Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea! Di-Kang-Wang, god of Ghosts. <------(He's Chinese)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea! Di-Kang-Wang, god of Ghosts. <------(He's Chinese) 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 23, 2013 9:18am | Report
Di-Kang-Wong: Underworld god of Ghosts
Good Harasser, high Area damage.

Magical Melee- He swings chains

Passive: Ghostly Body- because Di-Kang-Wang is a ghost, every 5th basic attack that should hit him, passes through him. His basic attacks utilize a 3 swing chain, he third attack shooting out I front of him and passing all enemies.

1: Unsettled Souls- The dead have been awoken by all the commotion up top and want it to stop, so they reach there hands up from the ground and lift every enemy god into the air for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds and then pull their hands back underground dealing 80/125/200/250/275 (+25% magical power) when they pull their hands down, the enemy gods are stunned for 1 second.
(This has the targeting of Anubis' Grasping Hands ability, but acts as Freya's Banish)

2: Banished Moans- Mr. Wang was known for causing uproars in the underworld. He gains followers and has them scream all around him. Enemies in the area are slowed by 15% and lose 10/20/30/40/40 magical protection. Both effects last 4 seconds.

3: Upright Coffin- When Mr. Wang died, he died upright in his coffin, and didn't decay. When he uses this ability he throws his coffin out infront of him dealing 95/125/155/185/215 magical damage (+15% magical power) also, he is knocked back and away form the coffin (like Vulcan's 1) and he gains 10/15/20/25/30 HP5 for 5/6/7/8/9 seconds. The coffin passes through all units, enemy gods hit are rooted for 1/1/1.5/2/2 seconds.

4: Possession- Mr. Wang throws down a prison cage, enemies are then pulled towards the cage and take 40/50/60/70/80 damage per second. The cage is there for 5 seconds The first god to touch the cage is possessed by Mr. Wang. The enemy that is possessed takes an additional 50% damage and can take damage from anything, including allies. When the possession is over Mr. Wang takes 50%/40%/30%/20%/10% of all the damage that was dealt to the enemy god. If he dies from that damage the enemy that was possessed takes 200/300/400/500/600 (+50% magical power). The possession lasts for 4 seconds

I say Mr. Wang because I don't want to type out the whole name #lazy

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Piederman » June 25, 2013 1:54am | Report
The scale doesn't seem like you've thought about it much, 4.5 seconds knockup followed by a 1 second stun for a low cooldown ability? 40% Movement speed slow along with 50 Magical Protection for 6 seconds? I think you have to take some more time to decide some real numbers because as it is now, these would be the most op effects in the game. I like the idea for the passive though.

Piederman

Prominent (39)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » June 25, 2013 9:29am | Report
I have to say, Ive seen most of your god ideas and this one is quite interesting, but its also one of your worst ones.

Now dont get me wrong, the ideas of your skills are fairly interesting, however they are scaled poorly. The passive is completely useless. One basic attack that passes threw him will do nothing; AD carries like Sun Wu- I mean Hun Batz will just instantly retaliate with burst damage skill or stun or some other cc. Besides even if the attack passes through him, the next attack wont be that far behind, and mages rely on theor skills, making the passive even more useless. Also 3 his chin seems a bit low if the third goes threw all enemies, why not a 5 or 6?

Unsettling Souls is just op. A max of 4 second banish along with damage and a stun?? Thats like 2 towers AND a triple kill with correct timing, considering every match ever at least 3 people escape a single team fight with less than 1% health because your Xbalanque doesnt ****ing know how to time his ******** ultimate correctly. I do like the fact that you tried to bring back the banish cc though, but everything about this skill screams OP.

I actually liked Banished Moans. However you made it too strong. make the effects last a maximum of 4 MAYBE 4.5 seconds as well as decreasing the slow percentage by 15 or 10%. Another way you can balance it as well as giving him a great late game is to keep the magical protection loss at a constant 35 and make the max time 3.5 seconds.

There's not much wrong with Upright Coffin other than the fact that the skill itself is random, and the fact that it roots people is random. The skillitself is already used by his third basic attack (sortof) and how a coffin roots someone is beyond me. In my opinion the skill itself shoud get a rehaul, its just (and i sound like a broken record) random.

Where do I start on his ultimate. Well, for starters Ia guess the fact posessing someone is just wrong and op on its own, but a very interesting idea. If you're committed to this bei ng a posession then let me tell ypu right now: IT TAKES LESS THAN 3 SECONDS FOR SOMEONE TO DIE. Especially if they can be attacked by anything. Hell, you can just hit the fg once and let himxdo moat the damage and fish him off whe n its over. Posession should be complicated. Like maybe +50% damage taken for max 3 seconds? Either way, it most likley wont fit. What i suggest doing with the ultimate is when the first god touches the cage, make it to where he's trapped inside the cage for 4 seconds taking damage every .5 seconds or something like that. And the pulling in could do damage because its likely no god will touch the cage everytime.

All in all the ideas are ubique in someway but are wayyy to unbalanced. Put more me in the amount of time and damage because 1 second may not seem like alot, but in SMITE its an eternity.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 25, 2013 12:51pm | Report
Ok, thanks for the input. I was beginning to think nobody liked it because nobody was commenting on it.. I'll edit the stuff after the patch notes!

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 25, 2013 3:35pm | Report
Aphnex wrote:

I have to say, Ive seen most of your god ideas and this one is quite interesting, but its also one of your worst ones.

Now dont get me wrong, the ideas of your skills are fairly interesting, however they are scaled poorly. The passive is completely useless. One basic attack that passes threw him will do nothing; AD carries like Sun Wu- I mean Hun Batz will just instantly retaliate with burst damage skill or stun or some other cc. Besides even if the attack passes through him, the next attack wont be that far behind, and mages rely on theor skills, making the passive even more useless. Also 3 his chin seems a bit low if the third goes threw all enemies, why not a 5 or 6?

Unsettling Souls is just op. A max of 4 second banish along with damage and a stun?? Thats like 2 towers AND a triple kill with correct timing, considering every match ever at least 3 people escape a single team fight with less than 1% health because your Xbalanque doesnt ****ing know how to time his ******** ultimate correctly. I do like the fact that you tried to bring back the banish cc though, but everything about this skill screams OP.

I actually liked Banished Moans. However you made it too strong. make the effects last a maximum of 4 MAYBE 4.5 seconds as well as decreasing the slow percentage by 15 or 10%. Another way you can balance it as well as giving him a great late game is to keep the magical protection loss at a constant 35 and make the max time 3.5 seconds.

There's not much wrong with Upright Coffin other than the fact that the skill itself is random, and the fact that it roots people is random. The skillitself is already used by his third basic attack (sortof) and how a coffin roots someone is beyond me. In my opinion the skill itself shoud get a rehaul, its just (and i sound like a broken record) random.

Where do I start on his ultimate. Well, for starters Ia guess the fact posessing someone is just wrong and op on its own, but a very interesting idea. If you're committed to this bei ng a posession then let me tell ypu right now: IT TAKES LESS THAN 3 SECONDS FOR SOMEONE TO DIE. Especially if they can be attacked by anything. Hell, you can just hit the fg once and let himxdo moat the damage and fish him off whe n its over. Posession should be complicated. Like maybe +50% damage taken for max 3 seconds? Either way, it most likley wont fit. What i suggest doing with the ultimate is when the first god touches the cage, make it to where he's trapped inside the cage for 4 seconds taking damage every .5 seconds or something like that. And the pulling in could do damage because its likely no god will touch the cage everytime.

All in all the ideas are ubique in someway but are wayyy to unbalanced. Put more me in the amount of time and damage because 1 second may not seem like alot, but in SMITE its an eternity.

The reasoning for his 3 is because of his lore, in his lore he without decaying, and he likes laying in his coffin upright. maybe change it so that instead of a root it knocks all enemies back that are hit by it? And should I remove the knockback that affects him?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 25, 2013 7:43pm | Report
I haven't gotten the invite yet, or is the clan full already?
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by M4XiiMUS » June 25, 2013 8:17pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

Wrong forum?

M4XiiMUS

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by RazeMage » June 25, 2013 8:48pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

There are only 3 people now

RazeMage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » June 25, 2013 11:57pm | Report
M4XiiMUS wrote:

Wrong forum?

Well this is embarrassing....
Still, I swear to god I posted this in the correct forum because I remember reading through the posts to see who got invites... Alas, no need to derail this.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lrv7795 » June 26, 2013 12:07am | Report
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/chinese-mythology.php?deity=DI-KANG-WANG

If you read the lore, the moves fit frighteningly well. Fix the scaling and IMO the only way the character would be likable in the game is if he was comical. Everything about him is just silly, this is why humor should play a role in his in-game personality.

Lrv7795

Notable (1)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }