Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Garuda.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Garuda. 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 3, 2013 8:04am | Report
I took a break of God Concepts, so I'm back with a brand new one, from Hindu Pantheon. I know, the latest Hindu god as Bakasura, but a man can dream.

Garuda, The Mount of Vishnu.

~ Lore ~

WORKING ON IT.

In SMITE, Garuda defends his allies as a Melee, Magical Tank.
Pros: High Crowd Control, High Defense.
Cons: Low Damage.

Skills:
0~Passive.
Protector of Vishnu.

Garuda accquires additional defenses for each ally god within 30 feet of him.
Ability: Buff.
Affects: Self.
Protections: 10.
Max Stacks: 4.

1~Active.
Fire Gust.

Garuda open his majestic wings, creating an gust made of fire, dealing damage and stunning enemies for a small duration.
Ability: Cone.
Affects: Enemy.
Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+40% of your magical power).
Stun: 0.8/1/1.2/1.4/1.6.
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110.
Cooldown: 13 s.

2~Active.
Flight.

Garuda takes flight, crashing in the ground target location, dealing damage and knocking all of enemies in the radius to the side.
Ability: Ground Target.
Affects: Enemy.
Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 (+20% of your magical power).
Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana.
Cooldown: 12 s.

3~Active.
Adisesha.

Garuda summons the snake Adisesha from his left wrist; the serpent grabs the enemy god, and Garuda pulls the serpent to him, as well as the enemy god. It does not pass through enemy minions.
Ability: Line.
Cost: 70/80/90/100/110.
Cooldown: 16 s.

4~Active - ''Ultimate''
Raging Inferno.

After a small buildup, Garuda creates a fire vortex around him, while building up to create such destruction, Garuda slows all enemies in the area. When the building up ends, the Vortex is sucessfully casted, blinding and damaging all enemies in the area.
Damage: 250/325/400/475/550 (+70% of your magical power)
Slow: 15%.
Blind Duration: 4 s.
Cost: 80/90/100/110/120.
Cooldown: 90 s.

Creator's Thoughts:
My mind blown up when I discovered that Garuda is a rumoured god on the battlefields of Smite. So I decided to create an god concept about him! Garuda is a heavy CC Tank, that I recommend to be built as a Pure Tank or a Magical Bruiser. He is quite similar to Ymir and Sobek mixed up. Well, let's talk about the skills. His passive grants additional defenses, according to how much allies are nearby. That would be pretty ''op'' on Assault, Arena and Teamfights. His 1 is Garuda's main damaging ability, while his 2 is his escape. His 3 is a gap-closer, similar to Darius' Pull from League. His Ultimate is similar to Ymir's, and has the blind effect. I WANT MORE BLIND EFFECTS, HIREZ.

Created by:
~DarkJaw.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » August 3, 2013 8:37am | Report
I like it. No major flaws. It doesn't have enough cc for him to be a high crowd control user. Also the scaling on the ult would make it to overpowered.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 3, 2013 8:44am | Report
Aphnex wrote:

I like it. No major flaws. It doesn't have enough cc for him to be a high crowd control user. Also the scaling on the ult would make it to overpowered.

Uh. Actually each of his abilities have CC, except his 1. I compared it to other ultimates of tanks, such as Sobek and Ymir. I think it's pretty balanced, since Garuda cannot move while casting it.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 3, 2013 8:51am | Report
I like the idea (especially because my country's symbol is garuda bird). I don't know if he is a tank cause he got even less CC than that OP anhur. That ult might look like ymir's but if it is only small build up it will be OP but if it is long build up, it will be weak. A tank don't really need an escape, although it will be good for initiating. I just don't really like his ult. And the 3 should not be able to pass minions. The 1 should have small CC like a slow i think.

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 3, 2013 9:00am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I like the idea (especially because my country's symbol is garuda bird). I don't know if he is a tank cause he got even less CC than that OP anhur. That ult might look like ymir's but if it is only small build up it will be OP but if it is long build up, it will be weak. A tank don't really need an escape, although it will be good for initiating. I just don't really like his ult. And the 3 should not be able to pass minions. The 1 should have small CC like a slow i think.

Hmm. So you're of Indonesia, or maybe thailand? Alright, I think after that feedback I'll be remaking his ultimate's damage, but I'll keep with the blind effect. His 3 does not pass through minions already.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 3, 2013 9:18am | Report
I'm from Indonesia. The blind is good

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Raventhor » August 3, 2013 2:26pm | Report
The problem I have with this god is how he's mashed up. His scaling prevents him from being a mage, but he feels like a guan-yu type tank in that the CC he does have aren't really tank-like; that is, he has no stuns or positioning-changing CC other than that snake grip. The leap sort of is, but would be very very hard to land. And as far as tank goes, the only thing making him a tank is his passive. Otherwise he has nothing that makes him function as a tank or survive as a tank, since all of his CC involves either escape, or literally bringing the enemy to him. Athena has a taunt; Sobek has a knockup; Ymir has a stun. All of these are close range, but at the same time keep him alive through CC.

I like the idea, I just wish there was something really unique. His 1 is a regular cone attack, his 2 is literally Anhur's jump, his 3 is a basic version of arachne's ult, and his 4 is an ult version of Ra's blind.

I may be a bit biased, as I'm annoyed at the overwhelming amount of magical tanks and lack of physical tanks (Being limited to Odin, as Vamana and Hercules are more bruisers than tank), but I digress, I've laid out my reasonings. I commend the effort and detail you put into it, and I'd very much like to see a Chimera type god in this game.
-Demolibium

Raventhor
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Eminent (158)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » August 3, 2013 9:08pm | Report
Let us begin:

Passive: Nice idea, survivability in teamfights and allows some fun Arena Mode gameplay!

Ability 1: Typical Damage ability, all gods need them.

Ability 2: Glad to see it has a ground target, Fits in nice with the kit, lets him get up close and personal! Knockback can save lives these-days...

Ability 3: Ok this one is almost too close to Arachne ultimate... Emphasis on ultimate. Good idea for high costs but maybe say the target is invulnrable to damage while being pulled?

Ultimate: Nice AOE damage for a Magical tank as they all have one.

I myself like this idea very much!

I have not played SMITE in ages so my viewpoint on damage outputs etc. is a bit rusty so take what I say with a grain of salt.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SurvivorZombeh » August 5, 2013 4:40pm | Report
I honestly like the idea, It seems very cool and unique. Plus all of his moves fit together in my opinion so I give it a thumbs up :)

SurvivorZombeh

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » August 5, 2013 5:36pm | Report
Oh, thanks for the feedback guys. I'll change some stuff soon enough.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }