Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea! Vertumnus, god of seasons and gardening! <---(He's Roman!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea! Vertumnus, god of seasons and gardening! <---(He's Roman!) 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 17, 2013 11:39pm | Report
Vertumnus: Roman God of Seasons, Gardens, and fruit.
Role: Magical bruiser, High CC.
Passive: Seasonal sapling- Every 1 minutes Vertumnus gains a sapling, the sapling is able to be placed and acts as a ward. The sapling lasts for 2 minutes. The sapling gains an additional effect depending on what the last ability was used.

Note: Vertumnus doesn't really have an ultimate, he just has four different abilities.

1: Summer- it has a 1 second charge up, Vertumnus charges up solar energy and blasts it forward and all around him. It's deals 100/150/200/250/300 (+20% magical power) in a line, and around him. Enemies that were around him are blinded for 1 second.
Enemies that are in a 20 ft radius of the sapling take 10 true magical damage per second.

2: Fall- Vertumnus leaps, enemies at the beginning of the leap are pulled to the center of the leaps starting location. Where he lands, a pile of leaves is placed on the ground, silencing all enemies in the location. The leafs last for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds. The leap deals 75/125/175/225/275 (+ 30% magical power)
Enemies in a 20 ft radius are slowed by 10%.

3: Spring- In an area of Vertumnus' choosing (same range as Anubis's 3). At the edge of the radius 4 trees are spawned all trees spawn the same fruit. The trees act as physical pillars that cannot be passed. The fruit that spawns are 1 of 4 different, they all have different affects.
-Coconut: any enemies that hit the coconut are stunned for 1 second
-Apple: Allies that collect an apple get 25/50/75/100/125 health (+15% magical power)
-Lemon: Removes all Current CC (does not prevent future CC)
-Orange: Increases attack speed by 15/20/25/30/35% and movement speed by 15%
All trees will have the same fruit when summoned.
The sapling will heal any allies in a 20ft radius are healed by 10 per second.

4: Winter- In a very large AoE (Ymir's ult range) enemies in the area are stuck in a blizzard. They are slowed in the radius by 20/25/30/45/50% and take 25/35/45/55/65 damage per second (+ 15% magical power) this lasts for 4/5/6/7 seconds. It's can be canceled at any time.
Enemies by the sapling have their attack speed lowered by 10%

Please leave some feedback, because I feel that some of his abilities could be a little OP, but I'm of really sure. So thanks in advance!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by sorcerer455 » July 20, 2013 11:44pm | Report
Maybe have a passive like chronoses where each quadrant is a season and have similar abilities but with additional effects depending on the season. Just my input on what I think.
"I wouldn't call me 'itsy bitsy' if I were you" "Who needs catnip when I have you"
My Arachne guide http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/arachne-the-weaver-guide-977

sorcerer455

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 21, 2013 12:20am | Report
Well I wanted it to be like Chronos's but not the exact same. And I mean graphically it could look like that, but I don't really care.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 21, 2013 2:45am | Report
Nice concept. Vertumnus isn't exactly a 'Warrior' god as the more traditional Mars or Minerva, that makes more interesting to see how his skills could be adapted to a fighting game!
By the way, about the grapyc, why don't depict him like a picture of the Arcimboldo? The autor of the vegetal's portrait? Think it would fit him, even if then, when he die he would becomes a salad...

Said so, let's see. I like the seasons skills. Maybe them are lightly strongher then usual, but since you are said then he's not suppose to have a realy Ultimate but instead 4 solid skill it's adequate.
The only thing which maybe could be edited a little is his passive. 40 radius sounds a bit too much since even Ymir ultimate is 35. Maybe you could reduce it to 20, would be more suitable. Just the radious of them effects off course, not the view one. Also, I think there must be a limit about how much sappling he could place at once. If he could place illimitate sapling, he would have the total map control... 2 or 3 would be enough, I suppose.
Maybe, since that would reduce them effects, you could make them turns into one of the fruit from his 3 skill: Spring when them lifetimes ends.
It's just a tip, off course. Free to do as you wishes. ^^
Casual player due low time.

Egypt pantheon rules!
Fan of Ra and Anubis, but open to try more to find other favourite.

Inhabitant of 'God and Item idea' topic, a lot of idea in mind!
Best idea: Discordia, the goddess of strife

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 21, 2013 3:28am | Report
Daleon wrote:

Vertumnus isn't exactly a 'Warrior' god as the more traditional Mars or Minerva, that makes more interesting to see how his skills could be adapted to a fighting game!

Well, Aphrodite isn't really a warrionr god either :P Most of the existing gods aren't (Baccus, Bastet, Cupid, Apollo, etc)

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 21, 2013 3:34am | Report

Well, Aphrodite isn't really a warrionr god either :P Most of the existing gods aren't (Baccus, Bastet, Cupid, Apollo, etc)

I know ^^ . I wasn't saying he's the first one, just then is interesting to see which skills and trait from a more 'pacific' god could be used for a fighting game. In fact, I like every gods/goddess you just mentioned couse is so fun to see how them 'natural ability' could affect a fight!

Egypt pantheon rules!

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » July 21, 2013 3:48am | Report
Well, apolli is a god of archery too actually

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 21, 2013 11:39am | Report
Daleon wrote:

Nice concept. Vertumnus isn't exactly a 'Warrior' god as the more traditional Mars or Minerva, that makes more interesting to see how his skills could be adapted to a fighting game!
By the way, about the grapyc, why don't depict him like a picture of the Arcimboldo? The autor of the vegetal's portrait? Think it would fit him, even if then, when he die he would becomes a salad...

Said so, let's see. I like the seasons skills. Maybe them are lightly strongher then usual, but since you are said then he's not suppose to have a realy Ultimate but instead 4 solid skill it's adequate.
The only thing which maybe could be edited a little is his passive. 40 radius sounds a bit too much since even Ymir ultimate is 35. Maybe you could reduce it to 20, would be more suitable. Just the radious of them effects off course, not the view one. Also, I think there must be a limit about how much sappling he could place at once. If he could place illimitate sapling, he would have the total map control... 2 or 3 would be enough, I suppose.
Maybe, since that would reduce them effects, you could make them turns into one of the fruit from his 3 skill: Spring when them lifetimes ends.
It's just a tip, off course. Free to do as you wishes. ^^

Well, there is a limit to how many saplings he can have, and that's 2. He gains 1 every minute, and they last for 2 minutes once placed. Though I see the confusion, no he cannot constantly stack them u, he can only have 1 in his inventory and no more. And for radius of the saplings. I honestly thought Ymir ult was bigger, I think 20 or 25 would be good?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Daleon » July 21, 2013 12:27pm | Report
Ops, sorry! I didn't understand then he can only have 1 at time, I though he could stores as many as he wanted and place them all when he wanted. If he couldn't stack them, is ok! ^^

Btw, on Ymir board, I read his unti radious is 35. I thought it was feet, if them are another unit of misure I'm sorry. Anyway, I think 20 or 25 would be good. ^^

Egypt pantheon rules!

Daleon

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 21, 2013 1:19pm | Report
On I don't know if it's feet or not! I just thought it was bigger than that! Yeah I think 20 is good.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }