Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

God Idea: Amaterasu, the Heavens' Radiance

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » God Idea: Amaterasu, the Heavens' Radiance 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fungamespl » November 6, 2013 8:32am | Report

Name: Amaterasu

Title: Heavens' Radiance

Pantheon: Shintou (Japanese)

Type: I think that Amaterasu's idea is suited for a Warrior (Bruiser), a Mage or a Support type.
For purpose of my own idea I propose Melee Bruiser/Warrior type Amaterasu.

Damage type: hybrid

Pros: High Mobility, High Defense, High Sustain, Versatile Damage Type, Resistant to CC

Cons: Low CC, Item Dependent

Abilities:

Passive: Tranquil Composure - Amateratsu's exceptional calmness allows her to bear almost any strife. 10%/20%/30% passive immunity to CCs is gained, (1st, 7th and 15th level) stacking additively with Resolve.

Attack Progression: 1/0.5/0.5 damage and swing time

Sun Ray - Amaterasu instantly blinks at speed of light to single target enemy and deals one melee attack to the enemy targetted, triggering on-hit effects. This can be cast on ground as a means of utility.

Ability: Ground Target Affects: Single Enemy Additional Damage: 40/80/120/160/200 (70% of your Physical Power) Cost: 45/50/55/60/65 CD: 12

Trial of Heavens - Amaterasu defies enemies, attempting a trial on them. Spirits emanate from her, judging both her and enemies' current % health. Should she have more or equal health than any of the enemies, her attacks deal additional 1,5% of her max health in true damage for 8 seconds and she is healed for the same amount; else they do +15/25/35/45/60 Magic Damage (+40% of your Physical Power) to all nearby enemies for 8 seconds.

Ability: Buff; Self Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 CD: 16

Pure Light Amaterasu's body radiates with light, changing her Physical Penetration to Magic Penetration, increasing her resistances by 10/15/20/25/30 and dealing 50/90/130/180/220 Magic Damage over three seconds to enemies near her. Resistances remain for four more seconds if any enemy remains near her at the end of the duration.

Ability: Area; Buff Affects: Enemy; Self Radius: 35 Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 CD: 15

Divine Reflection - Ultimate Ability - Amaterasu projects herself onto a mirror, hiding herself from the world and thus taking all the light that is on the world. All enemy gods' view is obstructed to their nearby vicinity. (melee range; this is global effect) After two seconds Amateratsu shows up once again, blinding and slowing enemy gods by 60/70/80% for three seconds, slow diminishing over time, and dealing 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% of their max HP in Magic Damage to them.

Amateratsu may still be harmed during the duration (i.e. the mirror may be struck), although she is immune to CC. She may move during the duration.

Ability: Area Affects: Enemy Damage/CC Radius: 40 Cost: 90 CD: 90

Recommended Items:

Ankh of the Golem; Frostbound Hammer; Reinforced Greaves; Hide of the Leviathan; Mail of Renewal; Mystical Mark; Qin's Blades; Rage; Soul Eater; Sovereignty; Warrior Tabi; Titan's Bane; Voidblade; Pestilence; Eye of Retalation

General commentary: This plan for Amaterasu may not be perfect nor balanced. My primary intent is to promote more recognisable gods from other pantheons than there are in Smite, so any suggestions, nerfs, or alternate plans for her skillset are welcome. My ideas for her skills are loosly based on her history and myths in which she takes part. The general champion idea, as a playable entity is not surprisingly based on League of Legends' Irelia's, Leona's and Nocturne's pararrel abilities. I've noticed that this is a common practice in Smite, although I don't think of it as a flaw - solutions that work are always welcome and could be copied to some extent, as long as some degree of originality is involved in the process of creating new gods for Smite.

My firstmost idea was that Amaterasu should be Magic Power-based hybrid melee bruiser (kinda like Freya, but more tankish and less overpowered/hypercarry) but since heroes can no longer buy items "out of their spec" I had to suggest that her damage type and penetrations change due to her skills.

Fungamespl

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 6, 2013 8:40am | Report
She needs a wolf-form in her abilities somewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Ckami

If you don't get it, her full name is Okami Amaterasu.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Dark Jaw » November 6, 2013 8:43am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

This was a ''joke'' made by Capcom. She wasn't related to Wolves or anything, mythology-wise from what I know of. I ****ing love this game, tho.

Dark Jaw

Prominent (44)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fungamespl » November 6, 2013 8:58am | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

That could go for a skin ^^

Fungamespl

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 7, 2013 10:23am | Report
Ow, my eyes. Please change the colors to be less seizure-inducing.

Passive: Jesus, this ultimate is weird. I think 70% CC reduction is completely broken, because every single Amaretsu will buy Magi's Blessing to make a 1 second stun into a 0.3 second. You will become pretty much immune to CC. I like it, provided if her kit isn't as OP as the others.

1: Congrats! Combat Blink as an escape! And it has a 12 second cooldown, which is lower than almost all other leaps/dashes in the game! Give it a really short distance, a long cooldown, or both.

2: Broken. 9% health damage for every attack, as TRUE damage? 8% as additional damage is already ****ing scary enough, there is no ******* need to turn it into true damage. And returned to her as healing? You realize that with health items, even a carry will have 3k+ health. 3000 x 0.09 = 270 true damage per attack. Bakasura has a temporary buff that gives 70 true damage. Broken. Just broken. Oh yeah, it also takes no skill to use, sicne it's in an area around Amaretsu in a huge circle!

3: You are getting too greedy. You want strong autoattacks, strong spells, short cooldowns, insane escapes, and hybrid damage, and converted penetrations. NO!

4: You know what? Just look at all of the other entries for my opinion on this. Just broken.

Overall: I'm not this angry and harsh on most of the ****py gods I see, but this one is personal. You are way too greedy, with...everything! She has literally no weaknesses. As in, none. She can be tanky, has good sustain, stupid damage, good defenses, a global ult, hybrid damage, self buffs, a perfect escape, EVERYTHING YOU WOULD WANT IN A GOD, ITS HERE!

TLDR VERSION: NO! Nerf to oblivion!

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » November 8, 2013 5:29pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

That was a pun by Clover.

Ookami is the Japanese word for wolf.
Kami is the Japanese word for god.

Also, her real name is Omikami Amaterasu, not Ōkami Amaterasu.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » November 8, 2013 6:18pm | Report
HiFromBuddha wrote:

That was a pun by Clover.

Ookami is the Japanese word for wolf.
Kami is the Japanese word for god.

Also, her real name is Omikami Amaterasu, not �kami Amaterasu.

my bad.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Fungamespl » November 9, 2013 8:22am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Passive: Jesus, this ultimate is weird.

It's kinda normal in League of Legend's Irelia. (though she gains more CC reduction for each enemy champion nearby)

Subzero008 wrote:
I think 70% CC reduction is completely broken, because every single Amaretsu will buy Magi's Blessing to make a 1 second stun into a 0.3 second.

Yes. And? You can already achieve that with Reinforced Greaves + Magi's Blessing if I'm not mistaken. And even if - what's wrong with 70% reduction? Do you consider other in-game passives to be much worse than 30% CC immunity?

For example, Tyr cannot be CCd for more than 1 second. ( Unyielding)

Subzero008 wrote:
1: Congrats! Combat Blink as an escape!

And?

Subzero008 wrote:
And it has a 12 second cooldown, which is lower than almost all other leaps/dashes in the game!

Hades, Bastet, Bakusura have 12 second CD as well. Odin and Hun Batz lower their cooldown with each level up to 11 seconds.

Subzero008 wrote:
Give it a really short distance, a long cooldown, or both.

It won't be long, though I haven't specified yet how much. I must do my research/maths on that.

Subzero008 wrote:
2: Broken. 9% health damage for every attack, as TRUE damage?

Bakusura does flat 70 on his last level. And he's got additional passive Physical Damage.

But you're right, I've done wrong maths on that. It should be around 35 damage when having 3k health, so I guess it should be 1-2% max health flat on all levels.

Subzero008 wrote:
And returned to her as healing?

Now that I got it right, consider her dealing about 30 true damage from her max health. Is that OK?

Subzero008 wrote:
Oh yeah, it also takes no skill to use, sicne it's in an area around Amaretsu in a huge circle!

About that - she only deals AoE damage when NOT dealing True Damage. (so when no enemy had equal or less % health than she)

Subzero008 wrote:
You are getting too greedy. You want strong autoattacks, strong spells, short cooldowns, insane escapes, and hybrid damage, and converted penetrations. NO!

I actually find nothing OP about the third skill. Maybe she could get no penetrations though.

Subzero008 wrote:
4: You know what? Just look at all of the other entries for my opinion on this. Just broken.
Overall: I'm not this angry and harsh on most of the ****py gods I see, but this one is personal. You are way too greedy, with...everything!

I've just made a math mistake on her 2nd skill. You didn't bother to say anything sensible about other skills after you read that one.

Subzero008 wrote:
She has literally no weaknesses.

She's got only one CC. In her ulti. With updated 2nd skill (so that she deals about 1-2% max her health damage) she is very item dependant. Her flat damage from skills really ISN'T that great. Have you noticed?

Subzero008 wrote:
a global ult

Yes. Global as in "Xbalanque's ulti global", instead that she doesn't stun you if you continue to move.

Subzero008 wrote:
a perfect escape

Well, for example Loki has perfect escapes as well but noone blames him. He has no sustain but instead high burst. Amaterasu deals sustained damage because she must be build tanky. And she wouldn't deal as much damage as Bakusura, healing instead so that she's sustainable.

Subzero008 wrote:

TLDR VERSION: NO! Nerf to oblivion!

TL;DR I'm updating my error so that damage from her 2nd skill is only 1,5% max HP in True Damage.

Fungamespl

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » November 9, 2013 8:43am | Report
ok, first off, here's where Sub was more right:

the max CDR normally is 40% or 50%, so yeah, you can't buy both of those.

Tyr is only hard CC

A blink is OP in smite because it's instant and all the other's aren't. Plus you can't see where the person is going, AND it always goes through walls because blink.

The damage scaling reduction is fine, yeah.

The damage on the 3 is a little high for everything else it gives and how easy it is to hit, I'd suggest lowering it.

Bruiser's with high damage don't need CC

Loki only has an escape if you don't hit him while invisible or if he uses his ult which has a fairly normal ulti cooldown

if the dmaage on the ulti is only in a small area, then fine, but global super-damage is OP as hell.

Swampmist1142

Remarkable (8)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » November 11, 2013 10:28am | Report
Fungamespl wrote:

It's kinda normal in League of Legend's Irelia. (though she gains more CC reduction for each enemy champion nearby)

Yes. And? You can already achieve that with Reinforced Greaves + Magi's Blessing if I'm not mistaken. And even if - what's wrong with 70% reduction? Do you consider other in-game passives to be much worse than 30% CC immunity?

For example, Tyr cannot be CCd for more than 1 second. ( Unyielding)

Tyr doesn't becomes virtually immune to CC. Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you perhaps new to Smite? Most of the stuns in this game are 1 second or shorter, and Tyr's passive only protects him from the huge stuns and mesmerizes and such, and doesn't make him immune to chain stuns. He has weaknesses, a flat 70% CC reduction does not.

Also, if you've actually done your homework, you'd realize that 40% CC reduction is the cap.

Fungamespl wrote:

And?

Hades, Bastet, Bakusura have 12 second CD as well. Odin and Hun Batz lower their cooldown with each level up to 11 seconds.

It won't be long, though I haven't specified yet how much. I must do my research/maths on that.

And? You seem awfully fond of that word.

All the other teleports are both delayed and have some indication of where they are going. You're saying that your massive bowl of coffee counts as "one cup."

Fungamespl wrote:

Bakusura does flat 70 on his last level. And he's got additional passive Physical Damage.

But you're right, I've done wrong maths on that. It should be around 35 damage when having 3k health, so I guess it should be 1-2% max health flat on all levels.

Yes, but Bakasura relies on attack speed, sacrificing other forms of damage. Glad to see that you've come to your senses, at least on this matter.

Fungamespl wrote:

Now that I got it right, consider her dealing about 30 true damage from her max health. Is that OK?

Guan Yu, a bruiser, has 2150 health without any items. He'll go about 2500+ with items, or about 37.5 damage.

If the number's that low, then I have no problems with it.

Fungamespl wrote:

About that - she only deals AoE damage when NOT dealing True Damage. (so when no enemy had equal or less % health than she)

We can't read your mind, and this self buff is horribly awkward. Make it an attack, or make it a self buff, but not this frustrating mashup. Split them into two abilities if you wish, otherwise, it looks like you just want to cram as much power into one ability as possible.

Fungamespl wrote:

I actually find nothing OP about the third skill. Maybe she could get no penetrations though.

You're removing the main drawback of a hybrid build - the penetration, or lack therof. Also, this skill is another messed up conglomeration of a self buff and actual damage. But you're right, it's not much. You know why?

If she's a hybrid goddess, she's the worst one I've ever seen. Freya had both magical and physical damage, but they were fitted together in her basic attacks. Whether you build magical or physical power, her attacks increased in damage either way.

This deals magical damage scaling off of physical power. Worst Idea Ever, since she'll need to sacrifice power for penetration, or vice versa. As in, she'll gain literally no damage from buying magical penetration items.

If she was a normal hybrid goddess, swapping penetrations would be overpowered as hell, since you could fuse items like Polynomicon with Titan's Bane without sacrificing damage.

Fungamespl wrote:

I've just made a math mistake on her 2nd skill. You didn't bother to say anything sensible about other skills after you read that one.

And you have never made any sensible points, either.

Fungamespl wrote:

She's got only one CC. In her ulti. With updated 2nd skill (so that she deals about 1-2% max her health damage) she is very item dependant. Her flat damage from skills really ISN'T that great. Have you noticed?

Yes, the huge, global ult that deals great damage AND CC without s single drop of aiming required. Truly, this is balanced. /sarcasm

And her flat damage is NOT weak! Look at Sun Ray! It's a teleport that can give crits, with freaking 200 base damage with 70% contributions! With Deathbringer, it turns into 450 base with 210% contributions. Even Mercury's poke isn't that broken, and it's also not a freaking teleport.

Fungamespl wrote:

Yes. Global as in "Xbalanque's ulti global", instead that she doesn't stun you if you continue to move.

Xbalanque doesn't have a perfect escape, and his ultimate is so easily avoided that he's widely regarded as one of the worst hunters in the game.

Fungamespl wrote:

Well, for example Loki has perfect escapes as well but noone blames him. He has no sustain but instead high burst. Amaterasu deals sustained damage because she must be build tanky. And she wouldn't deal as much damage as Bakusura, healing instead so that she's sustainable.

Just...stop making a fool out of yourself. His escape is his ult! And he needs to waste it to escape! What is wrong with you?!

She can heal while dealing great damage, since she has literally all damaging skills with good contributions AND self-buffs. Like I said, greedy.

Fungamespl wrote:

TL;DR I'm updating my error so that damage from her 2nd skill is only 1,5% max HP in True Damage.

Believe me, she needs a lot more than that. Stay tuned.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }