week?)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 20, 2014 5:55pm | Report
Feedback?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 20, 2014 5:59pm | Report
I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll make sure to give feedback later.

But isn't nearly every mage in the game a burst mage? Anubis, Ao's ultimate, Agni, Hel, Freya, Vulcan, Zeus?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » January 20, 2014 7:43pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll make sure to give feedback later.

But isn't nearly every mage in the game a burst mage? Anubis, Ao's ultimate, Agni, Hel, Freya, Vulcan, Zeus?

I'd consider Vulcan, Freya and He Bo to be more sustained damage mages, with potential to burst.

Oh, Nu Wa and Poseidon is more sustained damage/ utility. Chronos is sustained damage. Isis, Chang'e and Hel fall under a support mage/ sustained damage category. Ra is a bit of everything, poke/ support/ burst.

A lot of them are, but there is definitely enough of all the other types, considering how many gods in total there are.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 20, 2014 9:04pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

I'd consider Vulcan, Freya and He Bo to be more sustained damage mages, with potential to burst.

Oh, Nu Wa and Poseidon is more sustained damage/ utility. Chronos is sustained damage. Isis, Chang'e and Hel fall under a support mage/ sustained damage category. Ra is a bit of everything, poke/ support/ burst.

A lot of them are, but there is definitely enough of all the other types, considering how many gods in total there are.

While Freya might be considered a sustained damage mage, there is no way Vulcan and He Bo are anything but burst mages. Both depend on dealing as much damage as possible in the shortest possible period of time, it's just that each "burst" has a fairly short cooldown.

And Poseidon and Hel are both burst mages. They both require being somewhat close to the target, and both have extremely high burst, Hel with her stance dance spam and Poseidon with his crazy ultimate. Poseidon just doesn't have enough reliable sustained damage to be considered as such, his Tidal Surge and Trident both require him to be in close range to hit (which clashes with the long range of his other abilities), and Tidal Surge is possibly the easiest skillshot to dodge in the game.

I agree with the rest though.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » January 21, 2014 12:14am | Report
Interesting passive, but I think that you should scale down the effect and make it proc all the time. It's incredibly annoying to have a passive that only works some of the time. But this is your choice, really.

Her one...is it an area attack? Is it a single-target effect, like Preemptive Strike, or more like Soul Reap? I'm confused. But the double hit is very nice, and I think it's just the right amount of damage for a burst mage. Depending on the area and amount of targets, this could be pretty balanced.

About her two: In Smite, cooldowns don't get higher with rank. And I can see Hourglass as an excellent finisher, perhaps for tanks. But I think is is too easy to activate. Why not trigger Hourglass of Death only if you hit with Winged Retaliation itself? (Also, how does this work? Like a mini- Valkyrie's Discretion?

Her three feels like a wacky mix of Silver Bolts and Pulse. This is certainly interesting, but I feel that the blinking will cause a lot of shenanigans. (Also, 55 units is a ranged basic attack in Smite. Was this your intention?)

The ultimate is strange in how it doesn't scale with power. Tank Nemesis FTW. But I think this ultimate is kind of ridiculous, especially against squishy targets with low def. I think you should give this some base damage, then give the % of current health as additional damage. (Also, cooldowns are kind of short on the other end, don't you think?)

All in all, I'm kind of confused about some of the areas and other details, but you certainly created a unique god. I like it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CrystalStorm » January 21, 2014 9:59am | Report
Is she melee or ranged, because you wrote close-mid range so i don´t know what you mean.
I think she has a bit of everything (a slow,cripple,high area and single target damage,low cooldowns,low mana costs,high mobility and more) so it could use a bit of a change.

The passive is very interesting but i am not sure why you want to be hit if you are a mage(squishy)
And when you get 40% attack speed from your 3 and 55% more movement speed from the 2 when the passive is consumed you can not get away from her.That is just stupidly OP!!!!

I like the second hit too but i think its too much damage when you do 310 damage with your magical power, you can do 1000 damage easily with the scaling so high and the cooldown so low not speaking of the 40% slow.A little too much i guess.

The 2 is fine, I wanted to ask if you can double hit with it.

Um....... 100% magical power every third attack ?You know that you can easily get 1000 magical power in smite if you farm well.I would just get fatalis and doom orb and the game is done.

The cooldowns are weird.A 60 second cooldown for an AoE that does 70% of your current hp in magic damage.Yeah.......

But the idea of it is awesome.Just the numbers .
My favourite god are Aphrodite and Chang´e.My favourite Lol champions are Lux and Nami.My favourite Dawngate shaper is Amarynth.My favourite Dota 2 hero is Crystal Maiden.Yes i love Mobas

My Smite is IcepriestSK.
My LoL is CrystalStorm257.
My Dawngate is CrystalStormSK.

CrystalStorm

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » January 21, 2014 11:32am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Interesting passive, but I think that you should scale down the effect and make it proc all the time. It's incredibly annoying to have a passive that only works some of the time. But this is your choice, really.

Her one...is it an area attack? Is it a single-target effect, like Preemptive Strike, or more like Soul Reap? I'm confused. But the double hit is very nice, and I think it's just the right amount of damage for a burst mage. Depending on the area and amount of targets, this could be pretty balanced.

About her two: In Smite, cooldowns don't get higher with rank. And I can see Hourglass as an excellent finisher, perhaps for tanks. But I think is is too easy to activate. Why not trigger Hourglass of Death only if you hit with Winged Retaliation itself? (Also, how does this work? Like a mini- Valkyrie's Discretion?

Her three feels like a wacky mix of Silver Bolts and Pulse. This is certainly interesting, but I feel that the blinking will cause a lot of shenanigans. (Also, 55 units is a ranged basic attack in Smite. Was this your intention?)

The ultimate is strange in how it doesn't scale with power. Tank Nemesis FTW. But I think this ultimate is kind of ridiculous, especially against squishy targets with low def. I think you should give this some base damage, then give the % of current health as additional damage. (Also, cooldowns are kind of short on the other end, don't you think?)

All in all, I'm kind of confused about some of the areas and other details, but you certainly created a unique god. I like it.

Her 2 is like Dark Flight off Aatrox from LoL. A quick ascension then a dive down to target area.
I tweaked some numbers, tell me what you think!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » January 25, 2014 7:31am | Report
Bump, this is sexxx

SupaAPE

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }