Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kagutsuchi, Japanese God of Flame

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Kagutsuchi, Japanese God of Flame 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazzMcTazz » February 20, 2014 5:59pm | Report

Due to his lore, I was thinking of his character model being headless.

Kagutsuchi: God of Flame (Guardian)

Pros: High Crowd Control, High Defense
Cons: Low Mobility

Passive: Burning Will: The flame within Kagutsuchi is always burning and adapting. When hit by physical damage, the flames turn red, granting Kagutsuchi 1% of his maximum health back on his basic attacks. When hit by magical damage, the flames turn blue, granting Kagutsuchi .5% maximum mana back on his basic attacks.
Cooldown: 5s

Ability 1: Flame Slash: Kagutsuchi swings his Naginata in a thin but long cone in front of him with a burst of fire dealing 50/85/120/155/190(+60% magical damage) and silencing enemy gods for .8/1.1/1.4/1.7/2s.
Mana: 50/60/70/80/90
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds

Ability 2: Heated Rage: Kagutsuchi engulfs himself in flames, causing nearby enemies to take 20/30/40/50/60(+40% magical power) every 1s, enemies that take damage from Heated Rage are slowed by 25% for 1s. At the end of the duration, the flames are absorbed and heal Kagutsuchi for 50% of the total damage done over the duration. While Heated Rage is active, Kagutsuchi is immune to slow effects.
Duration: 5s
Mana: 40/55/70/85/100
Cooldown: 14 seconds

Ability 3: Judgement Fire: Kagutsuchi launches a ball of fire from his hand. When the ball makes contact with an enemy, it explodes dealing 60/100/140/180/220(+50% magical power), enemy gods hit by the blast are stunned for 1s. All allies within the blast radius gain increased protections and movement speed for a short duration.
Protection Buff: 5/10/15/20/25
Movement Speed Buff: 8%/16%/24%/32%/40%
Buff Duration: 3s
Mana: 50/65/80/95/110
Cooldown: 12 seconds

Ultimate: Flames of the Unforgiven: Kagutsuchi spews a twister of flames from his hands in a large cone in front of him. All enemies caught in the twister are rooted and take 30/50/70/90/110(+50% magical damage) every .5s for 3s and have their mana drained for 1.2%/1.4%/1.6%/1.8%/2% of their maximum mana per tick. Allied gods within the cone generate 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2% of their maximum mana per tick.
Mana: 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown: 90 seconds

RazzMcTazz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 20, 2014 7:26pm | Report
Would love to see a japanese god but the god idea here is not unique. Starting from passive which is similar to chhac's and skills all fire for which we have agni already..but i like the idea of mobility in cons.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 20, 2014 7:38pm | Report
I can see Attack Speed and CDR being built on this guy, and having people running around with Hastened Fatalis permanently silencing you and never running out of mana.

Also, his ult is basically OP with Heated Rage active. Silenced permanently and losing mana.

"I don't care about you, or your abilities, or anything you have in your kit, I'm just gonna press R then hold right click and turn you into a minion. Have fun."
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazzMcTazz » February 20, 2014 8:02pm | Report
Well, Heated rage only triggers on basic attacks. thus it wouldn't work with the ult. I can see it becoming too OP with too much Attack speed. What would you replace that aspect with?
I had the idea of doing 10-20% basic attack damage reflection. Though with Nemean Lion armor might scale a bit too high.

I also know that Angi deals with fire, but I don't think a we should limit one element to one god. Having a variety of choices that deal with fire or other elements is definitely appealing, but would also heavily limit the variety of gods that could be implemented.
As for the passive being like Chaac's, I can see the similarities, I didn't even realize it.

RazzMcTazz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazzMcTazz » February 21, 2014 12:33am | Report
Made changes to some of his abilities and his passive. Let me know if it seems more original and balanced.

RazzMcTazz

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by arka222 » February 21, 2014 3:41am | Report
RazzMcTazz wrote:

Made changes to some of his abilities and his passive. Let me know if it seems more original and balanced.

Your enthusiasm is commendable, still feel the god idea is not creative and exciting enough.
Fun and Heart
IGN: arka222
Clan: ARKA GANG
Motto: Never let the team down..find a way to win..
My Guide on Vulcan
A god idea...

arka222

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 21, 2014 10:25am | Report
RazzMcTazz wrote:

Well, Heated rage only triggers on basic attacks. thus it wouldn't work with the ult. I can see it becoming too OP with too much Attack speed. What would you replace that aspect with?
I had the idea of doing 10-20% basic attack damage reflection. Though with Nemean Lion armor might scale a bit too high.

I also know that Angi deals with fire, but I don't think a we should limit one element to one god. Having a variety of choices that deal with fire or other elements is definitely appealing, but would also heavily limit the variety of gods that could be implemented.
As for the passive being like Chaac's, I can see the similarities, I didn't even realize it.

I was referring to how people would be pulled toward you, so you'd land every basic attack.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Sloogz » February 21, 2014 10:30am | Report
The new passive confuses me, considering that Kagutsuchi would be right in the middle of teamfights constantly, taking all different types of damage all the time. Unless you implement some kind of cooldown for the flame change it's utterly useless, since you'd never really be able to take advantage of one stance.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sloogz

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » February 22, 2014 12:55pm | Report
Wow I love this idea, and the moves look pretty legit, but the passive is kinda awkward, and the ulti in my opinion should do a little bit more. Other than that it's a great idea :D

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazzMcTazz » February 27, 2014 11:57am | Report
What kind of cooldown duration do you think would make good time of the change, but allow it to change often enough to not be stuck in one flame for too long? I wanted to give him a passive in which he needed to choose his fights, but not only that, keep enemies guessing on which type of flame he wants to be in. Making them second guess their own attacks.
Does 5 seconds seem okay?

I wasn't sure on how to balance the ulti since it drains mana. I've never seen it be used in the game before, and if it has I probably haven't experienced it yet. I'm not sure how big of an impact that kind of thing would have on a battle, especially a team one.
With the .5s per tick for 3s. It would total out to 12% of their maximum mana being drained and also restoring that same amount to allies. They are also rooted during that time in which they are taking damage from his ulti and his allied gods who are in the fight.
I also see it as a great way to screw someone who's trying to escape from a gank. Him also being a guardian, I didn't want him to be too powerful damage-wise.

RazzMcTazz

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }