Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Surt, King of Demons First living being (Norse)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Surt, King of Demons First living being (Norse) 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 13, 2013 11:58am | Report
Surt is the first living being, even before Ymir. He lives in Muspelheim and is the leader of most demons. In norse mythology he is said to rise from Muspelheim and fight Frey in Ragnarock. Surt is armed with a sword made of fire.

I think he'll be a bruiser/assassin, possibly, I don't know.

(For his moves I won't be discussing damage, cool down time, mana cost, radius size, or buff stats because I haven't thought of them yet.)

Move #1: Rally the demons:
- When Surt activates this moves he gives himself a strength and speed buff in a radius around him. If any minions are in the radius, they are transformed into demons that will follow Surt's command (they'll attack any god Surt is attacking). The demons will also have the speed and strength buff.

Move #2: Blood Oath:
- Surt forms a blood oath with an ally or enemy god. If he does it with an enemy god Surt and that enemy god can only attack each other and minions. If an ally god kills the connected enemy god Surt will also die if an enemy god kills Surt, the connected enemy will also die. Surt and the enemy god with the blood oath will both have a strength buff. When Surt and the enemy god are in the blood oath they can't attack other gods in order to get rid of the oath either Surt or the enemy god have to kill one another.
If Surt makes the blood oath with an ally god they both have a defense buff, and if Surt or the other ally god kills an enemy god they both get a buff that stacks over time of how many gods they kill, this will give them a strength buff. As well as the buff when one of the two kills an enemy god both god get a small amount of health back

Move #1: Blade of Fire:
- Surt spins once in a circle with his fire sword reached out, if he hits an enemy god or enemy minions, they'll take regular damage as well as fire/burn damage.

Ultimate: Muspelheim's Fury:
- Surt grows a bit bigger and buffer when he is in his ultimate. His sword also burns brighter and bigger. When Surt strikes the ground it'll create a small ring of fire that if a god steps in it they take burn damage. If Surt strikes a god they'll take regular damage and burn damage. Surt will be immune during this time. This will only last 20 secs

(Burn damage will last 5 secs)

Hope you guys like it and please give me feedback.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 13, 2013 12:55pm | Report
I don't think you are right about your description of Surt (and his name is Surtr). He was not the first ever being, but he was one of the first giants. He was a flaming giant, a being made of flames and fire. He became king over the giants after Ymir died, and therefore he made himself his own flaming kingdom, Muspell. He would lead the giants against the aesir in the battle Ragnarok. There is a well-known tale of him having an eating contest with Thor, and only winning because he is the fire itself and therefore incinerated the food AND the table.

I live in Sweden, and therefore I have grown up hearing the stories of the norse gods and mythology, and this is not Surtr. Where did you get this information?

About the abilities:

Move 1 = his passive? Regardless, it is way too powerful. The ability to take control over all nearby enemy minions and turn them into demons is just too OP. I like the idea of giving himself and allies a speed and power buff though, but it seems more like a support ability and not an assasin ability. I think you should rework the passive comepletely. He lacks a third skill, so you could make that skill become the "Summon demon" thingy.

Blood Oath:
I can't see this skill being useful in any way if you are connected to an enemy god. The only good thing is that they can only attack you, everything else is just useless. You can unly attack the enemey, and if an ally kills the enemy, you die too!!!! WHY WOULD THIS BE A GOOD THING!?!?!? 70% of the time you play smite you won't get the kill on an enemy, you team will instead, wich would mean that you basically die for your team to get a kill. It is also OP because of the fact that he instakills an enemy when he dies himself! If he is an assasin he will probably die quite a few times, meaning that he will just be a pain in the butt and not fun to play. The fact that you can't break the oath in any way is also just dumb. What if Surtr made a bloodoath with someone and they don't kill eachother. After 10 minutes the enemy is in his base, on his way back to the lane...BOOM! He got killed! Why? Because Surtr, with his stupid bloodoath ability just got ganked and died, and therefore HE dies too! The only thing I could see usefull with this skill is the ally connection, and it seems to be underpowered. And, again, it seems like a support ability.

Okay, time for a smily face break.

:D :D :) ;) :D (:D

There, now, let's continue.

Why is the skill that should be called "Move 3" called Move 1? HMMM? This is really the only skill taht I see usefull with his kit, and it doesn't even seem powerful.

Ultimate:

This looks like the most underpowered ultimate I've ever seen in a god Idea EVER. So what is it? You grow a LITTLE bigger and buffer. Does it increase your health and protections? Then write it down! Okay, so he burns with his basic attack and leaves a ring of fire on the ground when he attacks if I've understood correctly? It would be much more clear if you wrote jow much it burns for! And also, it says he is immune to damage for the duration. To what? CC? Damage? CUPCAKES?

Okay, I'll give you some advices:

1. Cooldown and mana cost on your abilities, otherwise it is extremely hard for others to understand what you mean as we cannot see what you think.

2. Write that time of ability you are talking about (passive, ability 1,2,3, ultimate) so it is more clear.

3. For the love of god, write down things like damage, buff/debuff duration, buff effects, scaling, power contribution e.t.c., otherwise we have no idea how powerful the abilities are.

4. When doing a concept and you already know what role teh god will have, try focusing his/her kit around that role. Here you wanted to make an assassin. You really made a very messy and bad support/tank. Think about what an assassin needs to be good at what he's doing. He needs a way to catch up to his enemies, a damaging ability and something to defend himself with. Sure, abilities have to symbolize the god's theme as well, but a kit that works well together is the most important thing.

5. Try to get your facts straight for the next god idea you make, or may god have mercy on your soul.....

6. PROFIT!

So, really you NEED to rethink this whole thing. Look back at what I've written and see what you can make of it. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon 13:10 PM English/Scandinavian time, and I want to see change in this.

Have a wonderful day!

//VultokoFredrik

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 13, 2013 2:10pm | Report
I've heard it through my time researching norse mythology since its one of my favorite though my resources might've been wrong to I have to listen to you since your from Sweden, though I have heard his name of Surtr I just didn't include it sorry. And anyways yeah I did forget his passive but you also don't have to flip out about everything first god idea so I'm not perfect. I do thank you for the feed back and I'll make changes but I'm sorry I just didn't like your attitude. I'll make adjustments it'll just take me time so hold on.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 13, 2013 5:00pm | Report
From what you've said I now realize that some of his moves are either overpowered or underpowered so I am working on that now.

As of now I will be posting the improved god profile tomorrow and work on it tonight.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 13, 2013 5:52pm | Report
Well actually I'll try to post it tomorrow sorry I'm on vacation for a week so when ever I get relaxing time in the hotel I'll post the new profile tomorrow we seem to have lots of plans this week but I'll try my best sorry

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 14, 2013 4:47am | Report
So, as said, I have returned.

I completely understand. I didn’t know this was your first god idea, but it would be kinda awkward to ask :P The “flip out” moments are mostly not me being mad, I’m just trying to express what I mean very livingly and so that people will have a better picture of what I mean, not being mean. Also, I tried to break up what seemed like a big, ugly, mean lieutenant screaming at a new recruit with a smily face break.
Here, let’s have another one.

:D :) ;) (:D

There.

The thing with me getting mad over the whole “he is a fire giant not a demon lord”-thing is that I, as said, have grown up with all these stories and myths in my magical childhood and to me, these things are obvious! I kinda forgot that everyone haven’t had the same experiences as I have, and I am sorry for picking on you so hard :) I really hope I didn’t seem that mean, I’m a really nice and friendly guy.

If you are on vacation, only post things if you feel like, don’t feel like you have to just because I said so :P

And again, where did you get your information? Books? Internet? Contacts?

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 14, 2013 5:14am | Report
I believe I got my information in a mix between books and Internet, Norse mythology is like my favorite mythology ever so I have several books on it, and on the new profile around later today after 1:30 Eastern time (In America). I did change pretty much everything.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » August 14, 2013 5:59am | Report

Norse mythology is like my favorite mythology ever so I have several books on it.

Norse mythology ROCKS! :D

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 14, 2013 6:45am | Report
Um my little quip about his kit is his ultimate, 20 seconds of immunity.. Let me just go over here and solo 2 towers, maybe the Minotaur if I can. Has about making it like a Shyvana ultimate? (Shyvana is from LoL if you didn't know) . Her ultimate is she turns into a dragon, though in this case he would grow in size. When she turns into a dragon her abilities gain new affects, her 2 while in human form gives her a speed boost and a damaging aura, but while in dragon form when activated it becomes a trail that she leaves that damages any enemy in it. So maybe for the ultimate do something cool with it, but 20 seconds of immunity is a big no no. Now I know you probably meant CC immunity but in case you didn't, I went with what I saw.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 14, 2013 1:47pm | Report
Sorry I don't uploaded it yet again in on vacation and I didn't know my day would be this packed, and it turns out I won't be at my hotel with the wifi until 9:00 eastern American time and I promise you I'll upload it then, sorry for the inconvenience.

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }