Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How about Ymir?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » How about Ymir? 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by splitface » August 12, 2014 1:54pm | Report
Ymir needs just a visual upgrade! I mean he looks boring...

splitface

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » August 12, 2014 2:21pm | Report
upgrade him to look like AN ACUTALL FROST GIANT. not an ice cube but how they look in norse myth, giant blue people!
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Reverend Belial » August 12, 2014 3:57pm | Report
You should know better than to think Hi-rez actually gives a **** about lore. Because you know, it's not like their game is made exclusively of characters taken from existing sources and all...
Chaac and Ah baby! Chaac and Ah...

Reverend Belial

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » September 4, 2014 12:08am | Report
Personally I think Ymir should be left alone.

True, I would love to see a re-visual like Zeus has gotten or even Odin, but not a total reworking of his kit of abilities, I play 3v3 as my only main game mode and even Assault (Sorry all you pro 5v5/Conquest players but it just lags way too hard for me to even play ;_:)

Personally to me his 1 is WONDERFUL as it's not totally useless if used right to block off fleeing enemies or even block an enemy from getting that last basic attack or certain abilities on that one friendly god almost dead (Could tell an epic little story about the Fenrir I saved from the Ullr 1 with my wall, but I'll spare it)

His 2 is perfectly fine, works well with your 3 and slows and can secure kills, what more can you ask for?

His 3 is just what he is KNOWN for, like Bacchus for his 3 or Kumbhakarna for his 3! you can't go saying this makes him OP...you could say that about any god who's three can makes you slam your face to your keyboard in anger, plus wanna know one of the biggest secrets and simple ways of halting it? Pick yourself up a Magi's Blessing or CC beads >.>

his 4, Alright, I will admit it's an AWESOME ult, much way up there in popularity for the "Love-tap" jokes like Isis's ult, but it does seem the slow literally does nothing anymore seeing how you basically need to 3 and then wall in that frozen victim god to keep 'em in for that duration for full blast or even land it, but still it's not TOTALLY useless as I've secured tons of kills that teammates miss/lose or helped a teammate catch that kill.

In all honesty I think Ymir just needs a new look to bring him up to the ranks of epicness of other gods/goddesses nowadays. Ymir is a favorite god because he's simple to play but still challenging to master because Ymir can be so easily countered having no escapes/low mobility and he burns his 3 and misses on an escape or has a bad initiation and he's in quite a heap of trouble. so please don't take away this awesome legend of a Smite god that has been with us since the dawn of time and helping all of us take our first few brave steps into Guardian playing.

P.S On another note honestly Ymir isn't that powerful, he only can kill someone if they're low health or a squishy assassin, I've literally never killed a god late to mid game 3v3 as Ymir or any guardian for that matter unless it's a secure on a low health straggler. Maybe it's because I've never built a power Ymir or what, to me power is pointless, a Tank/Guardians job is to defend allies and be a big weight thrower in team-fights or initiates the battle.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » September 4, 2014 6:19am | Report
nice necro. But what you say he doesn't do any damage but if you encounter a jungle ymir you won't be happy (the annoying freeze off course and the easy escape with his wall in the jungle itself on some spots). His 3 already does a pretty solid 1/4 of a hunters health at max lvl. you can guess the other abilities.

also I myself don't find his ult fitting (counts for sobek too) the damage on it is so damn high. especially on a jungle ymir. Ymir is the best gaurdian that can jungle athena can do it too but her damage won't be as high as ymir (the ult does damage but well most teammates aren't close enough for it to do damage)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Majestic_Jackal » September 4, 2014 2:41pm | Report
I stand by my words lol, what I wrote is what I think on the situation. people just need to learn counter-play. I mean everyone knows Mercury is one of the most cheap-shot scumbag gods on the god selection right about now seeing if you so happen to let him get a few kills or farmed well he'll basically face-stomp you, yet everyone turns a blind-eye to it.

Ymir is a guardian much like Bacchus or Athena that he can bring a lot of pain besides a lot of good/wonderful heavy CC, not to mention everyone seems to ignore the one labeled god Guardian known as Ares who has probably the most damage any "Guardian" could ever have and has probably the weakest CC to give besides his ultimate in the form of defending teammates seeing how without CDR he's basically not very game-changing.

Majestic_Jackal

Remarkable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }