Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Gaia (Greek Titan/God) ( Heavy Tank/ Support)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Gaia (Greek Titan/God) ( Heavy Tank/ Support) 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 9:11am | Report
assault has a few items that aren't in because they don't work, specifically the items that stack based on kills because lack of jungle and 5 gods in a lane competing for last hits.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 9:29am | Report

assault has a few items that aren't in because they don't work, specifically the items that stack based on kills because lack of jungle and 5 gods in a lane competing for last hits.

Hmm, k, I really though that it was usual, like in dota 2, they also dont allow certain items with certain gods.
I really think I saw locked items in other gamemodes, probably in arena or the random game mode thingy.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 9:32am | Report
oh,yeah, that's new. Items are locked if they are the opposite kind, so physical god can't buy magical power items, and vice versa.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 9:42am | Report

oh,yeah, that's new. Items are locked if they are the opposite kind, so physical god can't buy magical power items, and vice versa.

But yeah, the passive could also include that items cost more, which means she won't have many items to choose from in a whole match.
And still, still looks balanced, with her movement and attack speed. The attack still takes time to slam, so enemies can easily avoid it, because of their quicker movement speed, minions however are too ******ed. Even by grappling hooking them, she only would get one hit. And the knockback that comes with it also increases the distance between her and the enemy. It also requires mana, and her basic attack, the vine slam, will have practically no damage at all as baseline.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » August 20, 2013 10:21am | Report
Making items cost more is sooo stupid, nobody would pick her. She wouldn't be able to be tanky because she won't be able to buy anything. So no, don't do that at all.

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 10:22am | Report
I understand, but the "indestructible tank" thing just isn't balanced, because of how the minitaur works.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 10:34am | Report

I understand, but the "indestructible tank" thing just isn't balanced, because of how the minitaur works.

One on one the minotaur, Gaia won't be able to do any damage.

When teammates are there, she will need the aura magic damage item to let the minotaur prioritize her. Because with her attack speed, other gods will still be prioritized between the attacks of her.

She still has to pick a really fortunate opportunity, because she doesn't have an escape, with her movement speed. The more tanky she is against the minotaur, means she won't be able to escape.
And about her passive, the minotaur is like the tower, so she won't grow that much bigger.

Becoming prioritized is also hard for her, because enemy gods can easily avoid her.

So I don't know what aspect would probably make her unbalanced against the minotaur?

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 11:57am | Report
It can't kill her, and she can use her ok speed with he basic attack to do so.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 1:00pm | Report

It can't kill her, and she can use her ok speed with he basic attack to do so.

I added to the passive that also the attack speed decreases.

So still, there won't be a situation where Gaia can just calmly kill the minotaur.
In a situation where it does have influence, end game, it doesnt matter that much anymore.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 1:41pm | Report
eh, still. The other problems are that she doesn't really seem fun to play, and she's incredibly underpowered.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }