Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Gaia (Greek Titan/God) ( Heavy Tank/ Support)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Gaia (Greek Titan/God) ( Heavy Tank/ Support) 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 19, 2013 8:46am | Report
God: Gaia
Role: Tank, support
Type: Physical, melee
Pros: High defense, High sustain

Stats:
- Health: 520 (+102)
- Health Regen: 8 (+1)
- Mana: X? (+X?)
- Mana Regen: X? (+X?)
- Magic Protection: 30 (+0.6)
- Physical Protection: 15 (+3)
- Movement Speed: 355 (+0)
- Attacks/Second: 0.75 (+0.01)
- Physical Power: 40 (+1.9)

Passive: Grow
1% of the damage taken from an enemy god, friendly god or self and 0.2% of minions is returned as a permanent damage reduction. This damage reduction applies to damage taken from gods and minions, not towers, phoenixes or the minotaur.
Per 2% of damage reduction (from this passive) Gaia gets 1% movement speed reduction, 0.01% attack speed reduction, and physical power increased by 0.5.
- Ability: Buff
- Affects: Self
- Gained from: Damage from Gods (1%) and minions (0.2%)
- Applies to: Damaged from Gods and minions
- Max Damage Reduction: 74%

Skill 1: Grappling Vine
Gaia throws out her vine-arm to grab an enemy or ally and pull it towards her. After the pull she holds on to her victim for a 4 seconds, slowing them. By pressing the skill again she throws the grappled character away. Allies receive no further effects, but enemies are dealt damage when landing. When the target lands (friend or foe) it deals damage in a radius to enemies.
- Ability: Projectile
- Affects: Enemies and allies.
- Damage: Physical
- Landing Damage: X?(+X? physical power)
- Radius Landing Damage: X?(+X? physical power)
- Slow: X? (+X? physical power)
- Cooldown: 5 seconds
- Mana cost: X?

Skill 2: Oath in the name of Gaia
Gaia will yell "you once swear an oath in my name, GAIA". If an ally is hit, he or she will become Gaia's oathtaker. Which means, that that god will have a damage reduction, unless Gaia changes oathtaker. The damage reduced by this is done to Gaia instead. If an enemy is hit, they are feared.
- Ability: Line
- Affects: Gods (Enemy or Ally)
- Damage Reduction: 5% / 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%
- Cooldown: 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 seconds
- Mana cost: X?

Skill 3: Gaia Tree
Gaia places a tree on the ground that heals nearby allies. The trees last until destroyed, max number is reached, or when Gaia gets killed. 3 trees besides each other can block off a jungle path.
- Ability: "Pet"
- Affects: Allies (Gods and minions) and self
- Radius: 10
- Max Trees: 3
- Healing: 50% / 75% / 100% / 125% / 150% OF Gaia's HP5
- Heath: 60% / 70% / 80% / 90% / 100% OF Gaia's Health
- Cooldown: 18 seconds
- Mana cost: X

Skill 4 (Ult): March of the Titans
Gaia buffs friends in a radius, giving extra protection and faster health regeneration equal to Gaia's HP5. If a friendly god in the radius drops below 25% of his health, he takes 50% less damage, that damage is done to Gaia instead. Gaia's basic attack deals damage in a radius and knocks back enemies.
- Ability: Buff
- Affects: Allies (Gods) and self
- Protections: 5 / 15 / 25 / 35 / 45
- Basic Attack Radius: 12
- Radius: 35
- Duration: 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 seconds
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
- Mana Cost: X

Recommended Items
- Ankh of the Golem
- Stone of Gaia
- Bracer of Replenishment
- Gauntlet of Thebes
- Shield of Regrowth
- Plated Greaves
- Bulwark of Hope

- Aegis Amulet (4 seconds of indestructibility)

Note:
Personally I never see a full indestructible tank in games. Often the survivability is determined by how fast you can kill the other player. So I would like to see a real tank god, that does nothing besides keeping its team alive.

So Gaia:

Why Gaia: I just found it the best suitable god (titan) that would fit with healing skills, while still being a mountain.

Appearance: Much like a stone golem and dryad combined, so maybe a close resemblance to Tiny from dota 2. With vines holding the rocks together, having a back that is home to some fauna and flora. Really big god.

Stats:

She is a physical, melee god.

A lot of health and health regeneration gain.
Low mana and not that much mana regeneration gain.
Slow movement, to a base movement of 340.
Attack speed is 0.9 and damage practically nothing, with almost no gain. Slap from a vine.

Skills:

Passive: 1% of all damage taken from gods(friend, ally or self) returns, after several seconds back as permanent health increase. Only 0.1% returns from damage taken from towers and minions.
For each 100 health gained this way, Gaia moves 1% slower and attacks 1% slower (reduced AFTER items bonus and skill buffs!)

Skill 1: Heavy Rock basic attack
Toggle, self, 4 sec cooldown, The basic attack becomes a very heavy hit done by her rock arm. With extremely low attack speed, 0.45, the attack knocks back enemies, deals damage in a very small radius, and does some self damage. Still physical damage. This consumes some mana per hit.

Skill 2: Vine Grappling Hook
Gaia throws a vine that grabs an allied or enemy god and pulls him or her towards her. The god can still run, attack and use abilities, but his movement speed is lowered. If the movement speed is high enough they can move out of range after they got grappled. This doesn't deal any damage! After a short period Gaia releases her target, before that, she can press the button again to throw away the god over some distance, the enemy god gets damaged when landing. This skill is the main skill of Gaia, and has a low cooldown and mana cost.

Skill 3: Give Life!
Gaia starts to absorb the missing health of allies in a small radius around her. (channel skill)
Allied gods are rapidly healed over several seconds, for each health healed, Gaia is dealt the same amount as physical damage. Gaia heals the wounds of her ally by sacrificing her health.
To cancel the ability, press button again. The healing consumes mana. Short cooldown of 10 seconds.

Skill Ult:
Gaia creates a tree that stays alive forever or until the maximum amount of trees is reached. Their can be 3 trees. 3 trees besides each other they are as wide as the ice wall of Ymir. The trees slowly heal allies (trees, minions, gods)and themselves in a small radius. They also have the same passive as Gaia. 0.1% of all damage taken is returned in permanent health after several seconds. Cast and forget spell! If Gaia dies, the trees die.

Pros:
-Low crowd control (grappling vine)
-Supportive (grappling vine)
-Very high sustain and defense

Counters:
-Weaker against magical damage
-Slow
-NO damage output at all.
-Enemies can ignore her, and deal only kill shots at the nearby ally of Gaia and Gaia herself. ---Harassing is a bad idea.
-Crowd control on Gaia will surely make her movement speed a terrible curse.
-Assassins with lifesteal that can single her out, if enough time, kill her.
-Solo capabilities of Gaia are very low.
-Due to her movement speed, the enemy team can gank the lanes without having to worry that Gaia can help her friend.

Post any questions or feedback
I'll redesign her, now I know that the maximum health is 5500

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 19, 2013 9:09am | Report
ok, first off, 360 movement speed is actually the base-line for smite. 2nd,all gods start with the same magical defence, at 30. literally every one, so low magical defense isn't a thing. Also, plz, don't just give rough estimates of stats, show them. It makes everyones lives easier. mini-stuns also aren't a thing in Smite, just 1s stuns. Ok, so on to the actual god, not bad, but there are some problems. The passive is crazy OP, and with even a little strategy you could be easily tanking the minotaur by the time you get to him. Plus, it's kinda already a thing in Herc's mitigate wounds ability, and I suggest trying to re-work it. The 1 is ok, but it still has problems in way of balance. How much damage does it add? How much of your physical power does it use? These are things that we need to know. The 2 is nice, kinda like pudge fused with Ares fused with Aphro, so it works. The 3 is almost counter-productive, and doesn't make much sence without cost and duration. The Ult's OK, I suppose, simply because it's like creating a friendly tower but instead of dealing damage, it heals. This is a great concept, and perfect for Gaia, but it needs work to be balanced.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 5:04am | Report

ok, first off, 360 movement speed is actually the base-line for smite. 2nd,all gods start with the same magical defence, at 30. literally every one, so low magical defense isn't a thing. Also, plz, don't just give rough estimates of stats, show them. It makes everyones lives easier. mini-stuns also aren't a thing in Smite, just 1s stuns. Ok, so on to the actual god, not bad, but there are some problems. The passive is crazy OP, and with even a little strategy you could be easily tanking the minotaur by the time you get to him. Plus, it's kinda already a thing in Herc's mitigate wounds ability, and I suggest trying to re-work it. The 1 is ok, but it still has problems in way of balance. How much damage does it add? How much of your physical power does it use? These are things that we need to know. The 2 is nice, kinda like pudge fused with Ares fused with Aphro, so it works. The 3 is almost counter-productive, and doesn't make much sence without cost and duration. The Ult's OK, I suppose, simply because it's like creating a friendly tower but instead of dealing damage, it heals. This is a great concept, and perfect for Gaia, but it needs work to be balanced.

Wow, very in depth feedback, cool.

So yeah, like I said in my note, it's more a personal god that I would want to see. Her function should just be "STAY ALIVE" and literally absorb the damage for his friends. She has NO damage output at all. NO damage, just defense, so soloing, time wasting.

1) I didn't want to put numbers on it because I don't have extensive knowledge of Smite. (i'm only lvl 13)
2) So the minimum stun duration is 1 second? --> The rock attack will just knockback enemies.
3) So with the baseline speed 360, and the passive being OP, maybe, combine these 2 --> That the bigger you get by the health gain, the slower you get. With of course a minimum movement speed.
4) I don't think racking up the health by yourself, you won't get that quick, enemies can still nuke you, due to the delay of the gain, otherwise you can't be killed for a very long time, until the engine converts it to zero.
5)Tanking the minotaur: this would be if Gaia could deal ANY damage.
6) the first skill would still have very low DPS, with the ridiculous low attack speed. And hit and run won't be an option with Gaia.
7)Pudge ability is still focused on damage dealing, this grappling vine, is just to get friends to you, pull them out of danger, or pull the danger (enemies) to you, and then throw away. Unlike other abilities it doesn't feature a stun or debuff, and enemies with the sprint active, can still escape it, before Gaia could throw them away.

Conclusion: Because you are annoyed by the fact it's only an idea, and not a complete representation with numbers, i will try to make this one more official in the future, when I have further knowledge about the inside of Smite. I'll also make some concept art.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 6:03am | Report
Would you mind if I tried? Every god needs damage, but she seems very easily balanced with some small changes, and I know Smite like the back of my hand ;)

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » August 20, 2013 8:02am | Report
I don't know, I don't really like no damage at all or at least so little. I don't know if it will work cause in any game of MOBA that I played, all supports also have damage. In smite, most supports actually have too much damage (aphrodite, Chang-e). In LoL, even Sona and Janna (if you know) have some damage that could kill and hurt much too.

I don't think she has high sustain except with her tree. I think the tree should have limited time of living, if not, it's gonna be OP in assault. Like Isis, her only heal is ult which is not a really high sustain.

The lower attack speed in attacks speed is just crazy. It is only 1 hit per 10 seconds, it's just too slow.

Idk if it would work

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 8:08am | Report
also, btw, ankh of the golem completely breaks this char.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 8:57am | Report

also, btw, ankh of the golem completely breaks this char.

Hmmm I see, but there is an item that basic attacks deal 2.5% damage, so one of those physical carries (neith, that mayan guy, ...) can kill her very fast.

It isn't uncommon that they ban items for certain characters.

Also, for people who want to do some damage, this would be the only option with Gaia.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » August 20, 2013 9:00am | Report
dude, nobody bans items for gods. What.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 9:07am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

I don't know, I don't really like no damage at all or at least so little. I don't know if it will work cause in any game of MOBA that I played, all supports also have damage. In smite, most supports actually have too much damage (aphrodite, Chang-e). In LoL, even Sona and Janna (if you know) have some damage that could kill and hurt much too.

I don't think she has high sustain except with her tree. I think the tree should have limited time of living, if not, it's gonna be OP in assault. Like Isis, her only heal is ult which is not a really high sustain.

The lower attack speed in attacks speed is just crazy. It is only 1 hit per 10 seconds, it's just too slow.

Idk if it would work

well, there is a LONG explanation for that. That in current games that there is this rage of damage as means of defense. That supports have some damage dealing capabilities in most of those MOBA's is that a lot of people also don't like to play as a 100% support, they mostly want some offensive abilities, it also functions as harass. Most supports are squishy, so to keep them alive they need escapes or some offense. Also this idea of damage as defense gives noobs more chance of killing other players, due that random events can mean fatality. But this is just somethings, if you want to discuss, start private message with me.

Still, with all those gods, it wont be bad that they feature all gameplays, if you dont like the no damage output, you have other gods that can.

The attack speed: it's indeed a bit too much, I wasnt thinking about the number, sorry.

MyGoldfish

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by MyGoldfish » August 20, 2013 9:09am | Report

dude, nobody bans items for gods. What.

no? then it is probably only in assault and other gamemodes that some are banned.

Still, only option for damage dealing for Gaia, also means having to trade this in for other needed items.

MyGoldfish

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }