Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Suggestion: Zhu Wuneng

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Suggestion: Zhu Wuneng 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BrotherMonkey » October 13, 2013 2:23pm | Report
Zhu Wuneng, also named Zhu Bajie, is one of the three helpers of Tang Sanzang in the classic Chinese novel Journey to the West.

Three disciples of Sanzang were Sun Wukong (Who everyone loves and adores for reason), Zhu Wuneng and Sha Wujing.

Her is his description from Novel itself

For my huge mouth and tusks and mighty powers
I was made Marshal Tian Peng by the Jade Emperor,
Commanding eighty thousand marines on the River of Heaven
And happy amid all the joys of the heavenly palace.
Because when drunk I fluted with a palace lady
I decided to play the hero for a while.
One butt from my snout destroyed the Dipper and Bull Palace;
I ate the magic mushrooms of the Queen Mother of the West.
The Jade Emperor himself gave me two thousand hammer blows,
Made me an exile from the world of Heaven.
This made me determined to nourish my spirit,
And become an evil monster in the lower world.
Just when I had made a good marriage in Gao Village
Fate brought me up against my brother Monkey.
He subdued me with his gold banded cudgel;
I was forced to bow my head and enter the Buddhist faith.
I do the heavy work, saddle the horse and carry luggage:
I must have been the Tang Priest's debtor in an earlier life.
As the iron footed Marshal Tian Peng my surname was Zhu;
My name as a Buddhist is Zhu Bajie."

He also wields Magical Weapon Here is direct quote from Novel itself
"In his hands he held an amazing object:
A nine toothed rake of which everyone was afraid."

And another quote about its abilities

"My boy," said Pig, "this isn't a farming rake. Just look at it:
Its mighty prongs are like dragon claws
Set with gold in the from of serpents.
In battle with a foe it makes cold winds
Till it gives off flames in a longer fight.
It kills off demons for the holy priest
Subduing evil spirits on the journey West.
When it stirs up clouds it bolts out sun and moon,
Making the colours of sunset brightly shine.
It could knock down Mount Tai, to the terror of the tigers,
Turn the oceans upside down, alarming all the dragons.
I could spare you for the sake of your mighty powers,
But if I struck you with the rake it would make nine holes.
"

His name Wuneng means Awakened to Power
His brothers names Wukong and Wujing mean Awakened to emptiness and Awakened to purity

Here is figure to show how he should look like

Here is link to Novel http://www.chine-informations.com/fichiers/jourwest.pdf
You can check quotes just copy past them into the search bar.
He is awesome character very fun and strong and as almost every Moba game Has Wukong in it Smite can become first to introduce Wukongs brothers

BrotherMonkey

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BrotherMonkey » October 13, 2013 4:56pm | Report
Passive
Greed
Whenever Pig kills unit he gains 2% of his max hp as gold

First ability

Heavenly Drop
Pig jumps to heaven and abusing time line difference gains momentum and drops on enemies slowing them and causing 0.3, 0.5, 07, 0.8, 1.1 X (His physical + Magical Def)Damage
It should look like Pig jumps to air and instantly drops on chosen location like meteor

Second ability

Iron haired Pig
Pig hardens his bristles and returns 10%,15%,20%,25%,30% of melee damage for 3 seconds

Third ability

Nine toothed rake

When pig activates this ability for 10 seconds he can stuck slows with his basic attacks each stuck slows for 1%,2%,3%,4,5% movement and 1%,2%,3%,4%,5% attack speed and after 6 stuck rake unleashes fire element which damages enemy for 5% of Pigs max hp

Ultimate
Colossal Transformation
Unlike Wukong, Wuneng cant transform to tiny objects, but he is very good at transforming himself to giants.

His ultimate is little tricky to use

He transforms himself to giant version of himself and loses ability to move, but becomes immune to crowd control and gains ranged attacks

He also gains 3 new spells when in this mode
Each of them has long range, but they are fairly weak individually

Earth release
Throws a rock and stuns enemy for 1 second

Wind release
Slows enemy for 20% 3 seconds (50%, and for 6 seconds if he hits stunned enemy)

Fire release
Damages for 2% of Wunengs max hp ( 5% Wunengs max hp as pure damage if enemy is affected by Wind release)

BrotherMonkey

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 14, 2013 12:12am | Report
iNTERESTING IDEA, BUT WE'LL NEED MORE THAN JUST A PICTURE. i HAVE A FEW IDEAS FOR THE MOVESET, BUT i THINK THE op SHOULD PUT HIS IDEAS FIRST.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BrotherMonkey » October 14, 2013 8:21am | Report
Hmm ok

I edited second post with abilities

BrotherMonkey

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 14, 2013 8:57am | Report
ok, this is really confusing, but I'll try to critique:

Passive: No. The amount of snowballing this would cause, especially in Assault and such is just not a thing that can happen.

1: ...what does this do? other than being a nice jump, what is the effect???

2: It's ok, just scale it down a bit because it's like Hide of Nemean but way better.

3: it's kinda ok, but a little bit too much damage, especially with attack speed.

Ulti: kind of bursty, but no movement makes it fairly OK. Maybe make it so that the 2 only works on enemies stunned by the 1? I unno, it's fairly unique at least.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BrotherMonkey » October 14, 2013 10:22am | Report

ok, this is really confusing, but I'll try to critique:

Passive: No. The amount of snowballing this would cause, especially in Assault and such is just not a thing that can happen.

1: ...what does this do? other than being a nice jump, what is the effect???

It does 1.1X(both protections) Damage
Bigger your protection is bigger the damage it does

2: It's ok, just scale it down a bit because it's like Hide of Nemean but way better.

I guess, Will it be better if it only work on damage to the back ?

3: it's kinda ok, but a little bit too much damage, especially with attack speed.

How is it too much damage it only slows..

BrotherMonkey

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » October 14, 2013 11:17am | Report
the damage on max stacks, with high attack speed you can go a little with it, with 2 hits a second being the cap.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SupaAPE » October 16, 2013 5:09am | Report
Hello

To me, Heavenly drop seems like a copy of Bacchus skillset, and his ult seems like it would be easy for the enemy to avoid. I think there is also little synergy between his skillset and that maybe you should rethink the spells. I really like Zhu Wuneng's Lore tho, Good job .

SupaAPE

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » October 16, 2013 5:16am | Report
No. Just no.

I'll edit this post once I get some sleep, but know that I find your design skills to be questionable, at least when it comes to player-interface design.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BrotherMonkey » October 16, 2013 5:27am | Report
First of all thank you for response and I will try to answer your post and try to explain mechanics of his moves.
SupaAPE wrote:

Hello

To me, Heavenly drop seems like a copy of Bacchus skillset, and his ult seems like it would be easy for the enemy to avoid. I think there is also little synergy between his skillset and that maybe you should rethink the spells. I really like Zhu Wuneng's Lore tho, Good job .

Thats because those two are very alike each other. The difference will be speed of jump and speed of falling.
Pig jumps up, not to his target location and when he reaches heaven (There is timeline difference 10 years in heaven is day on earth) He gains momentum and falls like a meteor from the sky to the location you chose before jumping up. It will take enough time for enemie to move so player will be forced to use this skill carefully because he might actually miss it. He will be forced to predict their movement.
As he falls on enemies he does slow them, but he does not throw them into the air and additionally he does damage based on his maximum physical and Magical defence

When i Imagined Wuneng in smite i thought of slow, but very durable character, Guardian bordering Warriors.

His first ability can be used in combinations with his second and third.
Pig jumps on enemy slowing him uses his third to slowing him even more and as his damage is very low he will need time thats why he has slows.
If he gets attacked by assasins while chasing target he uses Iron Pig which only lasts for 3 seconds and gets chance to damage not only his main target, but attackers too.

His first ability can be used with ultimate too. He drops inside enemy formation slowing them and instantly uses ultimate to get maximum damage.

About his ultimate being easy to avoid.. It's about holding position not chasing or running away. To stand still in middle of battle and make enemies flee.

If you have any suggestions about his abilities just post them in this thread its not for me to decide them any way. I'm more interested in lore and just want him to end up in the game. It will be fun to play with all three monks in Smite it will be awesome.

Also it will be funny if his joke will be about Wukong as he has grudge against him.
Something like: Its funny that my older brother was protector of horses in the heaven, but here it's up to Wujing"
Wukong goes ape**** whenever he is called "protector of horses". That was the reason of his rebellion in heaven.
Calling name of Wujing will also give hint of existence of third brother to younger players. they will search his name in the net and when they will discover who he is they will feel like geniuses like a puppies who found that whenever they acts to command they gets snacks.

BrotherMonkey

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }