Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea! Janus, God of change, and doorways. <----(He's Roman!)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea! Janus, God of change, and doorways. <----(He's Roman!) 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 18, 2013 7:17pm | Report
Janus: Roman God of Change, and Keeper of Doorways.

Magical Long range tank

Passive: Two Faced- Because Janus has 2 faces, One facing forward, andcthe other behind. He can see enemies behind him. Whenever enemies are behind him, their portraits show up above his portrait.

1: Dual Gaze- Janus shoots a blast of change. All enemies in the radius take 75/125/175/225/275 (+35% magical power) enemies that are infront or behind him take and additional 15% damage. Enemies in the radius are feared in to the opposite direction they were moving. The fear lasts for 1.5 seconds.

2: Stoppage of doorways- Janus plants himself down in a doorway. He is immune to knockback. He is planted for 4 seconds, but he can cancel the ability. While he is planted he takes 10/15/20/25/30% less damage. All incoming damage in front of or behind him is reflected back dealing 15/20/25/30/35% of the damage back to that spot. This means that say, an Apollo is attacking you with basic attacks, then those basic attacks are reflected back not to the person directly, then it is like an Apollo is shooting back to that location, same with abilities. If a Poseidon uses his 1 on you, you take damage, but at the same time an exact copy of that is sent back, only doing less damage.

3: Shut the front door: Janus taunts enemies towards him for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5 enemies then get a door slammed in their face stunning them for 1.25 seconds.

4: Inwards and Outwards- Janus selects an enemy (like Loki ult), and switches places with them. When the enemy is swapped, their controls are reversed ( forward = backwards, left = right). This effect lasts for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds. Also, Janus gains 15/25/35/45/55 protections for 4 seconds. If Janus selects no one, he teleports their and gains the protections.
As a note, should I add to the ultimate that he can target allies, and they also gain protections? This could be trolly, but at the same time save someone.

I had this idea for some time now, and I was stuck. I'm not sure about his 2, I feel it's OP, but at the same time I like the concept. His 3 was because I felt he needed some utility. His ultimate is meant for taking an enemy out of the fight, or to initiate. If I should add the ability to teleport an ally, it would be meant to save them by swapping them out.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 18, 2013 7:18pm | Report
The passive is something I did a while ago, so it doesn't really match the kit, but more the lore. I still like the idea, but the scaling might be bad. Not sure.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » July 18, 2013 7:25pm | Report
I personally detest passives that interact with respawns (Especially Bastet's). It's useless in a teamfight. I'd rather you think of a different one.

I think his 2 is a tad overpowered. Especially to attack speed based champions.

I think in general, you based him too heavily on doorways and not enough on change. You could have done so much more with it. But it's interesting, at least. His ultimate is ridiculously overpowered though.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 18, 2013 7:41pm | Report
Really? I felt that his 4 was probably his best ability. His passive was because he was always prayed to in the morning, daily. So that is why I had that. I'll try to focus some more on change. May I could do it so that he has a magical and physical stance? Where in one he does physical, and the other magical?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 19, 2013 12:43am | Report
Passive: Meh, not the best of passives... Should be reworked.

Skill 1: Good, I like it, is it cast instantly or what? Maybe increase the damage slightly, as it really is the only guaranteed damaging ability he has.

Skill 2: I really like this one! I don't think that it is OP, if enemies don't want to be damaged that don't attack. As long as the attacks doesn't do too much damage, then it is just a really good ultimate, and not OP.

Skill 3: Just a good ability. Maybe make it do damage at the stun, as he only has 1 guaranteed damaging ability.

Ultimate: Really nice. I don't think it's OP, as long as it is on a long cooldown. It already exists in other MOBA:s, and it works very well. Maybe give it a cast time so it isn't THAT powerful. Also, does it count as CC?

Overall, I really like this kit (exept for the current passive). I think you could set up some interesting combos with him, and he fits the theme very well.
(VVGN) - Nice Job!

Have a wonderful day! //VultokoFredrik

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 19, 2013 12:55am | Report
Thank you! His ult would be considered CC but if they are CC immune then he just teleports.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 19, 2013 11:27am | Report
I think that I'll add damage to his 3. But for the 2 should I change it? Because I do have another idea. Wich would change him to physical, or back to magical. And of course I'll work on the passive.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 19, 2013 11:42am | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

I think that I'll add damage to his 3. But for the 2 should I change it? Because I do have another idea. Wich would change him to physical, or back to magical. And of course I'll work on the passive.

I think that the 2 is a really great idea, dont change it for god's sake! But please show the other idea/concept, I would very much like to see it anyway.

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » July 19, 2013 11:47am | Report
Well the ability would be like when he activates it his magical power is changed to physical iCal, and vice versa. Also all of his abilities would change to physical (or magical). I don't know the conversion ratio, but I think that the concept is nice.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by VultokoFredrik » July 19, 2013 1:57pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Well the ability would be like when he activates it his magical power is changed to physical iCal, and vice versa. Also all of his abilities would change to physical (or magical). I don't know the conversion ratio, but I think that the concept is nice.

That is really interesting! And it would fit his theme as well! Maybe you could it have to do something with the passive, i dunno, anyway a very interesting skill!

VultokoFredrik

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }