Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Item Idea: Universe Rune (Ultimate Upgrade)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Item Idea: Universe Rune (Ultimate Upgrade) 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 10, 2013 6:10am | Report
So, my idea isn't really original, but I think it would fit is the game and make late game very interesting.

My idea is an item that upgrades your god's ultimate ability. It would have many different options at rank 3, so you can choose based on what class you are.

Universe Rune Rank 1:

200 health
200 mana
+5 hp5
+5 mp5

Cost: 1200 gold

Universe Rune Rank 2:

400 health
400 mana
+10 hp5
+10 mp5

Cost: 2700 gold

*==*==*==RANK 3 VARIATIONS==*==*==*

(All cost 4200 gold)

Universe Rune of Initiative (Meant for carries):

600 health
600 mana
+10 hp5
+10 mp5
+20% atatck speed
+20% physical penetration

Universe Rune of Shadows (Meant for assasins):

500 health
500 mana
+10 hp5
+10 mp5
+40 physical power attack speed
+20% critchance

Universe Rune of War (Meant for bruisers):

700 health
600 mana
+10 hp5
+10 mp5
+30 physical power
+25 physical protection
+25 magical protection

Universe Rune of Defense (Meant for tanks):

800 health
600 mana
+15 hp5
+10 mp5
+40 physical protection
+40 magical protection

Universe Rune of Ancient Power (Meant for mages):

550 health
700 mana
+10 hp5
+10 hp5
+50 magical power
+20% magical penetration

Universe Rune of Companionship (Meant for supports):

650 health
650 mana
+10 hp5
+15 mp5
+10% movement speed
10% cooldown reduction

PASSIVE TO ALL VARIATIONS - Upgrades your ultimate ability (Description depending on what god you are).

Ultimate upgrades:

Agni's Rain Fire: Makes halos spawn every 15 seconds instead of 20 seconds and allows you to have a maximum of 5 halos instead of 3.

Anhur's Desert Fury: Increases range, increases the number of spears thrown from 8 to 12 and makes the spears pierce through enemies.

Anubis' Death Gaze: Increases range and increases duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

Ao Kung's Spirit's Tempest: Increases width and decreases the time between casting until the dragon comes.

Aphrodite's Undying Love: Increases the duration from 0,8/1,1/1,4/1,7/2 seconds to 1,1/1,7/2,3/2,9/3,5 seconds.

Apollo's Across the Sky: Decreases cast and landing time, increases speed while in air and increases the damage from 70/95/120/145/170(+30% physical power) to 95/125/155/185/215 (+35% physical power).

Arachne's Cocoon: Increases range and decreases cast time.

Ares' No Escape: Increases range and silences chained enemies(the silence includes active items, with the exeption of beads), as well as increasíng Ares' movement speed while in the air by 30%.

Artemis' Calydonian Boar: Increases health of the boar by 100 for every rank, increases stun duration from 1,1/1,2/1,3/1,4/1,5 seconds to 1,2/1,4/1,6/1,8/2 seconds and makes your basic attacks do 15% more damage to stunned enemies.

Athena's Defender of Olympus: Makes the targeted ally gain 10% movement speed, increases the AoE and stuns enemies hit for 1 second.

Baccus' Intoxicate: Increases duration from 8 seconds to 10 seconds and slows intoxicated enemies by 15%.

Bakasura's Regurgitate: Increases duration from 6 seconds to 8 seconds, increases the cone size and gives Bakasura 20% attack speed speed for the duration.

Bastet's Cat Call: Increases movement speed of the cats by 20%, increases their vision radius and makes their attacks cripple enemies, as well as adding a fourth cat to the call.

Chronos' Rewind: Decreases travelling time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds and makes it reduce the cooldown on his active items by 8%.

Cupid's Fields of Love: Decreases the time between casting and exploding, and increases the 2,5 second mesmerize to a 4 seconds mesmerize.

Fenrir's Ragnarok: Increases duration from 5 seconds to 8 seconds, increases carry duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds and allows you to carry 2 enemies.

Freya's Valkyrie's Discretion: Increases duration from 4 seconds to 6 seconds (wich means that the number of shots is increased from 4 to 6), increases movement speed while flying by 25% and allows you to fly over most walls.

Guan Yu's Tactician's Advantage: Increases your protections by 20/30/40/50/60 for the duration and increases all CC durations by 1 second.

Hades' Pillar of Agony: Increases range and pulling strength as well as making enemies closer to you suffer 15% more damage from this ability.

He Bo's Crushing Wave: Increases range and width of the wave and makes you pull enemies with you slightly.

Hel's Switch stances: Increases magical power bonus from 20/30/40/50/60 to 30/45/60/75/90 as well as gaining 3/6/9/12/15% magical penetration while in dark stance. Increases mana regen bonus from 15/20/25/30/35 to 20/25/30/35/40 as well as gaining 10% movement speed while in light stance. Cooldown reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second.

Hercules' Excavate: Makes the boulder knock back enemies even when rolling, not just when landing, and decreases the multi-hit damage reduction from 50% to 20%.

Hun Batz's Fear No Evil: Increases duration from 1/1,25/1,5/1,75/2 seconds to 1,25/1,75/2,25/2,75/3,25 seconds and increases AoE.

Isis' Circle of Protection: Increases AoE and increases max damage and healing scale by 1x for every rank.

Kali's Frenzy: Increases AoE and increases duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds, as well as making Kali slow enemies hit by 15% and cripple them.

Loki's Assasinate: Increases range, increases stun duration from 1 second to 1,75 seconds and also makes the ability cripple the enemy for 3 seconds.

Ne Zha's Wind Fire Wheels: Increases range and adds two extra hits that cannot crit.

Neith's World Weaver: Makes the arrow able to instantly be shot and increases stun duration by 1 second for each rank.

Odin's Ring of Spears: Odin gains 10/20/30/40/50 physical power and 15% movement speed inside ring and all allies in the ring gains 15/25/35/45/55 physical and magical protection.

Poseidon's Release the Kraken: Makes the kraken bigger and increases damage by 150 for all ranks.

Ra's Searing Pain: Greatly increases range and width, decreases cast time and slows enemies hit by 30% for 2,5 seconds.

Sobek's Lurking in the Waters: Decreases submerge duration from 4 seconds to 2,5 seconds, increases Sobeks movement speed by 20% and makes him gain 15% of his protections for the duration, as well as making this ability stun any targets that are below 20% health.

Thor's Anvil of Dawn: Increases range and increases stun from 1,5 seconds to 2,25 seconds. Thor also smashes the ground when landing, knocking other nearby enemies to his location (about 175% out from the center).

Vamana's Colossal Fury: Increases duration from 6 seconds to 10 seconds, increases basic attack AoE and makes Vamana gain 25% movement speed for the duration, as well as making him take 8% reduced damage from all sources.

Vulcan's Volcanic Overdrive: Increases duration from 6 seconds to 8 seconds, greatly increases the range of your inferno cannon and makes them slow by 5% per attack (max 20%) for 3,5 seconds.

Xbalanque's Darkest of Nights: Increases duration from 3 seconds to 6 seconds, makes this ability slow enemies by 20% and increases the basic attack range bonus from 40 to 60.

Ymir's Shards of Ice: Decreases channel time from 3 seconds to 2 seconds and slows enemies hit by the explotion by 20% for 3 seconds.

Zeus' Lightning Storm: Increases duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds and makes the lightning strikes strike every 0,7 seconds instead of every second.

So, this is my idea, I bloody hope you like it, it took me forever to write due to me accidently closing the window so I had to rewrite everything. Anyways, hope you liked it and please leave any thoughts in the comments!

Have a wonderful day! //VultokoFredrik

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 10, 2013 7:17am | Report
The idea is good but some bonus passive or OP but some are kinda useless, like this:
OP : Ymir : his 3 will be enough to land ult and most squishy will instantly die
Ne Zha : 5 attacks will be 1200 if all crit (haven't include physical power and landing)
Xbal : too hard to counter

Useless : Freya : more seconds will be useless since she can only shoot 4 and movement speed is not really needed, i could land 4 of it easily.
Neith : Not so useful as it usually for chasing enemies but without allies (1 s is enough also to get a kill
Ares : Not so useful as it is still countered by beads and the attacks are not increased

Also, the third tier for assassin should be physical power while carry attack speed

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RevanClaw » July 10, 2013 7:17am | Report
And this item would be mandatory on all gods!! =)

RevanClaw

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 10, 2013 7:24am | Report
Thank you for the nice response :D

About the Freya ultimate, it was meant to also increase the shots, changed it now.

I'll see what I can do with the other you mentioned.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 11, 2013 12:41am | Report
Just going to share my thoughts on these.

Agni: Very nice. This would be incredibly helpful for him.

Anhur: Ehh, no one would really care for this. I know this may make it borderline broken, but I think that simply making this ability penetrate units would make it so much better.

Anubis: My god, this will be scary. making it 5 seconds is very strong in itself.

Ao Kuang: Range isn't a problem. If anything, I'd want extra width on this.

Aphrodite: Really strong, but I guess it'll be fine.

Apollo: Really useless. Mana and speed is not a problem at all with Apollo's ultimate. If it were me, I would make the damage tick 6 times as opposed to 4, and maybe make the delay between targeting and landing shorter, although that wouldn't really help more experienced players.

Arachne: Once again, not really what you'd want. If anything, I'd prefer a faster missile speed and longer range, not a long stun.

Ares: I have no idea why you would want this. If anything, you should make the time Ares has to move longer, so he can pull enemies further.

Artemis: Pretty useful.

Athena: Also a very nice item to pick up.

Bacchus: Would be annoying to face, but it'll be a good pick up for Bacchus.

Bakasura: Instead of movement speed, I'd rather have attack speed or bonus damage. This ability already slows.

Bastet: Very good. I also think an extra cat would be a nice touch.

Chronos: Meh. It's alright I suppose.

Cupid: Insanely broken. It'd be best to make it a longer mesmerize, to give more time for allies to position themselves. After all, that's what a mesmerize is for.

Fenrir: Oh god, please no. This ability is annoying as it is...

Freya: Pretty good.

Guan Yu: Solid.

Hades: Also very solid.

He Bo: Really good.

Hel: I'm sure you can be much more creative than this.

Hercules: Pretty good as it is. Maybe also make the duration/distance it can roll longer.

Hun Batz: I guess....

Isis: Doesn't feel like a very meaningful buff.

Kali: Kali needs cc on this ability, not extra movement speed....

Loki: Pretty good.

Neith: Broken. Now there's literally no counterplay to this ability.

Poseidon: Not really what this ability needs.

Ra: Once again, not really what this ability needs.

Sobek: Really bad. Making the submerge time longer just means 2 more seconds of Sobek doing nothing in teamfights. Also, if I'm reading this right, Sobek gains 15% more protections when this ability is active? So he gains protection when he's underwater and untargetable?

Thor: Probably the best of the lot. I was expecting more substantial changes, such as this one.

Vamana: Meh. I guess it works.

Vulcan: A really good buff.

Xbalanque: It's alright I guess. Still, 30 damage is pretty useless....

Ymir: Borderline broken I'd say. Ymir's stun is 2 seconds. So now, you could potentially guarantee 1200+ damage to a whole entire enemy team.

Zeus: If you made lightning strike faster, then what's the point of a longer duration? No idiot is going to walk back into it.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 11, 2013 1:18am | Report
Thank you for this great response! I'll talk about some things:

Anhur: I think i'll change this to increase duration or the number of spears, but it accually already pierces through units if i'm not mistaking.

Apollo: You are right, although i stall want the extra speed.

Arachne: I thought about increasing the range, but it is already annoing and frustrating because of the 20 s cooldown. In my ears that sounded a bit OP.

Chronos: What else is there to do really :P This is a very simple ultimate that can't be changed that much.

Cupid: You are right.

Fenrir: >:D

Isis: Yeah, I think I'll increase the damage instead.

Kali: Maybe a cripple and a slow? It would fit the theme, as she is litterally throwing razorsharp sickles around her.

Neith: Yeah, i know, but i don't really know what to do with it. Before it was useless (it had increased stun duration based on how far the arrow had traveled) so I replaced it with this. I'll see what I can do.

Poseidon: What does it need then?

Ra: Yeah you are right, maybe increase range?

Sobek: I'll see what I can come up with.

Thor: This is the first upgrade that I came up with, and therefore the most creative. I would like to have theese kind of ideas on every god, but it's kind of hard. Feel free to leave ideas in the comments :)

Xbalanque: I don't know what to do with it! I personally think that it's the most boring ultimate in the game!

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 11, 2013 1:43am | Report
Oh, and Ares: What should I do? if i decrease the time between casting and pulling, Ares looses his mobility, but if I increase it, enemies will have more time to react.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 11, 2013 1:47am | Report
I suggest this on Neith : you can instantly cast it and either longer stun or more damage or both
And on Xbalanque, the darkness is longer and your movement speed + range is more.
Eidt : And on ares, keep the shorter time but ares move much faster

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » July 11, 2013 2:20am | Report
This seems very much like aghanim's scepter in dota and I kind of like the idea, but I can see that this would be BROKEN on some gods :|
Anyways, try to balance it that every1 gains something and maybe decrease the price of the supports' and the tanks' items, because they usually don't have that much gold and this could help.

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Prominent (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 11, 2013 2:35am | Report

Thank you for this great response! I'll talk about some things:

Anhur: I think i'll change this to increase duration or the number of spears, but it accually already pierces through units if i'm not mistaking.

Apollo: You are right, although i stall want the extra speed.

Arachne: I thought about increasing the range, but it is already annoing and frustrating because of the 20 s cooldown. In my ears that sounded a bit OP.

Chronos: What else is there to do really :P This is a very simple ultimate that can't be changed that much.

Cupid: You are right.

Fenrir: >:D

Isis: Yeah, I think I'll increase the damage instead.

Kali: Maybe a cripple and a slow? It would fit the theme, as she is litterally throwing razorsharp sickles around her.

Neith: Yeah, i know, but i don't really know what to do with it. Before it was useless (it had increased stun duration based on how far the arrow had traveled) so I replaced it with this. I'll see what I can do.

Poseidon: What does it need then?

Ra: Yeah you are right, maybe increase range?

Sobek: I'll see what I can come up with.

Thor: This is the first upgrade that I came up with, and therefore the most creative. I would like to have theese kind of ideas on every god, but it's kind of hard. Feel free to leave ideas in the comments :)

Xbalanque: I don't know what to do with it! I personally think that it's the most boring ultimate in the game!

Anhur: It doesn't pierce enemies. In fact, it even stops on creeps.

Apollo: Extra speed is fine I suppose.

Chronos: Maybe make it rewind you further back in time, but within a shorter period of time.

Kali: Perfect.

Neith: It still needs some form of counterplay.

Poseidon: Damage. It's really lacking compared to some other mages.

Ra: Or width/give it cc.

Xbalanque: Remember that this ultimate also gives Xbalanque a buff. Also, increasing the duration of this ult also increases the duration the enemy has no vision, as well as the buff for Xbalanque.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }